Haven't lost him yet!

This forum is for general topics. Keep all posts, images, etc safe for those who read the forum at work. Post only that content that you'd want your mama to read. Violators will be banned.
trouthound

Haven't lost him yet!

Post by trouthound » Mon Mar 06, 2017 7:45 am

He's 16, plays a HS sport well enough to keep doing it in college, has his nose buried in his phone 70% of the time he's not at school or practice, has a GF in college. Aggravates the crap out of me with his miscellaneous choices but sometimes things work out and we find time to hang out. Hi fives from a kid who is way cooler than I ever was are pretty awesome.
Attachments
IMG_0447.JPG
IMG_0447.JPG (1.1 MiB) Viewed 1289 times
The lord chooses the good ones...the bad ones choose the lord

Bobwhite

Re: Haven't lost him yet!

Post by Bobwhite » Mon Mar 06, 2017 9:06 am

You've done a lot right...

There's nothing quite as satisfying as watching your kids grow and prosper.
"Why in the fuck did I miss this place? It's like missing a raging case of the clap."

"Make it matter, fuckos." jhnnythndr

" Herre jävlar vilka fiskar!!" P-A

"I'm no saint though, nor a judge. Rock that shit good and hard, and on your way out, wipe your dick on the curtains." - Kyner

austrotard

Post by austrotard » Mon Mar 06, 2017 9:28 am

...and shooting shit.
we'll always have buffalo, sweet josh.

-mtice

MTgrayling
Location: ...down river from you when steelheading; releasing a whitefish above you when the trout are on...

Post by MTgrayling » Mon Mar 06, 2017 10:26 am

Shoot the future, in the fucking face!

Nioce...
Ryan found his way out; your escape awaits...

Let there be HIGH water!

Ruddy Duck

Post by Ruddy Duck » Mon Mar 06, 2017 11:16 am

trouthound wrote: Aggravates the crap out of me with his miscellaneous choices but sometimes things work out and we find time to hang out.
My son is about to turn 13, and I can relate to this statement.

Good to see it all seems to work out in the end.

Bamaboy

Post by Bamaboy » Mon Mar 06, 2017 8:58 pm

:cool MY kids are still young enough to think dad is still cool, Kinda. Well at least there friends think I am.

SLSS

Post by SLSS » Tue Mar 07, 2017 10:39 am

:cool
It's lime the battles between sperm whales and giant squid half a mile below the surface of the ocean. Only it happens in the palm I your hand.- thndr

when I fall, I am still cold and wet, but much more stylishly dressed. as my hat disappears in the riffle- flybug.pa

"Sugar? No thank you Turkish, I'm sweet enough."

trouthound

Post by trouthound » Tue Mar 07, 2017 10:58 am

Bamaboy wrote::cool MY kids are still young enough to think dad is still cool, Kinda. Well at least there friends think I am.
My 7 year old thinks im cool until its time for bed, or shower, or just about anything I tell her that she doesn't want to do....I couldn't have 2 more polar opposite kids. He's laid back and could give a shit what anyone thinks about him, definitely very confident in his own skin. She, is ...well... a girl. Love em both, the 7 year old is a true test though. Funny thing is shes the die hard fisherman, and mechanic and tinkerer. I was out rebuilding our yard fence last saturday and she was right there the whole time asking questions about the level, the screws etc. After 10 minutes of analyzing the project she was telling me what to do..literally took over. The wife just started laughing and walked away. He's passive, shes aggressive.

:cool :cool :cool :cool :cool :cool :cool
The lord chooses the good ones...the bad ones choose the lord