what is your fish?

This forum is for general topics. Keep all posts, images, etc safe for those who read the forum at work. Post only that content that you'd want your mama to read. Violators will be banned.
tom

what is your fish?

Post by tom » Tue Dec 06, 2005 1:36 pm

Is there any fish that gets your blood pumping, that youd rather fish for than anything else?For me, it is small native brookies in jumpable small streams. I won't get into "speckled gems" or "wild beauties" but I love them. Manage to sneak up on them and it almost doesn't even matter what sort of big bushy dry your using. I had a real good day on a #8 brown gurgler.
I'm so old I remember when women had ear rings and men had tattoos~Lefty Kreh

bigtj

Re: what is your fish?

Post by bigtj » Tue Dec 06, 2005 1:42 pm

Steelhead. Nothing like having 10 lbs. of chrome-bright, sea-run rainbow trout smashing your fly and making you feel abused as it kicks your ass.-John

Smithhammer

Post by Smithhammer » Tue Dec 06, 2005 1:42 pm

The one that really gets my blood pumping is, without a doubt, STEELHEAD. But I've got a real soft spot for native goldens, high up in the Sierras on hike-in creeks with a little 3wt.
:(
"I expect more from the man who gave us all boobies and pie..." - epon

Buster Wants to Fish

Mouthful of Feathers

Dave R.

Post by Dave R. » Tue Dec 06, 2005 1:48 pm

For me it has to be smallmouth bass. With bluegills a very close second.

muddler

Post by muddler » Tue Dec 06, 2005 1:49 pm

cant beat sight casting to redfish, at least for mepoissons rouge!

Flats Dude

Post by Flats Dude » Tue Dec 06, 2005 1:57 pm

Redfish and snook...without a doubt!

coolconman

Post by coolconman » Tue Dec 06, 2005 2:09 pm

I love golden trout and grayling on the 3 wt. I also get a little dreamy about big ole montana cutthroats. :cool: But I plan on starting my steelhead habit pretty soon since i'm living in oregon these days and everyone tells me that after quite some time of cursing them and not catching anything but cold, dumb luck will persevere and I will catch my first one and will immediately come down with a severe case of steelheadatosis. I can't wait!

<small>[ December 06, 2005, 02:14 PM: Message edited by: coolconman ]</small>
"Hey man, I''m not a tree hugger......but if I see one with titties, Ima hump da shit out of it."n ~dutch(effin new guy)

FliesOnly

Post by FliesOnly » Tue Dec 06, 2005 2:24 pm

Steelhead numero uno. Nothing like it....I also have strong feelings for brookies in very small streams and carnivorous brownies at night though.......
"yeah go and catch that big one over there, while i twist up another hooter. don''t fuck around too long though lunch is in 15 minutes and then it''s nap time."n ~Ginseng Sullivan "Guiding the private water"

BigTimber

Post by BigTimber » Tue Dec 06, 2005 2:32 pm

Bullheads. From my Minnesota days. I never will forget watching my Grandmother catching them on her Popeil Pocket Fisher and them smashing them over the head with a rock. Ahhhhh, memories. n These days I'm lusting after the 20" Largemouth lurking in my pond. I saw him leap out of the water at a bluegill I had on. I was so surprised that the poor little bluegill went flying 30 ft behind me. In a couple of weeks (if the blizzard leaves Montana) it'll be the wild browns and rainbows on DePuy's.n Ben
This place has enough jiggly milkbags, marsupials fisting off, and animated cherubs getting stabbed in the fuck to get anyone shitcanned, if''n their boss can''t take a joke. ~SUAF

Pussy, much like freedom, ain't free.

America has become a dildo that has turned berserkly on its owner. ~McGuane 1971

Brookwookie

Post by Brookwookie » Tue Dec 06, 2005 2:33 pm

Originally posted by flyfish1159:n In a couple of weeks (if the blizzard leaves Montana) it'll be the wild browns and rainbows on DePuy's.
My new favorite fish is I hate you, Ben.
The Most Recent Evolution Of Muthafusticus Modernusticus
Buster Wants To Fish

BigTimber

Post by BigTimber » Tue Dec 06, 2005 2:36 pm

Dave,It's not my fault I've gotta go see the in-laws for Christmas. Oh wait. Yeah it is. That's one of the main reasons I married her.n Ben
This place has enough jiggly milkbags, marsupials fisting off, and animated cherubs getting stabbed in the fuck to get anyone shitcanned, if''n their boss can''t take a joke. ~SUAF

Pussy, much like freedom, ain't free.

America has become a dildo that has turned berserkly on its owner. ~McGuane 1971

bigtj

Post by bigtj » Tue Dec 06, 2005 2:39 pm

coolconman,Where are you in Oregon? The steelhead bug has me by the short hairs, I just bought a drift boat and am targeting a number of rivers in the southern half of Oregon. Can't wait for the winter run to show up on the Rogue. Be careful it's a long, slippery slope you're about to step on!-John