I need a good fishing read

This forum is for general topics. Keep all posts, images, etc safe for those who read the forum at work. Post only that content that you'd want your mama to read. Violators will be banned.
mijo

I need a good fishing read

Post by mijo » Thu May 18, 2006 12:28 pm

please advise....mgj
this is the game that moves as you play

Brookwookie

Re: I need a good fishing read

Post by Brookwookie » Thu May 18, 2006 12:36 pm

The Most Recent Evolution Of Muthafusticus Modernusticus
Buster Wants To Fish

mijo

Post by mijo » Thu May 18, 2006 12:42 pm

that's ten pages of intellectual gibberish!I was hoping to have a half dozen titles to choose from by lunchtime and place an order.and please, it's not necessary to recommend the longest silence. I've read it.mgj

Brookwookie

Post by Brookwookie » Thu May 18, 2006 12:47 pm

Originally posted by mijo:n that's ten pages of intellectual gibberish!
Summed up with one sentence of LOL!
Buster Wants To Fish

coolconman

Post by coolconman » Thu May 18, 2006 2:26 pm

The River Why? by David James Duncan. One of my all time favorites, fishing or otherwise.True Love and the Woolly Bugger by Dave Ames is a good light read.
"Hey man, I''m not a tree hugger......but if I see one with titties, Ima hump da shit out of it."n ~dutch(effin new guy)

Brookies Rule

Post by Brookies Rule » Thu May 18, 2006 3:16 pm

I would recommend one of David James Duncan's good friends Thomas McGuane and "the Longest Silence"
"The quickest way to the universe is through the forest wilderness."

mijo

Post by mijo » Thu May 18, 2006 3:33 pm

the river why may be the one.n I've seen it mentioned rather frequently, but for some reason I've never read it.I am still open to options as I'll prolly have the river why read in a matter of hours.mgj

Brookwookie

Post by Brookwookie » Thu May 18, 2006 3:36 pm

Originally posted by mijo:n I am still open to options as I'll prolly have the river why read in a matter of hours.
Well then you should have plenty of time to read the 10 pages of intellectual gibberish in the Reads thread.
Buster Wants To Fish

Ursus

Post by Ursus » Thu May 18, 2006 4:00 pm

Great literary achievements they are not, but consider the following for fun, fast reads that will make you long to be on the water: "On the Run: An Angler's Journey down the Striper Coast" by David DiBenedetto [/img]ist on the River: An Angler's Quest for Steelhead" by Michael Checchio - Cheesy title, but nice relaxing read.Personally, I think any LaFontaine book is entertaining (I sincerely mourn his passing, even though I never met the man). Ditto on David Hughes books.Also, I have become a fan of anthologies, especially for travelling - I understand "Homewaters" is very good although I have not yet had the pleasure of reading it. Ursus
The first rule of holes: when you''re in one, stop digging. n - Molly Ivins -

D. Micus

Post by D. Micus » Thu May 18, 2006 5:05 pm

old man and the sea, and moby dick. outside chance by tom mcguaneangler's coast by russell chathamhome before dark by jim harrison
Don''t get eliminated

FliesOnly

Post by FliesOnly » Thu May 18, 2006 7:31 pm

92 in the Shade is coming with me to Mexico...River Why is good and I do so love the Longest Silence...Maybe try the Davinci Code?!? I think there is a movie coming out? :stupid:
"yeah go and catch that big one over there, while i twist up another hooter. don''t fuck around too long though lunch is in 15 minutes and then it''s nap time."n ~Ginseng Sullivan "Guiding the private water"

cabasturd

Post by cabasturd » Fri May 19, 2006 4:16 pm

The Offbeat Angler by Christopher Arelt and Sebastian O'Kelly.Why? Because I'm one of the authors and for each book sold (list price -- $18.95), I receive 95 cents from the publisher. Plus I get some strange internal satisfaction when someone buys it and says they like it. It's that awful feel good mushy stuff that my old man tried to beat out of me as a kid but never fully succeeded. You can read some reviews by others if you'd like. There are rumors that parts of it might show up in the next issue of The Drake.http://www.washingtoncitypaper.com/arts ... 0310a.htmlhttp://www.waywardflyfishing.com/bkOkelly01.htmhttp://www.shoutfish.com/blog/20060505B ... ngler.htmlhttp://www.flyanglersonline.com/