This forum is for general topics. Keep all posts, images, etc safe for those who read the forum at work. Post only that content that you'd want your mama to read. Violators will be banned.
By Ursus
Hum, it seems we all have more in common than just fishing. Went to lots of concerts in the 70's - Aerosmith, Alice Cooper, Zappa, Bob Seager, Foghat, Kiss, Peter Frampton, etc. but truth to tell I don't remember them - didn't then and don't now. The "non-chemical" years have turned out to be the best - at least in terms of concert going - and probably everything else as well.
By Geezer
Man my brain is swiss cheese, Doc Watson on his farewell tour after Merle died. They always seem come back though.Captain Beefheart in Eugene Ore. 79
If you add up all the dollars we spent on concerts, think of the drake fest we could have today.BTW - it came to me last night after an agave & lime toasty, the name of the recording studio in Colorado was the Caribou Ranch. Anyone know if it's still in business? I seem to recall it burned down or something, under questionable circumstances I think. Insurance claims.

<small>[ January 14, 2007, 06:25 PM: Message edited by: tarpon slime sunscreen ]</small>
Originally posted by Ursus:n Hum, it seems we all have more in common than just fishing. Went to lots of concerts in the 70's - Aerosmith, Alice Cooper, Zappa, Bob Seager, Foghat, Kiss, Peter Frampton, etc. but truth to tell I don't remember them - didn't then and don't now. The "non-chemical" years have turned out to be the best - at least in terms of concert going - and probably everything else as well.
I concur, my (almost) sober years(insert yourn favorite occassional dark beer), have also beemy best years. It's great to go to a live music venue and actually hear the artist perform. Lifeis good! I'll be fifty real soon, if someonetold me 30 odd years ago that I would be aliveat 49 3/4, I would have thought they were nuts!
Originally posted by tarpon slime sunscreen:n BTW - it came to me last night after an agave & lime toasty, the name of the recording studio in Colorado was the Caribou Ranch. Anyone know if it's still in business? I seem to recall it burned down or something, under questionable circumstances I think. Insurance claims.
Like my dad always said, a successful business rarely burns...
it's all coming back now... still hazy.. flashback?

<small>[ January 14, 2007, 07:53 PM: Message edited by: woolly bugger ]</small>
"Young Bob" Cray. Kingston RI early 90sDo you wondern Do you think n That every time I leave my housen That I'm sneakin' aroundn But if I am n It should mean nothing to youn Since you put me downAnd it'll be the last timen That I get burned like this

<small>[ January 14, 2007, 08:38 PM: Message edited by: eponymous ]</small>
Roy Acuff, 1945 in the National Guard Armory. Someone with him sang "Old Shep" and I cried. Roy sang "The Great Speckled Bird" and Mama cried.Flatt and Scruggs, 1949 or 50 on top of the concession stand at the drive-in. It was misting and Earl had difficulty keeping in tune (skin head on his banjer was streaching because of the moisture).Frank Sinatra, 1958, Copacabana NY city. Mesmerizing.Chet Atkins, 1959, some joint on music row. We thought he would be at the Opry, wasn't. He jammed with whom I can't remember and we talked to him afterward. The thrill of my life.Charlie Bryd, 1960, dive in DC. When he played "Lullaby of Birdland" the hair rose on my neck.Johnny Cash, 1967, had to be helped on to a stool, which he fell off twice during the performance. He was great. Saw him a year later, sober and fat, he was awful.
crick addict, I'm with ya. So many times I think if someone so many years ago had said to me 'in so many years you'll be blah blah..., I would have said 'get the fuck outa here', but here I am anyway, WTF.Fatal 1940, that is an impressive list. Roy Acuff, damn... Frank Sinatra, 1958, Copacabana, double damn, that's some great stuff, thanks.
for some reason I thought being 35 made me an old man on this board...man, was I mistaken.I'm numb...trying to wrap my head around seing the who in 1969 and the Allman Bros. in 71 made me reach for the exedrin.awesome thread.
Roughfish swap (Heero backed out)

Mine are inbound via US post :wink

Thumbing Through Some SBSs

Reece’s Surface Assassin (variation) h[…]

it took you that long to come up with this? ni[…]

Few days late, but I'm pouring a sip for ol' Charl[…]

Subscribe to The Drake Magazine