So you want to own a flyshop?

This forum is for general topics. Keep all posts, images, etc safe for those who read the forum at work. Post only that content that you'd want your mama to read. Violators will be banned.
Woolybug25

Re: So you want to own a flyshop?

Post by Woolybug25 » Sat Feb 04, 2017 9:05 am

Ginseng Sullivan wrote:Yes Michael, it's all my fault and you were right like always.
Well well well.... it seems to be that we finally reached some common ground. :cool
"All mountain hippies are as young as they day they were born, smarter than Einstein, better looking than Tom Selleck and could outfish an army of pinners." - foureyedgeek

www.hiptothesip.blogspot.com

The_Fuk

Post by The_Fuk » Sat Feb 04, 2017 9:34 am

Rich, tough luck about the NGO position; you would have done well. We are hoping this story has a positive ending with you being in the right place at the right time to succeed for years to come.

Teh_Fuk
Guy's been here an hour and he's already bustin on the cracked cunt.... I like him.

Spudnik

Post by Spudnik » Sat Feb 04, 2017 9:55 am

Soliticing advice from root wad would appear to be a prudent idea.
"Do you think it is real? I bet it is hard and soft, like hard muscle but really smooth skin. I bet it is real nice." - midstream

Sugarbush

Post by Sugarbush » Wed Feb 08, 2017 8:53 am

Scores of posters replied with their experience in the industry to provide Rich with perspective. I did the same in about half the space as some of them.
Scores equals exactly two that mentioned having "experience" selling in a fly shop before you posted. The fact that you think selling a few flies on the interwebs is the same as running a shop is only more of an indication of your delusional ego.

You are blinded by ego, so it is common to elevate your own opinion.

Just know none of us even give a micro turd what you think.
There's mud in my drawers.

Nemeth

Post by Nemeth » Wed Feb 08, 2017 9:25 am

C'mon back up to PA Richie, I'll float you down the Little J during the Sulphurs. Sulphurs on the J is always a good time.
"They'd tow their canoe up to the top of the island and the more it wobbled, the better endowed their firstborn son would be... Old river people tradition." - D-Nymph

thriesta

Post by thriesta » Thu Feb 09, 2017 10:13 pm

What a shock, the thread went south due to WB25's "financial advise."

WB25 works for a depository bank, which receives very limited oversight from the government.

Simple terms, any idiot could seat his job, there's no federal licensing system.

If WB25 had any brains or salesmanship, he'd be working as an originator.

Spudnik

Post by Spudnik » Thu Feb 09, 2017 11:06 pm

Jesus Christ who sold flies on the internet?

Cause if someone thought that was a good idea, that person would be the last person in the universe that I would take financial advice from. Someone should tell his employer.

And Mike Allen come on man. Nobody here knows bakers, will admit to knowing about baking, or comes here looking for baking advice. (I misspelled it at first and thought it was funny)
"Do you think it is real? I bet it is hard and soft, like hard muscle but really smooth skin. I bet it is real nice." - midstream

Trucha Del Mar

Post by Trucha Del Mar » Fri Feb 10, 2017 12:06 am

thriesta wrote:WB25 works for a depository bank, which receives very limited oversight from the government.
I guess that's debatable.

https://www.occ.treas.gov/about/what-we ... about.html
thriesta wrote:Simple terms, any idiot could seat his job, there's no federal licensing system.
That's true, but federal securities licensing has never been a reliable screen for idiots. Plenty of dipshits have passed these tests, myself included. If I could pass, it's no high honor.
thriesta wrote:If WB25 had any brains or salesmanship, he'd be working as an originator.
Actually, I hear pizza is where it's at. That, or capital markets. Who can distinguish?
Goin' back to Houston, do the hot dog dance. Goin' back to Houston, to get me some pants.

The sheepshead fish has human teeth, but it's OK because it won't give you a psychedelic crisis.

bring your own lampshade, somewhere there's a party...

kooljulez

Post by kooljulez » Fri Feb 10, 2017 8:42 am

Rich Farino

Post by Rich Farino » Fri Feb 10, 2017 12:49 pm

Thanks everyone for the advice and ideas. I'll be reaching out to a few folks for sure.

More updates to come.

Woolybug25

Post by Woolybug25 » Fri Feb 10, 2017 2:14 pm

thriesta wrote:What a shock, the thread went south due to WB25's "financial advise."

WB25 works for a depository bank, which receives very limited oversight from the government.

Simple terms, any idiot could seat his job, there's no federal licensing system.

If WB25 had any brains or salesmanship, he'd be working as an originator.
Literally none of this is correct.

Guy gives up slinging pizzas, begs pops for a desk job, now he acts like he knows something.
"All mountain hippies are as young as they day they were born, smarter than Einstein, better looking than Tom Selleck and could outfish an army of pinners." - foureyedgeek

www.hiptothesip.blogspot.com

root wad

Post by root wad » Fri Feb 10, 2017 6:43 pm

You ladies should go bitchslap each other someplace else and apologize to Rich on the way out. Have a little respect.
"A hatchery is what you get 'when you cross a sacred cow with a military base.'" Dr. Bernard Shanks
"When I found the skull in the woods, the first thing I did was call the police. But then I got curious about it. I picked it up, and started wondering who this person was, and why he had deer horns."