rochester died today. now with more benson (pg9).

This forum is for general topics. Keep all posts, images, etc safe for those who read the forum at work. Post only that content that you'd want your mama to read. Violators will be banned.
austrotard

rochester died today. now with more benson (pg9).

Post by austrotard » Tue Apr 12, 2016 8:57 am

for the first time in my life I wish I was stupid enough to think this was funny.

he drowned.
elizabeth took him out at half four as she always does to a park where the council allows them to be off their leads. she goes at this time as she and rochester became great friends with everyone they met. after dogs, most being adults... they love her politeness and the way he was so well trained for her.

around half five this evening she said to him 'all right, fifteen minutes' and he ran into the water. it had heavily raining earlier this afternoon and there is a drainage in this park that consists of two 1m (39") diameter grated pipes into a brick structure with a volume of say, six clawfoot baths which drains into a 450mm (18') circumference pipe... without a grate.
from this the bank runs downhill, and on the sides up on a 45* stone-bricked angle and I was told the water was slightly above the height of the larger pipes so a good metre/4' up the wall. he went to get a ball that was swirling around in the drainage and his head went under and elizabeth said she started screaming at that point. as you can imagine everyone had come to her aid but he was swept under.
I would have arrived at twenty to six. by this point the water had receded to 4" under the out flow. I was certain a dog of that size wouldn't fit in there but of course he would. I knew exactly what had happened. elizabeth was beside herself.
the fire department came but of course there was nothing they could do they weren't about to send the smallest firey in there and we all knew it was pointless.
I asked elizabeth to stay in the truck while I went to thank them and give them my details.

I was okay until I got home. my missus had just returned from work and the youngest would have told her where dad was.
I came in the door and had to say 'he's gone, love' and then explain the situation. I'm not going to try and explain what happened afterwards.
I reckon I lasted about 10min before I had to leave, I needed a cigarette.

of course I went back to the park, rang my best mate and had to tell him I had fucking well lied to him as well as you. that dog was never at an arm's length.
he came to meet me shortly afterwards. he got straight into the water which was now about 4" deep and flashed his light down the tunnel; the exact same thing the fireys had done an hour earlier.

he's gone, lads. buried in some drainage pipe.

the only reason I'm telling you is because I'd only feel like an ass had I done it later.
it's half nine now.

I've had to remain stern faced in front of my girls but I know they heard me in the other rooms.
I've the telly up and I'm sure they can hear me now.

elizabeth told me she said she was going to go in after him.
we managed a solid talk in the 5 minute drive home and put some points crystal clear.

in one mind I'm glad I didn't find his body.
I'm glad he went quick.

when my mate and I left we ran into the local council ranger explained the situation again and left him waiting for the water corp.
they know where the old storm drains lead. they'll be in touch tomorrow.
perhaps I'll get him back.

he's gone, lads.
no more fur in the carpets.
no more dog continuously staring at me in the car.
no more dog beside my bed.
no more dog.

couldn't happen to a better dickhead, hey. it's scarlett's birthday tomorrow. he just turned five in feb.
I'm sorry I lied to you all... I'm a fucking mess tonight.
Last edited by austrotard on Thu Apr 21, 2016 8:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
we'll always have buffalo, sweet josh.

-mtice

Ginseng Sullivan

Re: rochester died today

Post by Ginseng Sullivan » Tue Apr 12, 2016 9:04 am

Damn man, that's pretty rough.

Rest In Peace Rochester.

Vibes and Peace to you and the Family.

Lando

Post by Lando » Tue Apr 12, 2016 9:05 am

I'm so sorry.
If my tombstone reads, "He never ate sushi." it won't be a lie, and I'll be OK with that.

~Average Joe

Bigguy

Post by Bigguy » Tue Apr 12, 2016 9:06 am

Damn, that's a tough one. So sorry for your loss, pal.

Transylwader

Post by Transylwader » Tue Apr 12, 2016 9:09 am

Mitch, this is horrible mate. So very sorry to hear.
I'll pour a sip for the God this eve.
If assholes could fly, Raleigh would be a fucking airport - my Mum

Wingnut

Post by Wingnut » Tue Apr 12, 2016 9:22 am

Bad way to go mate. Always tough to lose a god. Pour a sip out for you tonight.
Where can I buy some wanderlust?

Wholetmygoatsout

Post by Wholetmygoatsout » Tue Apr 12, 2016 9:26 am

There's no good way to loose a god or a good time ... I know your pain, sorry to hear of it.
"..I made my living on here drawing dicks for the last 4+ years". RFA

"Sometimes you are the dog, sometimes you are the tree". Mario Gotze

PastorBen

Post by PastorBen » Tue Apr 12, 2016 9:29 am

Mitch and family

My heart is broken and I weep for you and your family, I am holding you all in my prayers. I take solace in knowing that Rochester will be waiting for you all...(this I firmly believe)

Grace and Peace

Ben
Forgive me my nonsense, as I also forgive the nonsense of those that think they talk sense.

~ Robert Frost ~

ironman

Post by ironman » Tue Apr 12, 2016 9:32 am

Sorry, Mitch. That's a tragic loss for you and your family.
"if you don't understand the perfect logic of this, then you may as well fuck right off Teh Suk" - Fatman

"I took a Japanese whaling approach to panfishing as a kid." - Boomin

RaZ

Post by RaZ » Tue Apr 12, 2016 9:36 am

sucks big time man. sorry for the loss.
"Then let us know how that goes, you smug motherfucker"

befuddled

Post by befuddled » Tue Apr 12, 2016 9:42 am

Damn Mitch, sorry for your loss. That is heart wrenching.
There are so many dildos out there, you''d think setting their phones to vibrate would come naturally. ---SUAF

greedy capitalist/liberal-elitist/gun-toting profit monger

We'll wake the dead motherfucker. Fuck you. ---- Fallen513

steelhound

Post by steelhound » Tue Apr 12, 2016 9:51 am

This was a tough read. Gods are closer than family in most cases and their passing is never easy. I'm going to pour one out for your furry friend this evening. Hang in there buddy.
frustrated. After a few "what the fucks?" "i suck"s and a break on shore I convinced her to get back to casting. I clearly remember this question/statement "so you actually think this is fun. These fish are fucked"
Marlo