This forum is for general topics. Keep all posts, images, etc safe for those who read the forum at work. Post only that content that you'd want your mama to read. Violators will be banned.
By Willi
[report]Went to a new island, a little more "civilized" than where we usually go. Planes were on time, no lost luggage, a good start but where was the prepaid SUV that was supposed to pick us up????? No vehicle, we waited and waited, had people call for us no answer. Then Mr. T stopped by and he had a van he rented us for cheap, and it was worth what it cost. Over the next day, Mr. T and a couple other people we met kept trying to get ahold of the guy to get our money back with no luck. Decided to go to the Police and they got all our money back except for $75 and I think that's gone for good. Got a better vehicle for the money we got back and our digs are nice:

but unfortunately the weather isn't - cold front, windy, cloudy, rainy, etc etc. View from our back porch

Put in a lot of foot and vehicle miles looking for fish. Manage to catch a few baby Tarpon and a few Bones but nothing pic worthy along with assorted Snaperjacks, and several sharks.

These Horse eyes were fun.

They were in a tiny blue hole and would smash a Creasefly in mass each time it went over the blue hole, until the sharks showed up, BIG ones. Hooked one of the sharks on a Redfish fly on my 10 weight but was badly outclassed. Put enough pressure on it to get a good jump before it was gone, cool!

We moved on after that spot and wandered the flat for a couple hours before heading back. Got back to the Shark/Jack hole and the tide had risen enough that the sharks were no longer in the hole but were swimming around in the channel that we had to cross and it looked like we might even have to swim the channel to get across. WE didn't have to swim but did have to wade deeper than we wanted to.... Never got caught by a rising tide before, learned a lesson.

Although the fishing could have been better, the eating was the best I've had on the islands. Some fine chefs with fresh seafood but the best was Friday Feast with a whole roast pig, barbeque goat and lots of other stuff. We ate a bunch of pig!

Did quite a bit of sight seeing while driving around looking for fish. Lots of churches, many abandoned.

We met a group of men hand building a regatta boat. The family has been building them for generations. This gentleman learned the craft from his grandfather and had some great stories to tell.

A few other assorted sights:

Off to island 2! and maybe a few more fish???

Willi[/report]
By TX.
Nice.

Pro tip: Have back up fly lines if you cast to sharks that jump. They don't call shark skin "shark skin" for nothing.
They'll trash the coating (to the core) in a heartbeat, albeit a very cool heartbeat, usually worth the cost of the line.
:cool
By fatman
More, more :smile
By Saltan
Good salt right there.
By Hogleg
Good stuff Willi. Keep it coming (a.k.a. don't lose your camera or drop the memory card in the drink).

Did you put unpasteurized goat's milk in your coffee?

Y/N?
By Redchaser
Been waiting for this. Can't wait for the rest.
By Lando
Yep, that's Willi.
By Trucha Del Mar
Do they offer gumbopsicles in the West Indies? Hopefully not, for your sake.
Thumbing Through Some SBSs

BRF’s Summer Stone https://live.static[…]

Unlimited "New Music Friday"

https://youtu.be/lui6aP_expk

Yeah...we should all go to Dillon now... And a dam[…]

i lime thongs https://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y[…]

Subscribe to The Drake Magazine