No Way

This forum is for general topics. Keep all posts, images, etc safe for those who read the forum at work. Post only that content that you'd want your mama to read. Violators will be banned.
User avatar
-G-
Posts: 597
Joined: Tue Nov 17, 2015 4:31 pm

Re: No Way

Post by -G- » Tue Feb 21, 2017 7:51 am

austrotard wrote: even anonymous gives this place a wide berth.
Just about spit my coffee out. Probably true, though.

Lates: the add foe feature makes everyone look like schizophrenics yelling fuck off at the walls. Entertaining, really.
Maybe we haven't drank enough Busch- Nolan

User avatar
RaZ
Posts: 1614
Joined: Tue Aug 04, 2009 1:22 pm
Location: Semi seclusion in Northern Quebec

Re: No Way

Post by RaZ » Tue Feb 21, 2017 8:29 am

jed or nemo. or RFA twatface.

if i add someone to foe list, shouldn't any thread they start also be unseen?
"Then let us know how that goes, you smug motherfucker"

User avatar
pbrstreetgang
Posts: 3232
Joined: Wed Aug 29, 2012 6:57 pm

Re: No Way

Post by pbrstreetgang » Tue Feb 21, 2017 10:57 am

RaZ wrote:jed or nemo. or RFA twatface.

if i add someone to foe list, shouldn't any thread they start also be unseen?
I don't think phpBB has the ability to completely hide fucktard's activity - only condense the useless information with a marker showing that it is from a "blocked" person who continues to try and fuck up a good thing.
Everybody knows this is nowhere...

User avatar
CrispyCracker
Posts: 144
Joined: Fri Jan 13, 2017 8:44 am
Location: Down Yonder

Re: No Way

Post by CrispyCracker » Tue Feb 21, 2017 11:35 am

I've visited this forum on and off through the years starting back in the late 2000's. The most recent lurk took place late last year when I witnessed a mob of resident posters pile on any member who stood their ground. To be clear, I have no issue with Noob abuse -- it's a time-honored, funny as hell practice -- but the stuff hurled at this recent group of folks was simply mean-spirited. I decided then and there to sign up and tie the local toughs in knots. And that's what precisely what I've done, with an emphasis on humor that has led them to rage and froth at the mouth.

So it's said: I'm a Drake fan. The publication is an institution and a shrine to great photography and memorable prose. But this forum has lost its way on some levels. Back in the day the rough stuff was tempered with laughs, and no one would have suffered pencil-necks who threatened to "screw up someone's real-life nest egg" for besting them in an online exchange or "use the foe/puss-out button" because they were publicly out-manuevered. Anonymous cowardice was rebuked, not celebrated. Today, however, this place is dominated by a group who lack the gifts and conscience of yesteryear's crews, and they consistently mistake profanity for wit and vulgarity for sound contribution. The result? Watered down content amid slushy, D-grade depravity. Disagree? Use the search function to peruse some fantastic archived reports, or the recent posts of long-timers who lament the recent erosion. There are some notable exceptions who cast their pearls before swine but the loudest voices tend to be dull and giftless -- and the weighty voices who could silence them are too often willing to stand down. The biggest trick of these snowflakes is a vague claim that those who fail to endorse their perspective don't "get it." I've spent 25 years in the company of accomplished anglers, fishing the far reaches of a true wilderness that makes most of their water look like a tepid kiddie pool. Yet this group of catfishing assclings, who collectively resemble roadies for a Willie Nelson cover band, say they "get it" on a level I do not. You can't make this shit up.

I have no doubt that there are warped souls in here capable of ignoring moral and ethical boundaries. As a family man, I can't risk the limitations of their character. But know that I'd share my foredeck with many of you and buy you a cold beer out here where real life happens -- provided you admitted to spin fishing on occasion. You'd discover that I'm not the guy some in here would have you believe, and I'd apologize in person for serving as a distraction, which as never my intention. In my defense, the only thing I like about bullies is the face they make when you pop them in the mouth.

