Beaver Post: If I do it I'll get a whuppin'

This forum is for general topics. Keep all posts, images, etc safe for those who read the forum at work. Post only that content that you'd want your mama to read. Violators will be banned.
WT

Beaver Post: If I do it I'll get a whuppin'

Post by WT » Tue Jan 24, 2006 2:49 pm

I do'd it!
Image n WT

<small>[ January 24, 2006, 04:26 PM: Message edited by: WT ]</small>

Shaq

Re: Beaver Post: If I do it I'll get a whuppin'

Post by Shaq » Tue Jan 24, 2006 2:53 pm

uuuuuuuhhhhmmmmm :p
June 24, 2017
Pineville, NY
http://www.speynation.com

creeklover

Post by creeklover » Tue Jan 24, 2006 2:56 pm

True story.....I was duck hunting this little swamp and making my way back to the truck. I stepped down in this little water hole and out jumps a beaver. I had stepped on it! Scared the shit out of me. Everytime a see a "beaver" I think of that memory.
"''nut, i''d resize but i''m far too busy catching the fuck outta steelhead" - b_t_fry

http://busterwantstofish.com/

FliesOnly

Post by FliesOnly » Tue Jan 24, 2006 3:22 pm

Ive fallen into some beaver in the past.....
"yeah go and catch that big one over there, while i twist up another hooter. don''t fuck around too long though lunch is in 15 minutes and then it''s nap time."n ~Ginseng Sullivan "Guiding the private water"

Shinehead
Location: the junction of great trout rivers in Western Montana

Post by Shinehead » Tue Jan 24, 2006 4:01 pm

Anybody ever encounter an attack beaver?I was up the Blackfoot a few years back, playing a good-sized 'bow in a large eddy when I noticed a fairly large specimen circling the water in the general vicinity of the fish. As I brought the fish in closer, the beaver moved in as well. I took a couple of steps into the water for the release and looked up to see him (or her? how do you tell, really?) about ten feet away and bearing down at full steam.Not used to dealing with aggressive beavers (certainly not that aggressive, anyway), I kinda freaked and yelled at it, at which point it veered away from a distance of four feet or so. Half-expected it to be foaming at the mouth, but aside from its actions it appeared to be your normal, garden-variety beaver.Gave me a new respect for beavers, I'll tell you that. I've kept one eye peeled for them ever since.

SOBF

Post by SOBF » Tue Jan 24, 2006 4:06 pm

I have almost soiled several pairs of waders due to the nasty flat tails seeing fit to SLAP the water about a foot from me while fishing after dark...n Bastards

WT

Post by WT » Tue Jan 24, 2006 4:27 pm

Another rodent of unusual size.
Imagen [/img]t turns out that in certain parts of Venezuela the Catholic populace is allowed to eat Capybara on Ash Wednesday and Lenten Fridays, due to a Vatican ruling centuries ago that the animal could be considered a fish. "n Thanks Pope!n WT

Smithhammer

Post by Smithhammer » Tue Jan 24, 2006 4:30 pm

Yet another flawless and unassailable example of the logic of the Catholic Church. :(
"I expect more from the man who gave us all boobies and pie..." - epon

Buster Wants to Fish

Mouthful of Feathers

Smithhammer

Post by Smithhammer » Tue Jan 24, 2006 4:35 pm

I would have loved to have been a fly on the wall when the Venezuelan priests traveled halfway around the world to convince the Pope that this marmot on steroids was actually piscine in nature, and there o.k. to be eaten on one particular Wednesday and Friday during the year. You have to wonder, since its an obvious ploy to slip in some kind of meat as an exception on those meatless days, was there a list of candidates? How did they finally settle on the capybara? Did they think it looked more like a fish than the anteater? Did they show the pope a drawing of a giant hamster with a catfish tail?

<small>[ January 24, 2006, 04:36 PM: Message edited by: Smithhammer ]</small>
"I expect more from the man who gave us all boobies and pie..." - epon

Buster Wants to Fish

Mouthful of Feathers

Brookwookie

Post by Brookwookie » Tue Jan 24, 2006 5:13 pm

Biggest beaver I ever saw was on the Missouri near Wolf Creek. Goddam thing had a head like a rottweiler.edit: It had never occurred to me, but given the squarish head I suppose the thing I saw could have been a river otter.

<small>[ January 24, 2006, 05:36 PM: Message edited by: Brookwookie ]</small>
The Most Recent Evolution Of Muthafusticus Modernusticus
Buster Wants To Fish

coolconman

Post by coolconman » Tue Jan 24, 2006 5:28 pm

Originally posted by WT:n [/img]t turns out that in certain parts of Venezuela the Catholic populace is allowed to eat Capybara on Ash Wednesday and Lenten Fridays, due to a Vatican ruling centuries ago that the animal could be considered a fish. "n Thanks Pope!n WT
At least the thing is a swimmer. I suppose a platypus is fair game too. According to the World Book Encylopedia, the Capybara is “the favorite food of jaguars, alligators, and human beingsâ€
"Hey man, I''m not a tree hugger......but if I see one with titties, Ima hump da shit out of it."n ~dutch(effin new guy)

WT

Post by WT » Tue Jan 24, 2006 5:59 pm

anacondas are fond of 'em too.n WT