This forum is for general topics. Keep all posts, images, etc safe for those who read the forum at work. Post only that content that you'd want your mama to read. Violators will be banned.
By -G-
austrotard wrote: even anonymous gives this place a wide berth.
Just about spit my coffee out. Probably true, though.

Lates: the add foe feature makes everyone look like schizophrenics yelling fuck off at the walls. Entertaining, really.
By RaZ
jed or nemo. or RFA twatface.

if i add someone to foe list, shouldn't any thread they start also be unseen?
By pbrstreetgang
RaZ wrote:jed or nemo. or RFA twatface.

if i add someone to foe list, shouldn't any thread they start also be unseen?
I don't think phpBB has the ability to completely hide fucktard's activity - only condense the useless information with a marker showing that it is from a "blocked" person who continues to try and fuck up a good thing.
By CrispyCracker
I've visited this forum on and off through the years starting back in the late 2000's. The most recent lurk took place late last year when I witnessed a mob of resident posters pile on any member who stood their ground. To be clear, I have no issue with Noob abuse -- it's a time-honored, funny as hell practice -- but the stuff hurled at this recent group of folks was simply mean-spirited. I decided then and there to sign up and tie the local toughs in knots. And that's what precisely what I've done, with an emphasis on humor that has led them to rage and froth at the mouth.

So it's said: I'm a Drake fan. The publication is an institution and a shrine to great photography and memorable prose. But this forum has lost its way on some levels. Back in the day the rough stuff was tempered with laughs, and no one would have suffered pencil-necks who threatened to "screw up someone's real-life nest egg" for besting them in an online exchange or "use the foe/puss-out button" because they were publicly out-manuevered. Anonymous cowardice was rebuked, not celebrated. Today, however, this place is dominated by a group who lack the gifts and conscience of yesteryear's crews, and they consistently mistake profanity for wit and vulgarity for sound contribution. The result? Watered down content amid slushy, D-grade depravity. Disagree? Use the search function to peruse some fantastic archived reports, or the recent posts of long-timers who lament the recent erosion. There are some notable exceptions who cast their pearls before swine but the loudest voices tend to be dull and giftless -- and the weighty voices who could silence them are too often willing to stand down. The biggest trick of these snowflakes is a vague claim that those who fail to endorse their perspective don't "get it." I've spent 25 years in the company of accomplished anglers, fishing the far reaches of a true wilderness that makes most of their water look like a tepid kiddie pool. Yet this group of catfishing assclings, who collectively resemble roadies for a Willie Nelson cover band, say they "get it" on a level I do not. You can't make this shit up.

I have no doubt that there are warped souls in here capable of ignoring moral and ethical boundaries. As a family man, I can't risk the limitations of their character. But know that I'd share my foredeck with many of you and buy you a cold beer out here where real life happens -- provided you admitted to spin fishing on occasion. You'd discover that I'm not the guy some in here would have you believe, and I'd apologize in person for serving as a distraction, which as never my intention. In my defense, the only thing I like about bullies is the face they make when you pop them in the mouth.

I hope the old Drake -- and those in here who make it one-of-a-kind -- fare well.
By Woolybug25
CrispyCracker wrote: I hope the old Drake -- and those in here who make it one-of-a-kind -- fare well.
Does this mean you're leaving?
By pbrstreetgang
CrispyCracker wrote:I've visited this forum on and off through the years starting back in the late 2000's. The most recent lurk took place late last year when I witnessed a mob of resident posters pile on any member who stood their ground. To be clear, I have no issue with Noob abuse -- it's a time-honored, funny as hell practice -- but the stuff hurled at this recent group of folks was simply mean-spirited. I decided then and there to sign up and tie the local toughs in knots. And that's what precisely what I've done, with an emphasis on humor that has led them to rage and froth at the mouth.

So it's said: I'm a Drake fan. The publication is an institution and a shrine to great photography and memorable prose. But this forum has lost its way on some levels. Back in the day the rough stuff was tempered with laughs, and no one would have suffered pencil-necks who threatened to "screw up someone's real-life nest egg" for besting them in an online exchange or "use the foe/puss-out button" because they were publicly out-manuevered. Anonymous cowardice was rebuked, not celebrated. Today, however, this place is dominated by a group who lack the gifts and conscience of yesteryear's crews, and they consistently mistake profanity for wit and vulgarity for sound contribution. The result? Watered down content amid slushy, D-grade depravity. Disagree? Use the search function to peruse some fantastic archived reports, or the recent posts of long-timers who lament the recent erosion. There are some notable exceptions who cast their pearls before swine but the loudest voices tend to be dull and giftless -- and the weighty voices who could silence them are too often willing to stand down. The biggest trick of these snowflakes is a vague claim that those who fail to endorse their perspective don't "get it." I've spent 25 years in the company of accomplished anglers, fishing the far reaches of a true wilderness that makes most of their water look like a tepid kiddie pool. Yet this group of catfishing assclings, who collectively resemble roadies for a Willie Nelson cover band, say they "get it" on a level I do not. You can't make this shit up.

I have no doubt that there are warped souls in here capable of ignoring moral and ethical boundaries. As a family man, I can't risk the limitations of their character. But know that I'd share my foredeck with many of you and buy you a cold beer out here where real life happens -- provided you admitted to spin fishing on occasion. You'd discover that I'm not the guy some in here would have you believe, and I'd apologize in person for serving as a distraction, which as never my intention. In my defense, the only thing I like about bullies is the face they make when you pop them in the mouth.

I hope the old Drake -- and those in here who make it one-of-a-kind -- fare well.
Apparently you can make this shit up though.

Bye.
By D-nymph
Abby must've been pissed!
By comescrashing
CrispyCracker wrote:I've visited this forum on and off through the years starting back in the late 2000's. The most recent lurk took place late last year when I witnessed a mob of resident posters pile on any member who stood their ground. To be clear, I have no issue with Noob abuse -- it's a time-honored, funny as hell practice -- but the stuff hurled at this recent group of folks was simply mean-spirited. I decided then and there to sign up and tie the local toughs in knots. And that's what precisely what I've done, with an emphasis on humor that has led them to rage and froth at the mouth.

I don't usually partake in all this, mainly because most of the time I have shit to add. People like you come here and act all righteous when you don't even bother to follow the damn instructions. I did a piss poor job myself but listened and stayed low for awhile.

The people that get "piled on" are most of the time the same people who didn't bother to put forth any effort.

Do everyone a favor and fuck off for a bit and if you want to come back do it the right way.

Also side note, this place is full of some of the best people there is. They go out of their way in extraordinary ways for others. Shut up and sit back and get a real view of what this place is and why the have higher standards than most.
By yard4sale
I guess I just couldn't handle the awesomeness since I had the guy on ignore but now that I see his comments in a quote I gotta say the guy is right.

You people suk.

Apologies for my brevity, I need to book a flight to flashy salty fish land.
By Kfoxwyo
PBR equals NSA type data shit...a beer and a shot on me if we ever cross paths..
By Bobwhite
I'll miss the avatar...
I do not respond to pms

The best response to PMS is to give her some choco[…]

Thumbing Through Some SBSs

Mathews’ Improved SparkleDun https://l[…]

Luau 2020

Yeah, I am out. 58D95F98-0E03-45E5-A644-E74D695[…]

Happy fourth of July...

Subscribe to The Drake Magazine