I hope the old Drake -- and those in here who make it one-of-a-kind -- fare well.
How do you explain to yourself the casual manner in which you threw your life away? -- James Lee Burke

User avatar
Woolybug25
Posts: 7693
Joined: Wed Jan 23, 2008 4:52 pm
Location: The Mitt

Re: No Way

Post by Woolybug25 » Tue Feb 21, 2017 11:47 am

CrispyCracker wrote: I hope the old Drake -- and those in here who make it one-of-a-kind -- fare well.
Does this mean you're leaving?
"All mountain hippies are as young as they day they were born, smarter than Einstein, better looking than Tom Selleck and could outfish an army of pinners." - foureyedgeek

www.hiptothesip.blogspot.com

User avatar
pbrstreetgang
Posts: 3232
Joined: Wed Aug 29, 2012 6:57 pm

Re: No Way

Post by pbrstreetgang » Tue Feb 21, 2017 11:56 am

CrispyCracker wrote:I've visited this forum on and off through the years starting back in the late 2000's. The most recent lurk took place late last year when I witnessed a mob of resident posters pile on any member who stood their ground. To be clear, I have no issue with Noob abuse -- it's a time-honored, funny as hell practice -- but the stuff hurled at this recent group of folks was simply mean-spirited. I decided then and there to sign up and tie the local toughs in knots. And that's what precisely what I've done, with an emphasis on humor that has led them to rage and froth at the mouth.

So it's said: I'm a Drake fan. The publication is an institution and a shrine to great photography and memorable prose. But this forum has lost its way on some levels. Back in the day the rough stuff was tempered with laughs, and no one would have suffered pencil-necks who threatened to "screw up someone's real-life nest egg" for besting them in an online exchange or "use the foe/puss-out button" because they were publicly out-manuevered. Anonymous cowardice was rebuked, not celebrated. Today, however, this place is dominated by a group who lack the gifts and conscience of yesteryear's crews, and they consistently mistake profanity for wit and vulgarity for sound contribution. The result? Watered down content amid slushy, D-grade depravity. Disagree? Use the search function to peruse some fantastic archived reports, or the recent posts of long-timers who lament the recent erosion. There are some notable exceptions who cast their pearls before swine but the loudest voices tend to be dull and giftless -- and the weighty voices who could silence them are too often willing to stand down. The biggest trick of these snowflakes is a vague claim that those who fail to endorse their perspective don't "get it." I've spent 25 years in the company of accomplished anglers, fishing the far reaches of a true wilderness that makes most of their water look like a tepid kiddie pool. Yet this group of catfishing assclings, who collectively resemble roadies for a Willie Nelson cover band, say they "get it" on a level I do not. You can't make this shit up.

I have no doubt that there are warped souls in here capable of ignoring moral and ethical boundaries. As a family man, I can't risk the limitations of their character. But know that I'd share my foredeck with many of you and buy you a cold beer out here where real life happens -- provided you admitted to spin fishing on occasion. You'd discover that I'm not the guy some in here would have you believe, and I'd apologize in person for serving as a distraction, which as never my intention. In my defense, the only thing I like about bullies is the face they make when you pop them in the mouth.

I hope the old Drake -- and those in here who make it one-of-a-kind -- fare well.
Apparently you can make this shit up though.

Bye.
Everybody knows this is nowhere...

User avatar
D-nymph
Posts: 4832
Joined: Wed Aug 27, 2008 3:43 pm
Location: SWPA

Re: No Way

Post by D-nymph » Tue Feb 21, 2017 1:28 pm

Abby must've been pissed!
"The devil's pourin drinks and his daughter needs a ride" - III

User avatar
comescrashing
Posts: 98
Joined: Mon Jul 30, 2012 11:09 am

Re: No Way

Post by comescrashing » Tue Feb 21, 2017 4:01 pm

CrispyCracker wrote:I've visited this forum on and off through the years starting back in the late 2000's. The most recent lurk took place late last year when I witnessed a mob of resident posters pile on any member who stood their ground. To be clear, I have no issue with Noob abuse -- it's a time-honored, funny as hell practice -- but the stuff hurled at this recent group of folks was simply mean-spirited. I decided then and there to sign up and tie the local toughs in knots. And that's what precisely what I've done, with an emphasis on humor that has led them to rage and froth at the mouth.

