one of us

This forum is for general topics. Keep all posts, images, etc safe for those who read the forum at work. Post only that content that you'd want your mama to read. Violators will be banned.
augustwest

one of us

Post by augustwest » Thu Dec 01, 2016 12:41 pm

One of our lot has fallen on hard times due to a serious substance abuse problem. He will be a guest of the state for a few months, including the holiday season.

Ahead of Christmas we will send him some items that hopefully will, in the words of a fellow drakian, "remind him of something that once meant a lot to him." A few weeks ago I sent him some Drake back issues (yes, apparently there is a magazine) and in the process I learned that the rules are mind-bendingly strict regarding sending letters, books, magazines, etc. So I will figure out what else to send him and coordinate everything in the next couple of weeks.

If you want to make a small contribution you can send it to me via paypal, PM me for details. We can't send him a large volume of items, so the maximum I'm willing to accept is $20 per person. He's not going to know who contributed, all he'll know is that the miscreants of the Drake are pulling for him to beat his addiction, which only he can do.

I would appreciate it if we could refrain from commentary regarding the identity of the individual, helpful suggestions of what to send him, etc. Thanks.
"Enjoy every sandwich." -- W. Zevon

austrotard

Re: one of us

Post by austrotard » Thu Dec 01, 2016 8:05 pm

I've accidentally glued this shopping bag to my nose and now I have to go to hostible.

I'll do what I do best.
throw wonga at it. pm sent.
49% of americans assume I give a shit about what they think.

befuddled

Post by befuddled » Thu Dec 01, 2016 9:17 pm

You insensitive fuck.

He can never use that bag again now they've cut it off.
There are so many dildos out there, you''d think setting their phones to vibrate would come naturally. ---SUAF

greedy capitalist/liberal-elitist/gun-toting profit monger

We'll wake the dead motherfucker. Fuck you. ---- Fallen513

MaineDrifter

Post by MaineDrifter » Fri Dec 02, 2016 6:02 am

Fantastic news, you have mail.
"Lovingly massage your hog leg with olive oil, and then cover it with the spice mix." _Average Joe

austrotard

Post by austrotard » Fri Dec 02, 2016 6:36 am

one of us.
all of us.

fucking drake.
rock fucking solid drake.

all right.

jerms

Post by jerms » Fri Dec 02, 2016 10:02 am

PM forthcoming.

Good onya'.
Last edited by jerms on Fri Dec 02, 2016 11:40 am, edited 1 time in total.
A long long slow walk in the spartina gives you time to think big thoughts and put your mind back into order.

woolly bugger

Post by woolly bugger » Fri Dec 02, 2016 10:02 am

There but for the grace of Dog, go I
ex "I'm not going to live with you through one more fishing season!"
me "There's a season???"

"Go down to the creek. Cast a line over the bright water. Let every thought, emotion and feeling go. Wild water abides."

I wish there were more people here that put up the type of quality shit you do. Been feeshn' lately? - Ryan

vaku

Post by vaku » Fri Dec 02, 2016 7:49 pm

woolly bugger wrote:There but for the grace of Dog, go I
Goes all of us Woolly.... One wrong turn and who knows where we can end up. How many times did it turn out ok instead of awful? Any one who can't toss in $10 doesn't really get it.
"It is only the inexperienced and thoughtless who find pleasure in killing fish for the mere sake of killing them. No sportsman does this." - W.C. Prime, 1888

"if it floats, flys, or fucks, it's bound to be a pain in the ass..." - BigTimber

Streamer

Post by Streamer » Fri Dec 02, 2016 9:18 pm

Been there. Scary hard place. I'm in.
Yer Pal,
Streamer
"Because I was born in the South, I am a Southerner. If I had been born in the North, or the West, or the Central Plains, I would be just a human being." - Clyde Edgerton

Tragedy and comedy in fishing are practically synonomous.It depends on who is doing and who is looking.

Kfoxwyo

Post by Kfoxwyo » Fri Dec 02, 2016 10:41 pm

I am in, and with so under several identities. Good on ya and we all need help in this cruel cruel world.
Let your boat of life be light, packed with only what you need-a homely home and simple pleasures, one or two friends worth the name, someone to love and someone to love you, a cat, a dog and a pipe or two, enough to eat and enough to wear, and a little more than enough to drink; for thirst is a dangerous thing.
-Jerome K. Jerome, 1889

befuddled

Post by befuddled » Sat Dec 03, 2016 5:37 pm

Streamer wrote:Been there. Scary hard place. I'm in.
Yer Pal,
Streamer
May he have your success, sincerely. Your annual internet note to your imaginary friends are more inspirational than you will ever realize.
There are so many dildos out there, you''d think setting their phones to vibrate would come naturally. ---SUAF

greedy capitalist/liberal-elitist/gun-toting profit monger

We'll wake the dead motherfucker. Fuck you. ---- Fallen513

austrotard

Post by austrotard » Sun Dec 04, 2016 12:28 am

1200 of us.