Luau 2017

This forum is for general topics. Keep all posts, images, etc safe for those who read the forum at work. Post only that content that you'd want your mama to read. Violators will be banned.
Hogleg

Re: Luau 2017

Post by Hogleg » Tue May 23, 2017 6:50 pm

Average Joe wrote:
Tue May 23, 2017 5:39 pm
Lando mentioned the idea of hiring a BBQ truck for one night if everyone was up for that.

He'd probably want a rough idea of how many people are planning to attend before moving ahead with something like that.

You could pick up the cost for that if you'd like Heero. It would save you from having to do any shopping.

BBQ or Lumpia Truck? I know a guy.
"girls with eating disorders will usually let you come in there in butt." -Jhnnythndr
"...my grandmother’s Tang always tasted like rusty water and dirty socks." - Average Joe
"with some limited exceptions steelhead live where the lady selection is sparce." - MTG

Average Joe
Location: Where they rip out the trees and name streets after them.

Post by Average Joe » Tue May 23, 2017 6:56 pm

In that case we'll put Heero in charge of bringing and setting up the octagon, should Blumpkin and RFA decide to show.

octagon.jpg
octagon.jpg (127.39 KiB) Viewed 564 times

Heero[CntRmbrPwd]

Post by Heero[CntRmbrPwd] » Tue May 23, 2017 8:24 pm

I can bring over my smoker and I can smoke a few pork shoulders. If I come, that is.

Average Joe

Post by Average Joe » Tue May 23, 2017 9:11 pm

That's not quite the same as an octagon - not even close really - but this is Lando's shindig, and if he's OK with that, then who am I to say otherwise. Regardless, you're still be on the hook for bringing plastic sporks and red solo cups.

I'll make guacamole and pico de gallo, and perhaps something else.

I'll also bring beer and bourbon.

And plastic leis.

Hogleg

Post by Hogleg » Tue May 23, 2017 9:12 pm

Heero[CntRmbrPwd] wrote:
Tue May 23, 2017 8:24 pm
I can bring over my smoker and I can smoke a few pork shoulders. If I come, that is.
Whaddya say we smoke some chickens with it instead? You know, in case any attendees abstain from eating pork due to religious reasons?
"girls with eating disorders will usually let you come in there in butt." -Jhnnythndr
"...my grandmother’s Tang always tasted like rusty water and dirty socks." - Average Joe
"with some limited exceptions steelhead live where the lady selection is sparce." - MTG

Average Joe

Post by Average Joe » Tue May 23, 2017 9:40 pm

I vote we do both.

There were more than a few people who thought Pastor Ben might smoke up some yard birds at the 2015 luau, and those individuals were sorely disappointed when it didn't happen.

Hogleg

Post by Hogleg » Tue May 23, 2017 9:47 pm

Average Joe wrote:
Tue May 23, 2017 9:40 pm
I vote we do both.

There were more than a few people who thought Pastor Ben might smoke up some yard birds at the 2015 luau, and those individuals were sorely disappointed when it didn't happen.
The fundamental problem with smoking meats at a bake is the extensive time required at camp tending to it while there is fishings to be done.

Joe, do you know anyone who would be willing to hang at camp all day and just drink and tend to the meat smoking while the others are off having fun and fishing? Someone who really doesn't have any fucks to give about the fishings?

Average Joe

Post by Average Joe » Tue May 23, 2017 9:52 pm

Why yes.

Now that you mention it, yes I do.

Hogleg

Post by Hogleg » Tue May 23, 2017 9:59 pm

Average Joe wrote:
Tue May 23, 2017 9:52 pm
Why yes.

Well enlist him poste haste then. I'm sure we can supply this misdirected individual with the requisite meats, marinades, dry rubs and hardwoods that he will need for such an endeavor. This, of course, all hinges on Heero showing up with his smoker.

Heero[CntRmbrPwd]

Post by Heero[CntRmbrPwd] » Tue May 23, 2017 10:57 pm

I probably wont fish.

PastorBen

Post by PastorBen » Tue May 23, 2017 11:50 pm

Average Joe wrote:
Tue May 23, 2017 9:40 pm
hey there

My most humble apologies for disappointing back in 2015....I will endeavor to do better this year..the tough part is I will be on the road for a few weeks before the Luau and will be on the return trip home when I stop in Cody...and can't guarantee the freshness of anything smoked...but if my travel plans change I will make sure to have the smoker running up till the time I head for Cody....

Grace and peace

Ben
Forgive me my nonsense, as I also forgive the nonsense of those that think they talk sense.

~ Robert Frost ~

ironman

Post by ironman » Wed May 24, 2017 7:44 am

Average Joe wrote:
Tue May 23, 2017 9:52 pm
Why yes.

do tell!
"if you don't understand the perfect logic of this, then you may as well fuck right off Teh Suk" - Fatman

"I took a Japanese whaling approach to panfishing as a kid." - Boomin