This forum is for general topics. Keep all posts, images, etc safe for those who read the forum at work. Post only that content that you'd want your mama to read. Violators will be banned.
By TX.
My oldest son has gone balls to the wall into it.
I started when the sport was starting about 30 (5) years ago.
When I lived in Denver I road to work every day 7 miles and took the courthouse route over stairs and shit....
Road mtn's on days off when I wasn't fishing, or strapped a rod tube to the bike and road up Waterton Canyon to get away from the tourists.
My mind is blown watching vids now of what is being done on mountain bikes.
I'm trying to help my son grow in the sport, but like computers, it's changing faster than you can blink.
High end bikes cost more than the first new pickup I bought.
They even have scholarships now....at real universities for this.
The last three years has been staggering to try and catch up with over one summer.

Anyway, just a feeler.
I can't keep up w/ my kid...but I still fix his broke shit.
By 421sd
I still have the Trek MB I bought in college. I ride it about 2-3 times a week for exercise, but seldom get off in the woods anymore. Used to ride logging roads a lot when I was younger. Like everything, today's technology makes my bike look like '83 Toyota. It has cantilever brakes, and no suspension and shit. Still a solid bike though.
By NeedmoreDEET
Talk to Cary. His son rides competitively.
By fallen513
Glista mountain bikes on road bikes and shit. Flips and all that.
By upshitscreek
image.jpeg
image.jpeg (41.06 KiB) Viewed 1193 times
Twenty years ago.

Now all I remember is cactus quills and patching tubes.

And after all the hubbub of mtn biking in the West, I went back home to visit parents and bro in MD. I brought my bike and had probably more fun on the trails there though. No all day elevation gains. Quick ups, downs. Just stupid fun riding, easy or tough trails.

Mtn biking at night were some good times out on the Open Space trails, too. Full moon, easy trails, send rabbits running for their lives.

That was fun.
By brent_e
Pinkbike.com

I've found it to be a good resource for getting parts/bikes. lots of users so the prices are decent, and and easy buy/sell interface.

if you need bike stuff, start there. Is your son riding XC stuff???

Brent
By TX.
brent_e wrote:Pinkbike.com

I've found it to be a good resource for getting parts/bikes. lots of users so the prices are decent, and and easy buy/sell interface.

Brent
He's on my old downhill bike and totally digs it, the school district has a club and he rides every thursday with them.
By brent_e
TX. wrote:
brent_e wrote:Pinkbike.com

Brent
He's on my old downhill bike and totally digs it, the school district has a club and he rides every thursday with them.
DH.....jeez. that's expensive! Though they do seem to drop in price the most over a shorter time. nice that he's got people to get out with!

yur welcome to come borrow it maybe wet a line or […]

scott schimdt and n face steeptechs ski gears stil[…]

Thumbing Through Some SBSs

PT’s Rose Caddis (Potter variation) ht[…]

Friday Cheer Through Pics

Headin out for the weekend https://i.imgur.com/k[…]

Subscribe to The Drake Magazine