En Zed 2017... ongoing TR (update on pg 4)

This forum is for general topics. Keep all posts, images, etc safe for those who read the forum at work. Post only that content that you'd want your mama to read. Violators will be banned.
flatscaster

Re: En Zed 2017... ongoing TR

Post by flatscaster » Wed Feb 22, 2017 6:13 pm

Invite them to Charleston.
I feel like i been stuck at awesome; for a long time.
-Cap'n MM RN

jerms

Post by jerms » Thu Mar 09, 2017 10:37 pm

flatscaster wrote:Invite them to Charleston.

We may just have a steady stream of Lowcountry visitors this year. Get ready.
A long long slow walk in the spartina gives you time to think big thoughts and put your mind back into order.

jerms

Post by jerms » Thu Mar 09, 2017 11:37 pm

Solo half day. A new section of a river I've fished numerous times before.

After a long walk I got into the gorge and it's just absolutely pristine water, the type where you can't believe there isn't a fish in each gorgeous pool, each perfect run. I only saw two fish, and one was enormous. He was sitting deep in the tail of the pool, chin on a white rock. I saw him swing a few times, then set up and put numerous flies over him until he just sulked off for no apparent reason. Absolutely heartbreaking...

I continued up for quite a ways, stopped and made a meal, then headed back only to run into a guy who had been unknowingly fishing behind me. We walked out together and decided to fish a short piece below where we had started while there was still enough light left in the day.

(just snagged while covering a fishy looking smudge right against the undercut bank)

Setting up behind a good fish we found. I'm up on a really high bank, lying down on the edge and directing the casts as there is no way to see this fish without some significant elevation.

We found one more fish in this run, sitting less than a foot from the bank. I put a pretty good cast over him and he just detonated the vest when the fly came down to his nose. These damned things can be difficult to figure out, or maybe they're just plain moody.

At least there were some pretty Kiwi girls to look at on the way home...

A long long slow walk in the spartina gives you time to think big thoughts and put your mind back into order.