This forum is for general topics. Keep all posts, images, etc safe for those who read the forum at work. Post only that content that you'd want your mama to read. Violators will be banned.
By hotspur
"Don't waste time tying knots" says Orvis of its dropper rig holder (below). Personally, I go fishing for that reason alone: to waste time. And I like to take my time tying on a dropper. Sometimes, I'll even cut the knot I've just tied in order to tie another, not-necessarily-better knot. Sometimes, I tie on a dropper and then cut it off without explaining myself to anybody. Sometimes I just sit by the stream and watch. Sometimes I just sit. Image
By ktaylor
Speaking of cell phones on the river, I once received a call from davisfly standing in the middle of the Provo to tell me about the brown he currently had on. If I wasn't 700 miles away at the time I would have drowned his stinking cell phone, filthy braggard.
By Deerhawk
Hotspur,n You nailed it man! I love steping out of the shooting zone to remove, inspect, tie, re-tie, or otherwise just "Space" on the beauty of my suroundings and say to myself "Damn bro, it don't get no better than this". A few months back I had 4 cow Elk cross the Wilson 100 feet away from me during one of these "Tieing" sessions, magnificent! :(
By Brookwookie
Last summer I had several encounters with what was probably the same mink. I'd never have met him or known where to look for him if I hadn't been sitting on the bank watching some cedar waxwings. He nearly bumped into me. No way was that a waste of my time.
By muddler
sometimes i'm too hungover to even wade much less tie a knot. sometimes when i think of stupid things that orvis makes i just want throw rocks at all the dudes with range rovers and dropper rig holders. what they really need is a leader straightner-thingy and one of those hats from "the movie"(not that they arent sweet rides but i just prefer a pick-up) and
By fyshnutz
Sometimes I sit and think, and sometimes I just sit.

Disgruntled thin mint it is.

Thumbing Through Some SBSs

Europa 12 Harklan https://live.staticflickr.[…]

you're keeping the fire stoked. And a few oth[…]

The return of Stolen Hours

4/8/20 #17 18:49 that’s a strange amount[…]

Subscribe to The Drake Magazine