Therapy Gods

This forum is for general topics. Keep all posts, images, etc safe for those who read the forum at work. Post only that content that you'd want your mama to read. Violators will be banned.
austrotard

Re: Therapy Gods

Post by austrotard » Sat Feb 04, 2017 2:16 am

CrispyCracker wrote: Some have even shared encouraging notes in my Message box.
go on... name one and he can fuck off with you.

and this fucking ... retard doesn't count.
mate, it's ryan says... and ryan didn't say.
you're out.

Average Joe
Location: Where they rip out the trees and name streets after them.

Post by Average Joe » Sat Feb 04, 2017 9:55 pm

austrotard wrote:
CrispyCracker wrote: Some have even shared encouraging notes in my Message box.
go on... name one and he can fuck off with you.

and this fucking ... retard doesn't count.
I've no doubt he's referring to an old acquaintance of yours. They could very well be one and the same.

viewtopic.php?f=1&t=11380

Average Joe
Location: Where they rip out the trees and name streets after them.

Post by Average Joe » Sat Feb 04, 2017 10:14 pm

K_P wrote:I won't like about this either--I can fuck-up three-quarters of the membership of this sewer mano-a-mano.
That may or may not be true.

(Y/N)

But since we're all coming clean here, I now feel obligated to tell you that Heero[CntRmbrPwd] and I are both feng shui masters. If pushed, we will come to your residence and rearrange your belongings in the worst possible way imaginable. Let's hope it never comes to that.

steelhound

Post by steelhound » Sat Feb 04, 2017 10:27 pm

One of my dogs bites me every third day, and the other one runs away every other day. They'd make great therapy dogs.
frustrated. After a few "what the fucks?" "i suck"s and a break on shore I convinced her to get back to casting. I clearly remember this question/statement "so you actually think this is fun. These fish are fucked"
Marlo

austrotard

Post by austrotard » Sat Feb 04, 2017 11:22 pm

steelhound wrote:One of my dogs bites me every third day, and the other one runs away every other day. They'd make great therapy dogs.
the tao of pooh.
you're out.

Ajax

Post by Ajax » Sun Feb 05, 2017 10:20 am

Our dogs have kept me off of the Secret Service's radar and the Do Not Fly list for quite some time now. I'm also allowed to drive a car, own firearms, and my marriage remains intact.

But canine companionship will soothe the sting of not receiving a cheap card, or the stark realization that you might never get laid unless you pay for it? That works?

Wish I'd known that fifty years ago.
I believe in rules. Sure I do. If there weren't any rules, how could you break them?
-Leo Durocher

Spudnik

Post by Spudnik » Sun Feb 05, 2017 3:20 pm

Can anybody explain to me the difference between a dog and a therapy dog aside from the fucking nauseating smugness that exudes from the owner of a "therapy" dog?
"Do you think it is real? I bet it is hard and soft, like hard muscle but really smooth skin. I bet it is real nice." - midstream

fly-chucker

Post by fly-chucker » Sun Feb 05, 2017 3:34 pm

Spudnik wrote:Can anybody explain to me the difference between a dog and a therapy dog aside from the fucking nauseating smugness that exudes from the owner of a "therapy" dog?

Not an expert, but there's different kinds of therapy dogs

1) actual trained therapy dogs :bow
w) dogs that fuctards lug around all over the place i.e restaurants, airplanes, shopping, etc because they don't want to fucking kennel their dog when they should. :vomit
@) any pooch that makes you feel better. These are the type that most of us here on teh suk have. :cool
"The difference between genius and stupidity is genius has its limits." -CC

"Get off the water you dumb asses…there is a shit storm coming." -Pancho Rancho

"Fucker compared my small stream trout weenie cast to an epileptic with Tourette’s Syndrome." -Carpe Tructa

Ajax

Post by Ajax » Sun Feb 05, 2017 4:44 pm

Spudnik wrote:Can anybody explain to me the difference between a dog and a therapy dog aside from the fucking nauseating smugness that exudes from the owner of a "therapy" dog?
'Rescue dog' owners are the worst.. Those fucks are as bad as vegans.
I believe in rules. Sure I do. If there weren't any rules, how could you break them?
-Leo Durocher

K_P

Post by K_P » Sun Feb 05, 2017 5:54 pm

While it's obvious that most of us recognize the therapeutic value of a dog, actual therapy dogs are trained and certified by a handful of different agencies. This training is fairly diverse, but includes teaching the dog to behave in certain ways based on human emotional and/or behavioral cues. For example, a therapy dog can cue on an autistic child engaging in self-harming behavior and be trained to lay it's head on the lap/torso of that child to distract and sooth him/her.

Service animals are trained differently. Seeing eye dogs are obvious. Service dogs for people with profound physical limitations can open doors, fetch clothing or medication bottles, or alert for problems.

A lot of people confuse therapy dogs with service dogs. Therapy dogs are not recognized under the Americans with Disabilities Act for access to many of the public places that service dogs are allowed. Further, it has become somewhat popular in our narcissistic society for folks who want their pets to go everywhere with them to get a mail-order certificate (and an official-looking doggy vest) and claim them as therapy animals. I suspect it's these assholes that you're referencing.

I'm a dog lover, but it's obvious to me when people relate better to animals than members of their own species. That being said, there are only two types of fishermen--assholes, and members of your own party. (apologies to Gierach)
Last edited by K_P on Sun Feb 05, 2017 9:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.

SLSS

Post by SLSS » Sun Feb 05, 2017 6:37 pm

Spudnik wrote:…. the fucking nauseating smugness that exudes from the owner of a "therapy" dog?
Yeah, I gotta admit that's always been my problem. Leave the dog and get out.
It's lime the battles between sperm whales and giant squid half a mile below the surface of the ocean. Only it happens in the palm I your hand.- thndr

when I fall, I am still cold and wet, but much more stylishly dressed. as my hat disappears in the riffle- flybug.pa

"Sugar? No thank you Turkish, I'm sweet enough."

austrotard

Post by austrotard » Sun Feb 05, 2017 7:55 pm

they should teach dogs reiki.

and then we'd know it's for reals.
you're out.