This forum is for general topics. Keep all posts, images, etc safe for those who read the forum at work. Post only that content that you'd want your mama to read. Violators will be banned.
jim-harrison-author-in-1972-everett.jpg
jim-harrison-author-in-1972-everett.jpg (123.54 KiB) Viewed 2473 times
“Barring love I'll take my life in large doses alone--rivers, forests, fish, grouse, mountains. Dogs.”
― Jim Harrison, Wolf False Memoir
Now there is a loss. I'll be thinking about that one.
That sucks. That's a great quote. ( Which is pretty much a given if it's from him.) Finished Brown Dog not too long ago. I usually don't read books more than once, so if anyone would like it PM me your address.

(Edited to add: The book has been spoken for.)
Last edited by kish on Mon Mar 28, 2016 4:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ajax wrote:This defines the word 'bummer'. Godspeed, Indian Jim. No one's going to fill the hole you've left.
Exactly... Godspeed.
our species just lost a beautiful piece of its voice.

"Perhaps swimming was dancing under the water, he thought. To swim under lily pads seeing their green slender stalks wavering as you passed, to swim under upraised logs past schools of sunfish and bluegills, to swim through reed beds past wriggling water snakes and miniature turtles, to swim in small lakes, big lakes, Lake Michigan, to swim in small farm ponds, creeks, rivers, giant rivers where one was swept along easefully by the current, to swim naked alone at night when you were nineteen and so alone you felt like you were choking every waking moment, having left home for reasons more hormonal than rational; reasons having to do with the abstraction of the future and one's questionable place in the world of the future, an absurdity not the less harsh for being so widespread."

The man who gave up his name

Good luck out there Jim.
Hope to bump into Hemingway and Harrison sharing some water (guess it'll be some Michigan water) one day.
dammit Jim!
One of the greats. To see what he saw and did-
Fishing Scotland

Only thing I have fished nearby is the North Esk n[…]

A Confession

bubbles.png

So if I lost my password for 2 years can I show […]

Thumbing Through Some SBSs

Munchkin Muddler https://live.staticflickr.c[…]

Subscribe to The Drake Magazine