Your Favorite Beer is?

This forum is for general topics. Keep all posts, images, etc safe for those who read the forum at work. Post only that content that you'd want your mama to read. Violators will be banned.
SageBrush

Your Favorite Beer is?

Post by SageBrush » Thu Apr 13, 2006 4:06 pm

In Canada, I drink Keiths (from Nova Scotia) or Sleemans from Ontario, or a number of small-batch Micro brewery beers. Some excellent choices find thier way to our "Beer Stores".n My current favorite is a beer from Scotland aged 40 days in Oak Casks called [/img]nnis and Gunn". Well worth the $3.15 Canadian a bottle. It's a beer for the tying table , not the stream.I have a few favorite U.S. beers when I am traveling down south. What are your favorites? I would be interested in sampling a few when I see them in the stores. Here are my U.S. picks, what are yours?n S.B.n (feel free to heap shit on me if we've done this here before, in fact...I fully expect to be heaped on just because I'm a Hoser eh.)
And.... Image
nemo wrote: Guys, guys, please. I just got an e-mail from Mr. Ormsby, and it seems he was a bit offended that you didn't take time to read his novel, not to mention that you made fun of his Canadianess.

Rip

Re: Your Favorite Beer is?

Post by Rip » Thu Apr 13, 2006 4:26 pm

I drink what ever's cheapest. Round here right now that Busch @ 12.99 per 30 pack.

coolconman

Post by coolconman » Thu Apr 13, 2006 4:42 pm

I like Pyramid Curveball when its available(it's a seasonal) and Drop Top. Mac and Jacks is pretty good too, but you can only get it up in the Seattle area as far as I know. There's also a pub here in PDX that serves a belgium beer called Chimay thats very good. Oh yeah, and my cheap beer of preference is PBR. :eek:
"Hey man, I''m not a tree hugger......but if I see one with titties, Ima hump da shit out of it."n ~dutch(effin new guy)

Bearmon

Post by Bearmon » Thu Apr 13, 2006 4:42 pm

Yuengling is great stuff, but with all of the demand quality has dropped some. Right now it's hit or miss with the product, but when it's hit it is good stuff. Try this stuff when if PA if you can find it Image But this one will kick some ass it's high alchohol content Image

<small>[ April 13, 2006, 04:43 PM: Message edited by: Bearmon ]</small>
" I''m the CEO of the mailroom clerks, good God Almighty I''m a piece of work"n J. Buffett

SageBrush

Post by SageBrush » Thu Apr 13, 2006 4:43 pm

Originally posted by Rip:n I drink what ever's cheapest. Round here right now that Busch @ 12.99 per 30 pack.
Don't make me cry.......n Regular Canadian beer is about $40.00 a case of 24.n about$10. a six pack.n Cans are more $$n Tax tax tax tax tax tax tax tax S.B.Hey Cool... We get Chimay here, Brewed in a Belgian Monastery by Monks I believe....good brew.

<small>[ April 13, 2006, 04:47 PM: Message edited by: SageBrush ]</small>
nemo wrote: Guys, guys, please. I just got an e-mail from Mr. Ormsby, and it seems he was a bit offended that you didn't take time to read his novel, not to mention that you made fun of his Canadianess.

Bearmon

Post by Bearmon » Thu Apr 13, 2006 4:44 pm

yeah but it takes 4 Busch to equal one Labatt's
" I''m the CEO of the mailroom clerks, good God Almighty I''m a piece of work"n J. Buffett

Nubbs

Post by Nubbs » Thu Apr 13, 2006 4:52 pm

Dude,
Rolling Rock = Piss.n Never could get used to the taste of that shit. My roommate in college however drank that piss exclusively.n These are my top 2 fav's.
Image n If moneys tight I'll throw back one of these.
Image Image Image Image
Fuck yes.

creeklover

Post by creeklover » Thu Apr 13, 2006 5:20 pm

If your're in a pinch moneywise, it's hard to beat these two... Image I like all the German and Holland brews. If going domestic I get:When I can
Image n Otherwise
"''nut, i''d resize but i''m far too busy catching the fuck outta steelhead" - b_t_fry

http://busterwantstofish.com/

Smithhammer

Post by Smithhammer » Thu Apr 13, 2006 5:30 pm

When I'm pretending I'm Canadian, I'll go for Cameron's Ale, or KLB Nut Brown.But Stateside, it really comes down to only two breweries - Rogue and Stone. Image Image
"I expect more from the man who gave us all boobies and pie..." - epon

Buster Wants to Fish

Mouthful of Feathers

coolconman

Post by coolconman » Thu Apr 13, 2006 6:08 pm

I don't usually drink Guinness straight up, you need a fork to do that. But a Black & Tan is like a little piece of heaven in a glass! :roll: Rogue has some tasty stuff smithy, and Redhook ain't bad either.
"Hey man, I''m not a tree hugger......but if I see one with titties, Ima hump da shit out of it."n ~dutch(effin new guy)

Brookwookie

Post by Brookwookie » Thu Apr 13, 2006 6:30 pm

<a href="http://www.smuttynose.com/">Smuttynose Old Brown Dog</a> is my favorite: ImageI also dig <a href="http://www.saranac.com/entry.cfm">Saranac Adirondack Amber</a>: Imageand <a href="http://www.cooperstownbrewing.com/beer.htm">Cooperstown Brewery's Old Slugger</a>: Imagen which is usually on tap in my favorite local watering hole. Except last time, when I found it replaced by:
Imagen to my delight and amazement. I also really enjoyed Moose Drool while out west, but that could have been the fish talking. It's a great time to love beer.p.s. SageBrush I'm afraid you've fallen for a cruel joke. Rolling Rock (aka Old Latrine) is not meant for human consumption. Sorry.

<small>[ April 13, 2006, 09:28 PM: Message edited by: Brookwookie ]</small>
The Most Recent Evolution Of Muthafusticus Modernusticus
Buster Wants To Fish

shutupandfish

Post by shutupandfish » Thu Apr 13, 2006 6:41 pm

:eek: :eek: :eek: Worst beer: The Silver Bullet by a long shot. It barely changes from the time the tab is pulled to when it's splashing down on a urinal cake...If anything the journey may improve the taste but I'll have to let bocephus vouch for that.
Annihilating all that''s made/To a green thought in a green shade. --Andrew Marvell