Nice Hat

This forum is for general topics. Keep all posts, images, etc safe for those who read the forum at work. Post only that content that you'd want your mama to read. Violators will be banned.
Rusty Hook

Re: Nice Hat

Post by Rusty Hook » Sun Jan 14, 2007 10:51 pm

I was skeptical until you added "west of Buffalo.[/img]y main hat is a Filson waxed canvas with enough seasons to have lots of 'character'. Sometimes the dog tries to roll on it. The canvas is too hard to stick flies in, so I added a silk tie from the thrift store for a hat band. As an added bonus, it gets a shot of Absorbine Flys-X to keep the bugs away. During hunting season, I add an orange bandana to the mix.

<small>[ January 14, 2007, 11:10 PM: Message edited by: Rusty Hook ]</small>
The virtues are lost in self-interest as rivers are lost in the sea.
-- Franklin D. Roosevelt

woolly bugger

Post by woolly bugger » Sun Jan 14, 2007 10:52 pm

my [/img]oto hat" is an old VFS (Virtual Fly Shop) that we got at PFF* v.4 http://www.brfff.com/btwc/pff2000/index.php here's a shot of Jini Tunes Fisher with her hat and Croaker checking his new one out too. Shane's got one too. ImageThese 'red' hat are all well faded by the days on the stream, Croaker's is almost bleached white.My son won a green VFS hat in their monthly photo contest, it's almost new, but off limits to me...*This is the group that Shane use to belong to before [/img]t became too vanilla"

<small>[ January 15, 2007, 01:12 AM: Message edited by: woolly bugger ]</small>
Buy Mexico Returns

ex "I'm not going to live with you through one more fishing season!"
me "There's a season???"

I wish there were more people here that put up the type of quality shit you do. Been feeshn' lately? - Ryan

Ty Webb

Post by Ty Webb » Sun Jan 14, 2007 11:04 pm

helluva bump, I wear aold Hell's Bay boatworks
ballcap or anything ithe truck with a dark n underbrim..we lose a lot
of hats running in a skiff n so I rarely get something n broken in enough to fade a cool color..
Satellite of Love

Wingnut

Post by Wingnut » Sun Jan 14, 2007 11:16 pm

Several hats, many Baseball, some Fleece, Wicker Style Cowboy for really high and Hot Sun in July & August (keeps the top of my ears from getting crispy).
Where can I buy some wanderlust?

tarpon slime sunscreen

Post by tarpon slime sunscreen » Sun Jan 14, 2007 11:19 pm

Image n Hats are a superstition of mine.I have one of the last old style Denver Broncos hats. This is the 3rd one of these I've had, all from Mile High Stadium (has to be original). It's getting to look and smell like a spawned out rotting coho but I refuse to wash it. The oil and grease makes the rain slide right off and the salt comes in handy if I get cramps - I just suck on my hat for awhile.Not sure what I'll do when this one craps out. I know a guy who has one of these that is brand new so I might try to trade him out of for some shitty flies or something. Then again I might switch to this sweetheart. Any hat with a fish through it can't be bad luck.
''He seeks drama, a simplified understanding of an impossibly complex subject, and of course cheap laughs.'' D. Quammen

revolution.kirk

Post by revolution.kirk » Sun Jan 14, 2007 11:24 pm

aye, a columbia beige typical baseball style w/ the elastic band deal with super ventilation/ sweat releasing doodads.. well used to be beije untill it was soaked in deer blood, spat on, tossed in a sewage pond and then washed while simultaneously bailing out a boat. it works
"Make it? Make what? The team?...Make sense? Make money? Make time? Define your terms. The Latin for ''make'' is facere, which always reminds me of fuckere, which is Latin for ''to fuck'', and I have been getting jack shit in that department as of late."

capt_gordon

Post by capt_gordon » Sun Jan 14, 2007 11:47 pm

all of my hats are sweaty and stinky sfter one use, i am a sweaty bitch.
Look,it's not in my nature to be mysterious. But I can't talk about it and I can't talk about why.

Geezer

Post by Geezer » Mon Jan 15, 2007 12:43 am

Heres my old canvas grease trap. Love it, but you have to warm it up in the morning to soften it. Head grease coagulates and makes it stiff as a board. Image What I really want... Mr. Toad hat. Image
And thus I clothe my naked villainy With old odd ends, stol'n forth of holy writ And seem a saint, when most I play the devil.

For the record, I don't hate anyone here. I just think that some of you may have had your soft spot pushed on when you were infants. Heero

Rusty Hook

Post by Rusty Hook » Mon Jan 15, 2007 1:20 am

It's not pretty, but it keeps the sun from damaging any more of my brain, and the short brim is nice when the wind's blowing. Hasn't come off yet. Note the Italian silk hatband, perfect for drying flies. Image
The virtues are lost in self-interest as rivers are lost in the sea.
-- Franklin D. Roosevelt

epol

Post by epol » Mon Jan 15, 2007 3:15 am

A hat for every occasion. From left to right. Sunny and hot, cold, everyday (yes that's a clouser in the back, and yes it hurt)and the bababushki for fucking cold steelhead fishing.

<small>[ January 15, 2007, 03:21 AM: Message edited by: epol ]</small>
"BTW, I can cast a gnat''s ass through a screen door and catch two piggy trout at once" - BTn

woolly bugger

Post by woolly bugger » Mon Jan 15, 2007 3:47 am

and then one time on the way to the stream i realized that I had left my hat at home so we stopped in a gas station and i picked up this Labonte Camo rig, musta worked cause a had a great ]day on the stream... Image
Buy Mexico Returns

ex "I'm not going to live with you through one more fishing season!"
me "There's a season???"

I wish there were more people here that put up the type of quality shit you do. Been feeshn' lately? - Ryan

troutjedi

Post by troutjedi » Mon Jan 15, 2007 3:51 am

Originally posted by woolly bugger:n and then one time on the way to the stream i realized that I had left my hat at home so we stopped in a gas station and i picked up this Labonte Camo rig, musta worked cause a had a great ]day on the stream...
Nice hero pose...... What's that one called, "the John Holmes"?
I got a whole warehouse full of peas in my head.