what is your fish?

This forum is for general topics. Keep all posts, images, etc safe for those who read the forum at work. Post only that content that you'd want your mama to read. Violators will be banned.
Brookwookie

Re: what is your fish?

Post by Brookwookie » Tue Dec 06, 2005 2:49 pm

As much as I like brookies, it's browns for me. I doubt that I'll ever figure them out. The bastards.
The Most Recent Evolution Of Muthafusticus Modernusticus
Buster Wants To Fish

WT

Post by WT » Tue Dec 06, 2005 2:50 pm

I think that I get more stoked about hatches/runs/spawns and what time of year it is. n For instance if its early spring I get jacked about the skwala hatch. Mid may the smallies are on their nests, Aug/Sept of odd years the pinks are running, so on and what not. I like the idea that, around here the fishing is good all year long. n WT

tim_s

Post by tim_s » Tue Dec 06, 2005 2:59 pm

browns....especially big, after dark ones that you struggle to get a decent photo of.....kind of like this one
Image although stripers are starting to grow on me.....and there's something about a backwater somehwere, mid july, evening, peepers, a cigar and a largemouth exploding on a deer hair popper.....
Fly Fishing in Maine - http://flyfishinginmaine.com/

Jon

Post by Jon » Tue Dec 06, 2005 3:14 pm

Steelhead. Trout, especially on dries, are a pleasant diversion, and smallmouth bass are fun too. But if we had a viable summer run here in the Eastern Great Lakes, I'd probably never fish for anything else but steelhead.
"unsalvageably incoherent"

Kat

Post by Kat » Tue Dec 06, 2005 3:24 pm

Give me bright chrome steel, nothing like it. If you haven't tried it be very careful, everything else you fish for will be compared to it and nothing comes even close!

Brookwookie

Post by Brookwookie » Tue Dec 06, 2005 3:33 pm

Originally posted by Jon:n if we had a viable summer run here in the Eastern Great Lakes, I'd probably never fish for anything else but steelhead.
There are skamania in the Salmon River. Are they not viable? I don't know much about them.
Buster Wants To Fish

Caddisman

Post by Caddisman » Tue Dec 06, 2005 3:54 pm

Sea-run cutthroat.Bill

Nemo

Post by Nemo » Tue Dec 06, 2005 6:49 pm

5) golf course goldfishn 4) Sturgeonn 3) Razorback Chubn 2) Rocky Mountain Whitefishn 1) Bullheads Baby!
"Any mods on this forum or what? It's just a free for all of people being assholes to one another?"

Jed

Post by Jed » Tue Dec 06, 2005 6:56 pm

Its like asking which woman that I've made love to was the best. There was the wild one, the one with all that strength and vigor that didn't quit, the one that was so beautiful I was almost afraid to touch her, and then the love of my life...Same is true with fish. But I must admit having a soft spot for the Brookie. When I bring one in and look at ther beauty, the grace and especially the fall colors there is nothing more beautiful on earth. If I could only catch one kind of fish I would be very sad and miss the strength of the striper, the tenaciousness of the blue or the majesty of the salmon but in the end, I'd go away contented with my friend the Brookies.jed

Brookwookie

Post by Brookwookie » Tue Dec 06, 2005 7:00 pm

Buster Wants To Fish

bigtj

Post by bigtj » Tue Dec 06, 2005 7:02 pm

Nemo,Lay down the crackpipe and step away from the computer!Seriously, those are some funny choices, although I prefer the LA river goldfish to the golf course strai
:( .-John

WT

Post by WT » Tue Dec 06, 2005 8:01 pm

Originally posted by Dave L:n Image
I love the way those things attack a deer hair popper!n WT