Wasting Time on the River

This forum is for general topics. Keep all posts, images, etc safe for those who read the forum at work. Post only that content that you'd want your mama to read. Violators will be banned.
hotspur

Wasting Time on the River

Post by hotspur » Fri Dec 09, 2005 9:08 pm

"Don't waste time tying knots" says Orvis of its dropper rig holder (below). Personally, I go fishing for that reason alone: to waste time. And I like to take my time tying on a dropper. Sometimes, I'll even cut the knot I've just tied in order to tie another, not-necessarily-better knot. Sometimes, I tie on a dropper and then cut it off without explaining myself to anybody. Sometimes I just sit by the stream and watch. Sometimes I just sit. Image

Salty

Re: Wasting Time on the River

Post by Salty » Fri Dec 09, 2005 9:24 pm

well put :eek: :eek: :eek:
Ryan

http://busterwantstofish.com

"a complete lack on intellectual curiosity, and a sense of humor that make beavis and butthead look like NPR commentators" Fyshnutz

Smithhammer

Post by Smithhammer » Fri Dec 09, 2005 9:36 pm

Right on, Hotspur - when I don't have the time on a river to tie a frickin' dropper on, just shoot me.
"I expect more from the man who gave us all boobies and pie..." - epon

Buster Wants to Fish

Mouthful of Feathers

creeklover

Post by creeklover » Fri Dec 09, 2005 9:52 pm

Amen! Also turn the cell phone off. Unless your fishing during the workday and take sales calls on stream. :(
"''nut, i''d resize but i''m far too busy catching the fuck outta steelhead" - b_t_fry

http://busterwantstofish.com/

ktaylor

Post by ktaylor » Fri Dec 09, 2005 10:14 pm

Speaking of cell phones on the river, I once received a call from davisfly standing in the middle of the Provo to tell me about the brown he currently had on. If I wasn't 700 miles away at the time I would have drowned his stinking cell phone, filthy braggard.

Deerhawk

Post by Deerhawk » Fri Dec 09, 2005 11:08 pm

Hotspur,n You nailed it man! I love steping out of the shooting zone to remove, inspect, tie, re-tie, or otherwise just "Space" on the beauty of my suroundings and say to myself "Damn bro, it don't get no better than this". A few months back I had 4 cow Elk cross the Wilson 100 feet away from me during one of these "Tieing" sessions, magnificent! :(
Take a powder shithead... this is MY spot!
Proud Member of the Hook and Bullet Generation

Brookwookie

Post by Brookwookie » Fri Dec 09, 2005 11:19 pm

Last summer I had several encounters with what was probably the same mink. I'd never have met him or known where to look for him if I hadn't been sitting on the bank watching some cedar waxwings. He nearly bumped into me. No way was that a waste of my time.
The Most Recent Evolution Of Muthafusticus Modernusticus
Buster Wants To Fish

muddler

Post by muddler » Sat Dec 10, 2005 12:16 am

sometimes i'm too hungover to even wade much less tie a knot. sometimes when i think of stupid things that orvis makes i just want throw rocks at all the dudes with range rovers and dropper rig holders. what they really need is a leader straightner-thingy and one of those hats from "the movie"(not that they arent sweet rides but i just prefer a pick-up) and

WT

Post by WT » Sat Dec 10, 2005 12:24 am

The one thing that I actually like about The Drake is that it does not advertise for Orvis.n WT

fyshnutz

Post by fyshnutz » Sat Dec 10, 2005 7:00 am

Sometimes I sit and think, and sometimes I just sit.
we''re gonna get thingy flapped on dillweed and bunghole some donkey punches - ''fud

Smithhammer

Post by Smithhammer » Sat Dec 10, 2005 7:30 am

"For chrissake folks, what is this life full of care if we have no time to stand and stare?" - Ed Abbey :( :coffee:

Buster Wants to Fish

Mouthful of Feathers

Smithhammer

Post by Smithhammer » Sat Dec 10, 2005 7:37 am

[/img] tell you, we are here on Earth to fart around, and don't let anybody tell you different." - Kurt Vonnegut Jr.

Buster Wants to Fish

Mouthful of Feathers