Therapy Gods

This forum is for general topics. Keep all posts, images, etc safe for those who read the forum at work. Post only that content that you'd want your mama to read. Violators will be banned.
Average Joe
Location: Where they rip out the trees and name streets after them.

Re: Therapy Gods

Post by Average Joe » Fri Feb 03, 2017 4:49 pm

flashback wrote:She's gotten a request from one of the colleges to help during and after Valentines Day for the students who may feel down because they didn't get a valentine or feel they're without love.
They should give those kids accordion lessons instead.

Accordion players get all the pussy.
pussy magnet.jpg
pussy magnet.jpg (19.52 KiB) Viewed 386 times

CrispyCracker

Post by CrispyCracker » Fri Feb 03, 2017 5:34 pm

If the Greatest Generation could see this latest group of candy canes they'd do barrel rolls in their graves. Safe spaces? Cry corners? Nebulous gender bathrooms? Therapy dogs on Valentines Day?

How do you explain to yourself the casual manner in which you threw your life away? -- James Lee Burke

austrotard

Post by austrotard » Fri Feb 03, 2017 6:32 pm

K_P wrote:
As a 7-12 grade counselor who is really, truly getting a therapy dog for my job, there are dozens of applications for this--grieving kids, kids who are fearful of being interviewed by the police or CPS caseworker, autistic kids, emotionally-disturbed kids, stressed kids. We'll be using her for reading and writing exercises with students with learning disabilities, and just having her around will brighten up the place.
when I was at eton there was one trouble child. one.

and then one rainy he was expelled for smoking.
49% of americans assume I give a shit about what they think.

K_P

Post by K_P » Fri Feb 03, 2017 6:57 pm

austrotard wrote:when I was at eton there was one trouble child. one.

and then one rainy he was expelled for smoking.
Autism is real. So is Asbergers. And a host of other mental illnesses.

I don't know why they're more common now than when I (or you) were kids, but they are very real, very much on the increase, and desperately difficult for those who love children thus afflicted.

Maybe it the multi-fold increase in the use of pesticides that are found in residual amounts in our food supply.
Maybe it's other environmental toxins that formerly were not in our environment.
Maybe it's a hundred other things we don't fully comprehend.

All I know is, dogs make a lot of people feel better.

Even twats like you. :cool

CrispyCracker

Post by CrispyCracker » Fri Feb 03, 2017 7:22 pm

K.P, if you truly had compassion you wouldn't spend so much time torturing logic.
How do you explain to yourself the casual manner in which you threw your life away? -- James Lee Burke

fallen513

Post by fallen513 » Fri Feb 03, 2017 8:42 pm

Would you shut the fuck up already? Nobody cares what you think man. Take a look around shit stain, nary a soul has said "welcome".

You are quite literally "that guy".
____________________________________________________________________________________
I love flyfishing so much I want it to die. -thalweg

Isn't it TIME?

fallen513

Post by fallen513 » Fri Feb 03, 2017 8:44 pm

You come back as Desperado and you're in.
____________________________________________________________________________________
I love flyfishing so much I want it to die. -thalweg

Isn't it TIME?

Hogleg

Post by Hogleg » Fri Feb 03, 2017 9:14 pm

Anyone who is fortunate enough to be a God's person is getting some sort of therapy from it whether they seek it or not.
"girls with eating disorders will usually let you come in there in butt." -Jhnnythndr
"...my grandmother’s Tang always tasted like rusty water and dirty socks." - Average Joe
"with some limited exceptions steelhead live where the lady selection is sparce." - MTG

austrotard

Post by austrotard » Fri Feb 03, 2017 9:29 pm

K_P wrote:
Autism is real. So is Asbergers. And a host of other mental illnesses.

I don't know why they're more common now than when I (or you) were kids, but they are very real, very much on the increase, and desperately difficult for those who love children thus afflicted.
don't forget peanut allergies. and what's with all these soulless ivf twins.

everybody has a problem and a sob story, mate.
and very few care.
so good for you.

asbergers. my wife makes those and they're usually somewhat shitty.
49% of americans assume I give a shit about what they think.

CrispyCracker

Post by CrispyCracker » Fri Feb 03, 2017 9:39 pm

Fallen, truth be told quite a few posters in here have been good shits. Some have even shared encouraging notes in my Message box. I like this place -- the humor, the talent, the wilting sarcasm. I guess what I'm saying is that, considering the evidence, maybe we should entertain the possibility that it's you who's the one-trick asswipe. Not to imply that you have a monopoly on the distinction, mind you.

Again, OP: I wouldn't sully your dog's pelt with the sweet tears of the little campus-bound hermaphrodites.

Post by ... » Fri Feb 03, 2017 11:05 pm

2017-01-15_22.47.11.jpg
2017-01-15_22.47.11.jpg (302.73 KiB) Viewed 302 times
loop
Your on your way out...which.
The rest to...

Post by ... » Fri Feb 03, 2017 11:22 pm

flashback wrote:My wife does therapy dog work with one of our terriers, going to rest homes, acts as an airport greeter, helps with college students during exams and breaks, etc.
She's gotten a request from one of the colleges to help during and after Valentines Day for the students who may feel down because they didn't get a valentine or feel they're without love.
Besides the obvious humor, it would be interesting to see what some of the Drakians would do.
Maybe Mitch could bring a dingo.
This should fit in with this bunch of liberals...lol or milfs...
The rest to...