If ya don't know...

This forum is for general topics. Keep all posts, images, etc safe for those who read the forum at work. Post only that content that you'd want your mama to read. Violators will be banned.
D-nymph

If ya don't know...

Post by D-nymph » Fri Feb 05, 2016 2:24 pm

[report]...Now ya know

A few months ago, phone call with Cool Manchu ended with:
me: "well, when we going fishing again?".
Cool - "Come to Dally's Streamer Lovefest. I have room in the boat, we can fish 4 days. Slapshot is coming with his boat too."
Me - "Uhhh, yea, done deal. That was easy."

Made a call looking for a ride share, Bill wanted in & we made it happen.

Deciding on the southern route from PA to AR, I figured I'd ask our resident Aintry duck whacker if he had any recommendations on real deal WKY BBQ near Paducah. He did. Of course he did. We were not disappointed.

Then he said he could do one better & wanted to smoke a pork shoulder to do his part in keeping fatman fat. How could I refuse that, right? So, estimated times were arranged, he was duck hunting that day, but would meet us, just call when we got to a certain town for further instructions. We do, he says meet me in town X. Then texts back, "I decided to not hold things up, I'm pulled over on the berm at mile marker X". We pull 4 feet off the interstate, and he's there, with a pork shoulder still warm, wrapped in some kind of fucked up space blanket in a beer box. Exchange "the nice to meet yous" & we're each off on our way.

Bill was hungry.

15 hour drive & we're in. Cabin view from the deck.

First night, Slaps & friend, Cool Manchu, WB25, etc. all rolled in at various times & we got to the usuals. I offered a lit reefer to a policeman, it's all good, baby baby.

Water was higher than the last time I fished here. This pic is from 2014, the red line is where the water was last weekend. 30,000 cfs.

Hit the White at our leisure & at the flooded boat ramp. First day, Franzen borrowed a drifter & joined us.

We caught no fish, but it was 65 degrees. WB25 missed one 200 feet from the boat ramp & thought he had this White river thing dialed, no problem. Whoops.

Ironman's favorite beer

Fatman, Snuffbox & Genome showed up Friday evening. Saturday evening was the Streamer Lovefest scene at the shop. A couple guys wanted to check out this other river & we decided to do it that day because one guy had to leave Sunday morning. It's not a long float, Slaps & Coolmanchu had to be at Dally's a certain time for the tying demo thang. This was a good day. Lots of punes & some decent fish on stoneflies.

Bill hammering that throwback Mtn Dew made with real cane sugar!

Back to the cabins, clean up & head for Dally's. I expected a crowd, but there was more folks than I anticipated.

Caught up with these folks who went separate ways that afternoon.

Tying suckers!

Standing there heckling those two tying, I heard my name. Turn around & It's Palometa who I'd never met. Wasn't expecting that. Bullshitted a bit, & that's when they announced the food was ready. I told him, look man, see all these people in here, see how there's no line yet, we gotta go eat before these fools raid that buffet. brisket, ribs & pork, good stuff.

Palometa, I went looking for you later, never ran into you again. Will see you around though!

Next day, we took it slow, knowing there were a shit ton of boats out & we wanted to float until dark.
Bill went 2 for 4 & I went 1 for 3. No true pigs, but a decent day.

Fashion model

CoolManchu said he made 500lbs of cold smoked deer sausage this fall. Fantastic stuff, terrible photo

Last day was lots of sunshine, not many fish seen, but a lot of this:

Hey buddy!
Image[/report]
"The devil's pourin drinks and his daughter needs a ride" - III

DayTripper

Re: If ya don't know...

Post by DayTripper » Fri Feb 05, 2016 2:45 pm

Now honeys play you close like butter played toast :cool

Woolybug25

Post by Woolybug25 » Fri Feb 05, 2016 2:52 pm

Eh buddy... listen, son...

good times! :cool
"All mountain hippies are as young as they day they were born, smarter than Einstein, better looking than Tom Selleck and could outfish an army of pinners." - foureyedgeek

www.hiptothesip.blogspot.com

overbrook

Post by overbrook » Fri Feb 05, 2016 3:29 pm

Well done gentlemen!
"Enjoy these times before you get married and ruin your life." Fat Tire

"this place is full of very sweet, nice, kind gentlemen. You will like them, just don't sit on their laps." Vaku

I like everybody up here.
If I go down there... that's gonna change. I'm here for the fishin'... Fallen513

ironman

Post by ironman » Fri Feb 05, 2016 3:30 pm

Guess we know, now. Sweet reportage, doc.

https://youtu.be/NkiJDw1Kung[/youtube]
"if you don't understand the perfect logic of this, then you may as well fuck right off Teh Suk" - Fatman

"I took a Japanese whaling approach to panfishing as a kid." - Boomin

CarpeTructa

Post by CarpeTructa » Fri Feb 05, 2016 3:55 pm

Eatin' and drinkin' and fishin' with friends new and old - yeah, that didn't suck. :cool
Somebody else is going to have to watch the door for me now. Make sure to keep the riff-raff out. Outcast (RIP)

kish

Post by kish » Fri Feb 05, 2016 4:01 pm

Ironman has excellent taste in beer. Nice report.
“We act as though comfort and luxury were the chief requirements of life, when all that we need to make us really happy is something to be enthusiastic about.” Charles Kingsley

Randall Dee

Post by Randall Dee » Fri Feb 05, 2016 4:19 pm

I'm gonna need to sample some of that cold smoked deer sausage before I render a final opinion.

Cool Man, let me know if you need my address.

Looks like fun.

Heero[CntRmbrPwd]

Post by Heero[CntRmbrPwd] » Fri Feb 05, 2016 4:44 pm

One day I hope to be invited to a Drake gathering.

pbrstreetgang

Post by pbrstreetgang » Fri Feb 05, 2016 4:55 pm

Nice!
Heero[CntRmbrPwd] wrote:One day I hope to be invited to a Drake gathering.
Shut up
Everybody knows this is nowhere...

Genome

Post by Genome » Fri Feb 05, 2016 7:07 pm

That pork did not suck! Nice fish, glad somebody was moving them.

The Wandering Blues

Post by The Wandering Blues » Fri Feb 05, 2016 7:31 pm

The pulled pork was enough to make this top shelf. Everything after that was piling on. Show off.... :cool
"We're a cross between our parents and hippies in a tent...."
180 Degrees South