Your indulgence. Please….

This forum is for general topics. Keep all posts, images, etc safe for those who read the forum at work. Post only that content that you'd want your mama to read. Violators will be banned.
PastorBen

Your indulgence. Please….

Post by PastorBen » Fri Feb 05, 2016 11:02 pm

Hey there

I wish to beg everyone’s pardon as I unburden my heavy heart…

Today my lovely bride and I had to put Mz Ashley down…She was nearing her 12 birthday and was having Chronic back issues and was dealing with a lot of pain and losing the use of her back legs…

Ashley was not a great dog…she was hard head, and opinionated, listened like a rock and was constantly begging for food and attention…

Ashley was a great companion…the 10 years I spent living in Montana away from my family she was my constant companion 24/7….
She played a huge role in my recovery from my brain tumor surgery…

She was a gracious host sharing her house with many guest…Chole, Koda and Gracie, Ben and Jasmine , and KP…to name a few..

She love her time on the Ranches we fished on…and rolling in cow patties and gut piles, and after birth…you know all those neat things you find on ranches in Montana…

She loved Bailey Bob ..my daughter in laws chocolate Lab (he passed in December)

She loved being the playground monitor for the pre-school in Sheridan and loved the Sunday school kids and their cookies in Twin Bridges…

Her love of bacon was almost legendary in the Ruby valley…I could not go into any café in the valley and the cook would have Ashley’s bacon on the flattop before I sat down…

For now there is a hole in my heart that will take sometime to heal…and maybe some day another pup will come along and find a place in my heart but for now I have my memories and tears…

Please forgive my over abundance of photos….

This was taken this past April…11 and still by my side giving advice

riding shotgun

we spent a lot of time on this porch…

Rainbows

Browns

Saint Ashley

Clean up crew

pathetic look…

happy dog

Sleepin’

on point …fish or foul or turtle

helping land a brown…

Rehab. Dog…..

She loved her momma

She was a great mouser…

But most of all she loved her bacon….

Grace and we'll see you on the other side …good girl…

Ben
Forgive me my nonsense, as I also forgive the nonsense of those that think they talk sense.

~ Robert Frost ~

The Wandering Blues

Re: Your indulgence. Please….

Post by The Wandering Blues » Fri Feb 05, 2016 11:04 pm

Ben, I am so very sorry for your loss. I'm sure you'll see her again on the other side.
"We're a cross between our parents and hippies in a tent...."
180 Degrees South

James

Post by James » Fri Feb 05, 2016 11:15 pm

That was one lucky dog. And a lucky man.
:cool

pbrstreetgang

Post by pbrstreetgang » Fri Feb 05, 2016 11:24 pm

First time in a long time I've wanted a dog. That very type of companionship is so wonderful. I bet she's bragging right now about how cool her companion was while she was there with you.

She may have passed from your sight, but she's still going strong through these memories.

Be happy she shared her time with you,many you had someone who made your time together so unforgettable.
Everybody knows this is nowhere...

kish

Post by kish » Fri Feb 05, 2016 11:29 pm

Sorry to hear, PB. Looks like you gave each other a great life. Love the bacon pic.
“We act as though comfort and luxury were the chief requirements of life, when all that we need to make us really happy is something to be enthusiastic about.” Charles Kingsley

K_P

Post by K_P » Fri Feb 05, 2016 11:41 pm

Your pain is all too familiar. I'm terribly sorry for your loss, and for the recent loss of Bailey Bob.

Here's one from a few years back. Such a fine companion for you through all those times when you most needed one.

Godspeed Mz. Ashley.

Last edited by K_P on Sat Feb 06, 2016 2:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Woolybug25

Post by Woolybug25 » Fri Feb 05, 2016 11:49 pm

I'm so sorry to hear, my friend. She was a great pup and I hope you take in a bit of piece in knowing that you provided her a remarkable life filled with joy and love.
"All mountain hippies are as young as they day they were born, smarter than Einstein, better looking than Tom Selleck and could outfish an army of pinners." - foureyedgeek

www.hiptothesip.blogspot.com

yard4sale

Post by yard4sale » Sat Feb 06, 2016 12:08 am

Fudge.

As soon as I saw the words Mz Ashley I thought of bacon. Some sort of reverse pavlovian deal.

Sorry for your loss Ben and thank you for sharing her life with us. For some reason the rascally dogs seem to have the most personality and embed themselves deepest in our hearts.
You can't go back and you can't stand still
If the thunder don't get you then the lightning will

When your choices are between a pedophile religious zealot or a dem suddenly the pedophile religious zealot doesn't sound too bad. - PLOW

chadroc

Post by chadroc » Sat Feb 06, 2016 12:58 am

it is a blessing what color and beauty a dog can bring to a life. i'm sad for your loss, but glad for the times you had together. wonderful photos.
holding it down on the other side of the border

enjoy your catch (it died)

SOBF

Post by SOBF » Sat Feb 06, 2016 3:38 am

When I think of Mz Ashley I think of your times on the water with her by your side. I think of all the pictures you have put up of some delicious looking concoction slowly cooking on your smoker knowing full well it's going to end with Mz Ashley getting to sample some and washing it down with a piece of bacon ! Sorry for your loss,Ben.

Bobwhite

Post by Bobwhite » Sat Feb 06, 2016 4:22 am

Lisa and I are so sorry for your loss, Ben.

Your love for Ms. Ashley is evident in your photos of her...
"Why in the fuck did I miss this place? It's like missing a raging case of the clap."

"Make it matter, fuckos." jhnnythndr

" Herre jävlar vilka fiskar!!" P-A

"I'm no saint though, nor a judge. Rock that shit good and hard, and on your way out, wipe your dick on the curtains." - Kyner

B.M. Barrelcooker

Post by B.M. Barrelcooker » Sat Feb 06, 2016 4:32 am

This makes me sad.

Sorry
"worst that can happen is a big fat zero and a fine walk out of doors"---Chadroc