WTF happened to this place?

This forum is for general topics. Keep all posts, images, etc safe for those who read the forum at work. Post only that content that you'd want your mama to read. Violators will be banned.
Darth Wader

WTF happened to this place?

Post by Darth Wader » Mon Dec 26, 2016 6:30 pm

It's like driving by that house that you loved as a kid. Such good memories, the awesome tree fort in the back, the path to the creek, the place where you tricked the neighbor girl into kissing you...

then you see it and you're like-

WTF-I remember it being bigger.

Hey Ya'll. It's been a long time! Mostly cause my log in and password wouldn't work.

Still fishing, still tying. It's good to see some of you sorry bastards still around.

anyone wanna do a fly swap? I did some bitchin fly swaps.
You can soak your bread in gravy, and you can soak your bread in soup, but the car that you are driving doesn't really belong to you.

RFA

Re: WTF happened to this place?

Post by RFA » Mon Dec 26, 2016 7:16 pm

Dudes like Lando.

1. People who are decent fishermen, but lack the wit, humor and writing skills to contribute to a place like this in a meaningful way. They, in turn, use groupthink and "what this guy said, wasn't that cool when we got drunk together in 2014...fuck posuers!" to fit in, and the marrow of the board is slowly sucked out, like fucking cancer.

2. Threads that used to either be filled with incredible content (what are you tying), unmatched humor (local board pics), or just plain insight and levity because those who were accepted had a mutually destructive pact together. Now these same threads are filled with one sentence posts and hardly any new content. Even the "old guard" go days without posting.

3. The fact that the Rockies caught fire in regards to a destination for people to move to. Like it or not, this mag and editor were based here, and a lot of its members were part of that scene...before it was bought and sold, ultimately pricing and driving anyone out that wasn't willing to deal with the fact that the area is no longer what it was. This shit happens, but it has been put into hyperdrive since 2012.

4. Fucking Australians....goddamned criminals. Every one I meet has the same M.O. I wish I was joking, seriously. They are fucking descendants of hundreds of years of people who weren't fit for jail time in the British Empire. Someone decided that these people had to go, and boated them to an island out in the pacific. Now we're supposed to embrace them with open arms, like the whole fucking continent isn't full of murderers, children of murderers, and fucking truants?"

Why do I keep coming back? Because it was that good, and this isn't a swan song written by someone who flamed out. It's an honest assessment on how a place that was known across the globe got cut off at the knees by a certain type of member.

The Drake always had a bunch of people to hate, and I was near the top of that list. What kept it going was that it was every man for himself, a battle royale, not a couple gay fraternities with reunions every 6 months, like a bunch of dudes trying to relive high school football when they are in their 40's.
As it turns out, God? He was a squirrel. A big 'ol meaty one. "I found god, he used to say"

McH

Post by McH » Mon Dec 26, 2016 7:39 pm

Hey Darth!
:cool
you know what i am a strong fan of..... fishing and not being a douche bag. - alteredstates

For fucks sake, its just fishing...it ain't that cool. - Vito

Who the fuck comes home from fishing EARLY? A guy that whipped deserves to get cheated on.- yard4sale

fallen513

Post by fallen513 » Mon Dec 26, 2016 8:19 pm

Not enough cartoon dick pictures.
____________________________________________________________________________________
I love flyfishing so much I want it to die. -thalweg

Isn't it TIME?

austrotard

Post by austrotard » Mon Dec 26, 2016 8:32 pm

this one time in colorado lando pushed me into a rattlesnake.
so I nicked it.

cosplay.
cosplay fucked the drake, mate.
we'll always have buffalo, sweet josh.

-mtice

Heero[CntRmbrPwd]

Post by Heero[CntRmbrPwd] » Mon Dec 26, 2016 8:44 pm

Facebook happened, same as happened on most every other bulletin board thru the multiwebs.

Average Joe
Location: Where they rip out the trees and name streets after them.

Post by Average Joe » Mon Dec 26, 2016 9:00 pm

Heero[CntRmbrPwd] wrote:Facebook happened, same as happened on most every other bulletin board thru the multiwebs.
And since Heero and his pigeons had a hand in the Facebook phenomenon (or so I suspect), he too should share a good portion of the blame for the maladies of this shit hole. Along with Bush. And Obama. And Korean spammers. And the Brexit. And shrimp swaps that never fucking happen. And fucking baby showers.

Anyone who's been paying attention knows that this place has been on the road to ruin and damnation for years now.

K_P

Post by K_P » Mon Dec 26, 2016 9:08 pm

RFA wrote:Dudes like Lando.

1. People who are decent fishermen, but lack the wit, humor and writing skills to contribute to a place like this in a meaningful way. [snip snip]

2. Threads that used to be [snip snip]

3. The fact that the Rockies caught fire in regards to a destination for people to move to. [snip snip]

4. Fucking Australians....goddamned criminals. [snip snip]

Why do I keep coming back? Because it was that good, and this isn't a swan song written by someone who flamed out. It's an honest assessment on how a place that was known across the globe got cut off at the knees by a certain type of member.
You can't possibly be serious, are you? This is either the best satire I've ever read, or the sputterings of a terminally-delusional, critically misguided, self-appointed social scientist.

I generally don't go head hunting for trolls, but I just couldn't help myself on this post.

McH

Post by McH » Mon Dec 26, 2016 9:16 pm

Heero[CntRmbrPwd] wrote:Facebook happened, same as happened on most every other bulletin board thru the multiwebs.
I thought FB was for old people, not FFishing skinny wader wearing hipster types like ourselves.
at least that's what my kids tell me
you know what i am a strong fan of..... fishing and not being a douche bag. - alteredstates

For fucks sake, its just fishing...it ain't that cool. - Vito

Who the fuck comes home from fishing EARLY? A guy that whipped deserves to get cheated on.- yard4sale

Heero[CntRmbrPwd]

Post by Heero[CntRmbrPwd] » Mon Dec 26, 2016 9:54 pm

I gave the pigeons away, Joe. A friend person who sometimes associates with me took the loft and all the pigeons. I don't think he is flying them yet as they have to rehome at his location which may take til they start breeding again in spring (and they may never rehome and just fly back to me as they are pretty good bloodlines).

austrotard

Post by austrotard » Mon Dec 26, 2016 10:09 pm

kevin fucked the rustbake.
rick cannae find a fish in oregon.

yard says killer too much.
jose cannae make coffee for shit.

mcguinness was after the cc and I for years. and sure as twat they crucified the wrong fella to his living room floor.

there's a myriad of reasons why this place happens.
all of them orange.
we'll always have buffalo, sweet josh.

-mtice

Spudnik

Post by Spudnik » Mon Dec 26, 2016 11:51 pm

Over saturated.

Not the board, but life in general.

I used to love seeing pictures of fish and places that I'd never seen before, but now you can see that shit everywhere.

just my worthless two cents.
"Do you think it is real? I bet it is hard and soft, like hard muscle but really smooth skin. I bet it is real nice." - midstream