Sexy Hexy

This forum is for general topics. Keep all posts, images, etc safe for those who read the forum at work. Post only that content that you'd want your mama to read. Violators will be banned.
ironman

Sexy Hexy

Post by ironman » Wed Jul 13, 2016 7:48 pm

This was on terestrial radio on the way to launch day one.
https://youtu.be/07Y0cy-nvAg[/youtube]

So DayTripper and I have overlapping big boy lives. And as good planning, smug motherfuckers, we manage time. And managed our time for a work n play centered on the Hex in Nort Meeshigin.

My good friend opened his home to me, took me to prime waters, and even introduced me to his wife and kids. Super family. I obliged with a home cooked meal.

This hex thing is a cool deal. And I've wanted to do it for a long time. Grateful to have had the opportunity. Thanks again, Alex.

Without further ado.

I crossed proper this time. Fucking borders cost me 2.5 hours. So much for the shortcut.
500 miles, on the dirt to Casa DT
We went fishing.
This was launch time.
We stuck a bunch of fish early. Light was failing, and it was on, so photos weren't the focus.
This is THEE fish of the trip. Pig. And so is the guy holding it. I'm sorta happy.
Randoms from Day 1
SOBF was there.

We retired at 4:00am after a terrific night.

So Day 2 was on. DT had work, and I had work, so we did what you do. My day started at this kickass breakfast spot whose name escapes me. English Breakfast, and Michiganders take their sausages serious.
After the work was done, I visited the local grocer and put some provisions together for dinner.

We went fishing after dinner.

This was special. DT's son joined us for his first hex experience. It was great fun.

It got too dark for pics, but DT's son stuck an absolute pig, trout set, and broke it off. It was awesome. He was not pleased, but DT and I were. Then I got a shot, almost capsized the craft and fell in, and the ruckus put off the fish. Cat like reflexes I have.

The wind and weather came in, and that was it. We were back at the homestead by 1am. There was a big hatch of duns that night though, but no spinners.

1224 door to door.

Thanks again, DT!
"if you don't understand the perfect logic of this, then you may as well fuck right off Teh Suk" - Fatman

"I took a Japanese whaling approach to panfishing as a kid." - Boomin

ironman

Re: Sexy Hexy

Post by ironman » Wed Jul 13, 2016 8:02 pm

Add on.

So DT's son broke that fish off.

We found the fly, on the water, with the knot intact and the failed tippet. In the dark. With a random check on the water to look for spinners.

I don't have a pic of that. But it absolutely happened.
"if you don't understand the perfect logic of this, then you may as well fuck right off Teh Suk" - Fatman

"I took a Japanese whaling approach to panfishing as a kid." - Boomin

stripstrike

Post by stripstrike » Wed Jul 13, 2016 8:05 pm

Fucking hell, mate - that's the good stuff. Hex are the working man's bugs. :Roll Eyes
"No, I'm not a pessimist. At some point the world shits on everybody. Pretending it ain't shit makes you an idiot, not an optimist." Justin's dad

El Jeffe

Post by El Jeffe » Wed Jul 13, 2016 9:10 pm

Thanks for sharing the part where you fell in. I needed a laugh tonight :cool

FredA

Post by FredA » Wed Jul 13, 2016 9:30 pm

Travelin man you are. That hex stuff is fun. It's a whole other world out there in the dark isn't it?

T minus 7 buddy.

Lurgee

Post by Lurgee » Wed Jul 13, 2016 9:32 pm

Alex is good people.
"Fried Chicken for President!" Trucha del Mar

"Sweet Jesus... untold hundreds of linear miles of pristine trout water within pissing distance, and you cocksuckers went fishing for carp?
What's next? A Wang Chung show? Ajax

Upsetter

Post by Upsetter » Wed Jul 13, 2016 11:59 pm

the bugs super bad or what? tryin to get my head around the low light/night buffs
high light buff i get...
and just askin. im heading that way friday. missin the luau again. :wink

Lando

Post by Lando » Thu Jul 14, 2016 12:17 am

Upsetter wrote:tryin to get my head around the low light/night buffs
missin the luau again. :wink

Maybe it was windy............

Too bad........two boats with three dudes.

And 150 shirts...........

:cool
If my tombstone reads, "He never ate sushi." it won't be a lie, and I'll be OK with that.

~Average Joe

SOBF

Post by SOBF » Thu Jul 14, 2016 2:43 am

Awesome all the way around !!

austrotard

Post by austrotard » Thu Jul 14, 2016 4:13 am

if you came to 'straya and made us the pork belly you made at the bake you could fuck my missus.

you know... as soon as she gets off cristiano ronaldo.
we'll always have buffalo, sweet josh.

-mtice

DayTripper

Post by DayTripper » Thu Jul 14, 2016 8:06 am

ironman wrote:Add on.

So DT's son broke that fish off.

We found the fly, on the water, with the knot intact and the failed tippet. In the dark. With a random check on the water to look for spinners.

I don't have a pic of that. But it absolutely happened.
Add on.

When we found it, it was 200yds (182.88 meters, for mitch) downstream, 45 minutes later. The propability of it floating by, a few feet from the boat, that far away, that long past when it broke off, at the exact moment i randomly turned my headlamp on to check the water for bugs has to be pretty close to 0.

-G-

Post by -G- » Thu Jul 14, 2016 8:39 am

Glad you fellas found plenty of bugs. Nice fish too!

Hows that confluence (I guess now stealthcraft) with standing up in the front tossing a streamer?
Maybe we haven't drank enough Busch- Nolan