This forum is for general topics. Keep all posts, images, etc safe for those who read the forum at work. Post only that content that you'd want your mama to read. Violators will be banned.
By K_P
Hogleg wrote: Sat Jun 10, 2017 11:11 pm As long as KP doesn't throw out the pretentious "We'll be traveling in the south of France." we're all good.
Nah--my pretense tends to lean in other directions. Like "I shot a 170 class mulie last year" when in fact I've never even measured the antlers. So, I'm a dick like THAT, not like, "I simply adore a good Camembert, don't you?

Mrs. KP got us screaming deals on the airline tickets, so we added four days in Paris to our 14 day tour of Italy.

Oh.
Yes.
I.
Did.

We're going to look at artwork. A fucking LOT of artwork.

I'm just there for the groceries. I'm told they're pretty good in the kitchen over there.

Ta ta for now, mes amis! I look forward to sitting around a campfire and telling good fart stories next summer.

KP
By B.M. Barrelcooker
K_P wrote: Sat Jun 10, 2017 9:46 pm
Average Joe wrote: Sat Jun 10, 2017 10:46 am Just booked my flight.

I'm flying into Cody Thursday night (July 20) at 11:30 PM.

Looking forward to seeing everyone except Hogleg.
That's about the time Mrs. KP and I will be landing in Paris.

I think.

The whole time zone and conversion to Euros has me really confused.

Sorry Joe, you're stuck with Heero. Good luck with that.

Just think of the euro as a big dollar on little paper.

Pay in seppo whenever you can. I've found that they have a similar perplexition with the conversion. This may lead to some significant discount with taxis , corisants and trinket miniature Iefel towers.

€5.00
By Ajax
K_P wrote: Sat Jun 10, 2017 9:46 pm That's about the time Mrs. KP and I will be landing in Paris.

I think.

I know you don't fly frequently, so here's some advice that's solid... Pack your pistol; you might want to plug one of those fuckin' frogs. Stick it right into the waistband of your cargo shorts. Those TSA slugs likely won't find it. And if they do, tell them to go fuck themselves and waltz right on thru. I do it all the time. Have fun!
By Hogleg
Ajax wrote: Sun Jun 11, 2017 3:48 pm
K_P wrote: Sat Jun 10, 2017 9:46 pm That's about the time Mrs. KP and I will be landing in Paris.

I think.

I know you don't fly frequently, so here's some advice that's solid... Pack your pistol; you might want to plug one of those fuckin' frogs. Stick it right into the waistband of your cargo shorts. Those TSA slugs likely won't find it. And if they do, tell them to go fuck themselves and waltz right on thru. I do it all the time. Have fun!
I second that recommendation.
By Average Joe
K_P: Should you decide to follow this rather questionable advice, about all I can promise is that you'll be the first bona fide member of this board to make this thread.

viewtopic.php?f=1&t=23441

Heero[CntRmbrPwd] wrote: Sat Jun 10, 2017 10:51 pm Ill bring a nice cheese selection to welcome you.

I like cheese. I know you like cheese. We can enjoy cheese while make our way to camp (unless its raining in which case youre on your own).

But seriously, cheese is the best.
I do like cheese, and that's a very kind offer, but do you know what's even better than cheese after flying Economy on a US airline?

Booze.

Bring some of that as well if you don't mind.

Unless of course it's raining.
By K_P
I'm not really one hundred percent sure, but I think you bastards might just hate me.

Especially that Ajax asshole, which is weird, since I basically facilitated the finest day of dry fly fishing that retrad has ever experienced.

Just for that, you can have Heero in camp this year. Unless of course it rains.
By Heero[CntRmbrPwd]
I will bring some wine, Joe. Since KP will be in France we will drink Cote Du Rhone's so we can feel like we are right there with him. Thats what I mostly drink, anyway, because they are inexpensive and usually pretty good.
By K_P
Heero[CntRmbrPwd] wrote: Sun Jun 11, 2017 9:07 pm I will bring some wine, Joe. Since KP will be in France we will drink Cote Du Rhone's so we can feel like we are right there with him. Thats what I mostly drink, anyway, because they are inexpensive and usually pretty good.
Pretentious bastard.

Next thing you know, you'll start acting like you actually live in the Rockies.

Now that we've exchanged pleasantries, will you be wending your way northwesterly sometime this season? That is, of course, except for the dates that I'll be traveling abroad...

There's this nice little run on an unnamed local creek that holds some big toothy critters that I suspect you'd like...
By Hogleg
I've spent a fair piece of time with Joe over the last few years and I don't think he means wine when he says booze.

Joe is not gay in other words if that helps.
By K_P
Hogleg wrote: Sun Jun 11, 2017 9:14 pm Joe is not gay in other words if that helps.
Reading between the lines, Heero's married.

To a woman.

Who, from what I can glean, is neither blind nor cognitively impaired.

However, the world has gone mad, and I no longer trust appearances.
By Average Joe
Heero: Cote Du Rhone is an excellent choice.

Are you planning to bring stemware, or are we just going to guzzle it out of the bottle?

If the latter, then a paper bag and a flask of brandy (to fortify the wine) would be in order.

Unlike Mitch I'm not a Riedel snob, so I'll defer to your better judgement.

Unless of course it's raining.

K_P: Sometimes the people you consider to be friends are not what they appear: something to think about while you're whiling away the hours in the custody of the TSA instead of on the Avenue des Champs-Elysées.
By K_P
Average Joe wrote: Sun Jun 11, 2017 9:33 pm K_P: Sometimes the people you consider to be friends are not what they appear: something to think about while you're whiling away the hours in the custody of the TSA instead of on the Avenue des Champs-Elysées.
Thanks for the insight. I was debating whether to bring the compact model with the integral laser or the full size with the 15 round magazine. Either, I suspect, would garner a great deal of attention from those friend TSA folks.

Relates: Heero has fired the full sizer. From my boat. Floating down the river. At apparently nothing at all. Struth.
Thumbing Through Some SBSs

Opal Cormorant https://live.staticflickr.com[…]

whatcha tying?

FB917E50-ED40-4B9D-A745-E311F5950DB1.jpeg

Friday Cheer Through Pics

Damn. Welcome back

Rock curry

Beautiful. [/kisses fingers]

Subscribe to The Drake Magazine