what is your fish?

This forum is for general topics. Keep all posts, images, etc safe for those who read the forum at work. Post only that content that you'd want your mama to read. Violators will be banned.
flyfisheraa573

Re: what is your fish?

Post by flyfisheraa573 » Wed Dec 07, 2005 1:36 pm

yup...
"Sweet Jesus. I'd rather be caught hammering my jojo in the confessional." - Ajax

FliesOnly

Post by FliesOnly » Wed Dec 07, 2005 1:54 pm

:) :( :o :D ;) :p :confused: n yup
"yeah go and catch that big one over there, while i twist up another hooter. don''t fuck around too long though lunch is in 15 minutes and then it''s nap time."n ~Ginseng Sullivan "Guiding the private water"

Nemo

Post by Nemo » Wed Dec 07, 2005 4:31 pm

whoever Chromer is, this list is awesome:OK, here's my top ten..n 1) Coastal nickel bright natives with a splash of sea lice please.n 2) roosters of the surf, on a baja surfing tripn 3) Do-Do's under kelp (dolphin, dorado, mahi, you know, the saltwater rainbow)n 4) Silver Creek browns chowing mice patterns under a full moon (ahh, how romantic)n 5) oregon bankside-redsidesn 6) the freckle-faced spotted bay bass of Newport Bayn 7) Bahama Bonezn 8) El Dorado Golf Course bucketmouths in the LBCn 9) My backyard Carpiesn 10) long spey casts to B run topwater steel on the It reminds me of that moment in the movie "Rounders," when Ed Norton says to Matt Damon: "You know what puts me in a good mood when I'm down? Kings rolled up over aces, taking big fat pots off of stupid tourists" (Or something like that.) Anyway, that's just a goddamn great list. (But the "rare shoal bass carcass" had me cryin')
"Any mods on this forum or what? It's just a free for all of people being assholes to one another?"

cfisher

Post by cfisher » Wed Dec 07, 2005 5:45 pm

1.) Lake Superior Coasters: Big, native, anadromous brookies...yeeahh!2.) Wild, Lake Superior Steelhead, although they aren't native may be at odds with coasters...3.) Westslope cutts in the various Wilderness areas of western MT rising to, well shit, it doesn't really matter what you throw so lets make it July and toss a yellow stimulator.4.) Boundary Waters smallmouths, poppers, June, lots of DEET!5.) Bull Trout, just knowing they live where you fish makes every 8" cutt flopping on the surface an opportunity to see what it means to be at top of the food chain... 6.) Bluegills, first ice, mousies, and a well-seasoned fry pan waiting on the stove.7.) Grayling rising off weddbeds in the July evening in this little lake up "near" Hungry Horse, MT8.) Big Lake on the Bois Brule, late Aug., Lake Superior run browns, mouse patterns9.) ANY wild, native salmon! 10.) Northern Pike, big teeth, big fish, big flies, big slime, big fun
I fish because I love to...and, finally, not because I regard fishing as being so terribly important but because I suspect that so many of the concerns of men are equally unimportant - and not nearly so much fun. ~ Robert Traver, aka John Voelker

slenon

Post by slenon » Wed Dec 07, 2005 8:34 pm

WILD rainbow trout in a small stream
Lenon Troutski
RVN ''68-69 When the dawn came up like thunder

coolconman

Post by coolconman » Wed Dec 07, 2005 9:30 pm

Originally posted by stimmy:n 1.) Lake Superior Coasters: Big, native, anadromous brookies...yeeahh!
I've had a hard on for coaster brookies since I saw pictures of them in one of those other vile worthless rags. Fishing for those babies is my second priority, right after sea-run browns and peacock bass in argentina. That "Rare Shoal Bass Carcass" is fucking awesome though.Oh and bigtj, I'm up in portland. A little ways from the rogue but not nearly far enough(or close enough). I fished the salmon fly hatch on the Holy Water stretch last summer with a friend that used to live in Medford.
"Hey man, I''m not a tree hugger......but if I see one with titties, Ima hump da shit out of it."n ~dutch(effin new guy)

Tricky

Post by Tricky » Wed Dec 07, 2005 10:02 pm

huh....that pic just doesn't so em much justice...they are at least three times that big!The only thing they usually spit is the bones of smart asses who fish for cuddly cute little trout :cheer: Creeklover, where you tanglin with redeyes at?

Deerhawk

Post by Deerhawk » Wed Dec 07, 2005 11:29 pm

Hammer, dat's one UGLY Some'Bitch! Why I heardtell they lurk'n the shaller's feedin on stray pets 'n youngin's!n That's the Devil's work it is :p
Take a powder shithead... this is MY spot!
Proud Member of the Hook and Bullet Generation

creeklover

Post by creeklover » Wed Dec 07, 2005 11:38 pm

Tricky,I live in the Auburn-Opelika metroplex. :( I fish the Flint(Ga) a couple times a year for Shoalies. I love that river.
"''nut, i''d resize but i''m far too busy catching the fuck outta steelhead" - b_t_fry

http://busterwantstofish.com/

satan

Post by satan » Thu Dec 08, 2005 12:46 pm

Originally posted by Deerhawk:n That's the Devil's work it is :p
Well if I remember correctly I think it happened the night me and the big G(that's what I call him down here) were smoking a joint (c'mon, you think he would have created the shit if he wasn't planning on using it occasionally?) and started talking about crazy stuff we'd done. Well big G started bragging about all the confusion he'd created with that duckbilled platypuss thingamajig. So I was like, "Shit man, you think that's crazy, how bout this. We'll take a fish, give it some big ass teeth, and the head of horse." I think it was about an hour later I dared G to actually create the thing. At first he was like "No way man, i've got a rep to protect." So I double dared him, and he still turned me down, but I could tell he was starting to cave so I brought out the big guns. [/img] Double-DOG dare you man!" Well God was just sitting there stunned. He knew he couldn't turn down the mother of all dares, there was nothing left to do but build the damn thing. So to make a long story short, he created it, let it loose, and then we went to taco bell. :cool:

Adams

Post by Adams » Thu Dec 08, 2005 1:11 pm

Originally posted by stimmy:n 1.) Lake Superior Coasters: Big, native, anadromous brookies...yeeahh!8.) Big Lake on the Bois Brule, late Aug., Lake Superior run browns, mouse patterns
SSHHH. The Coasters are all gone and the carry into Big Lake is posted. No sense wasting your time here folks. Just move along. . .Adams
If you need a reason to drink, you have a problem. . .

"I just think it's funny that the one constant in this place over the past five years is that it was a cool place right up until the next person joined." nemo

When life gives you limes, it's Gods way of telling you that you're an idiot. spudnik

banknote

Post by banknote » Thu Dec 08, 2005 7:34 pm

Summer steelhead saved my fishing soul. Anything that peels line off at alarming speed from a warm, sandy beach comes in a close second (crevalle jacks come to mind. Or toro, urel, etc, if you prefer.)And Deschutes redsides never cease to amaze me with their spirit and brute strength.n Nice to find a bunch of flyfishers out there who don't take themselves too damn seriously. You'll likely be seeing me here some more, so I guess this would be my official howdy. Howdy, folks. See ya around.
Dude, roller.