So it's said: I'm a Drake fan. The publication is an institution and a shrine to great photography and memorable prose. But this forum has lost its way on some levels. Back in the day the rough stuff was tempered with laughs, and no one would have suffered pencil-necks who threatened to "screw up someone's real-life nest egg" for besting them in an online exchange or "use the foe/puss-out button" because they were publicly out-manuevered. Anonymous cowardice was rebuked, not celebrated. Today, however, this place is dominated by a group who lack the gifts and conscience of yesteryear's crews, and they consistently mistake profanity for wit and vulgarity for sound contribution. The result? Watered down content amid slushy, D-grade depravity. Disagree? Use the search function to peruse some fantastic archived reports, or the recent posts of long-timers who lament the recent erosion. There are some notable exceptions who cast their pearls before swine but the loudest voices tend to be dull and giftless -- and the weighty voices who could silence them are too often willing to stand down. The biggest trick of these snowflakes is a vague claim that those who fail to endorse their perspective don't "get it." I've spent 25 years in the company of accomplished anglers, fishing the far reaches of a true wilderness that makes most of their water look like a tepid kiddie pool. Yet this group of catfishing assclings, who collectively resemble roadies for a Willie Nelson cover band, say they "get it" on a level I do not. You can't make this shit up.

I have no doubt that there are warped souls in here capable of ignoring moral and ethical boundaries. As a family man, I can't risk the limitations of their character. But know that I'd share my foredeck with many of you and buy you a cold beer out here where real life happens -- provided you admitted to spin fishing on occasion. You'd discover that I'm not the guy some in here would have you believe, and I'd apologize in person for serving as a distraction, which as never my intention. In my defense, the only thing I like about bullies is the face they make when you pop them in the mouth.

I hope the old Drake -- and those in here who make it one-of-a-kind -- fare well.

I don't usually partake in all this, mainly because most of the time I have shit to add. People like you come here and act all righteous when you don't even bother to follow the damn instructions. I did a piss poor job myself but listened and stayed low for awhile.

The people that get "piled on" are most of the time the same people who didn't bother to put forth any effort.

Do everyone a favor and fuck off for a bit and if you want to come back do it the right way.

Also side note, this place is full of some of the best people there is. They go out of their way in extraordinary ways for others. Shut up and sit back and get a real view of what this place is and why the have higher standards than most.

User avatar
yard4sale
Posts: 2169
Joined: Wed May 28, 2014 4:12 pm

Re: No Way

Post by yard4sale » Tue Feb 21, 2017 4:17 pm

I guess I just couldn't handle the awesomeness since I had the guy on ignore but now that I see his comments in a quote I gotta say the guy is right.

You people suk.

Apologies for my brevity, I need to book a flight to flashy salty fish land.
You can't go back and you can't stand still
If the thunder don't get you then the lightning will

When your choices are between a pedophile religious zealot or a dem suddenly the pedophile religious zealot doesn't sound too bad. - PLOW

User avatar
upshitscreek
Posts: 994
Joined: Fri Apr 03, 2009 8:44 pm
Location: lost and found bin

Re: No Way

Post by upshitscreek » Tue Feb 21, 2017 4:41 pm

PBR with the kill shot.

Cheers and thanks, dude.

User avatar
Kfoxwyo
Posts: 571
Joined: Sat Mar 16, 2013 10:03 pm
Location: Northern California

Re: No Way

Post by Kfoxwyo » Tue Feb 21, 2017 4:59 pm

PBR equals NSA type data shit...a beer and a shot on me if we ever cross paths..
Let your boat of life be light, packed with only what you need-a homely home and simple pleasures, one or two friends worth the name, someone to love and someone to love you, a cat, a dog and a pipe or two, enough to eat and enough to wear, and a little more than enough to drink; for thirst is a dangerous thing.
-Jerome K. Jerome, 1889

User avatar
Bobwhite
Posts: 5107
Joined: Thu May 08, 2008 4:48 pm
Location: Marine on St. Croix, MN
Contact:

Re: No Way

Post by Bobwhite » Tue Feb 21, 2017 5:30 pm

I'll miss the avatar...
"Why in the fuck did I miss this place? It's like missing a raging case of the clap."

"Make it matter, fuckos." jhnnythndr

" Herre jävlar vilka fiskar!!" P-A

"I'm no saint though, nor a judge. Rock that shit good and hard, and on your way out, wipe your dick on the curtains." - Kyner

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bigguy, Bing [Bot], ebbNflow, fishskibum, fly-chucker, Google [Bot], Hoover, skullion childs, SOBF, speybait and 93 guests