This forum is for general topics. Keep all posts, images, etc safe for those who read the forum at work. Post only that content that you'd want your mama to read. Violators will be banned.
By BigTimber
On the road anyway. Guaranteed to kill anything in it's path (and not hurt the truck). Compliments of my bro-in-law in Montana. Image Image

<small>[ October 08, 2007, 12:48 PM: Message edited by: BigTimber ]</small>
By Dr Strangefly
That looks more like it'll slice through whatever you hit than actually deflect it out of the way.The Aussies have figured out how to deflect mammals out of the path, the problem with their mammals is that they all share a very low, solid center of gravity. Wombats are like hitting a big woolly rock and roos are no picnic either.C'mon now Mitch post us a picture of one of your Utes with a Roo bar on the front. Maybe an action or post-action shot??
By fat tire
I'm Your Huckleberry!

<small>[ October 08, 2007, 03:26 PM: Message edited by: fat tire ]</small>
By stonedfly
Just wait to you actually hit something with it and the small impact turns into a big bill b/c it has bent the frame, albeit in a minor way, but just enough to cost around 1200 to fix. Speaking from experience.Looks real nice though.
By Adams
Originally posted by SOBF:n Your fucked when you hit a moose.
You need a blast shield that comes down over your windshield for moose.
By TX.
Originally posted by stonedfly:n Just wait to you actually hit something with it and the small impact turns into a big bill b/c it has bent the frame, albeit in a minor way, but just enough to cost around 1200 to fix. Speaking from experience.Looks real nice though.
Looks like a Manik..it'll fold.If it's a real one and you have a wreck, good luck on personal injury. I know some folks that had a "Ranch Hand" front bar, some dipshit kid pulled out in front of them...fucked his car up good, their airbags didn't deploy "due to the brush guard" the insurance claimed...no pay on the policy.Personally I love 'em. It's cool as shit to watch a dumbass S Texas whitetail fold in half when they hit you. I wouldn't drive a truck w/o one.
By Snagly
Sort of like Roo Bars meet the Bass-o-Matic . . . forget about the animal impact issues. Think about how much easier parallel parking just got!
By BigTimber
Originally posted by Txfly:n
Originally posted by stonedfly:n Just wait to you actually hit something with it and the small impact turns into a big bill b/c it has bent the frame, albeit in a minor way, but just enough to cost around 1200 to fix. Speaking from experience.Looks real nice though.
Looks like a Manik..it'll fold.If it's a real one and you have a wreck, good luck on personal injury. I know some folks that had a "Ranch Hand" front bar, some dipshit kid pulled out in front of them...fucked his car up good, their airbags didn't deploy "due to the brush guard" the insurance claimed...no pay on the policy.Personally I love 'em. It's cool as shit to watch a dumbass S Texas whitetail fold in half when they hit you. I wouldn't drive a truck w/o one.
Not a mass produced Manik. Custom made one at a time.I don't think there's anything that'll stand up to a moose.

<small>[ October 08, 2007, 08:30 PM: Message edited by: BigTimber ]</small>
WTF, Hieronymus

Right on. Tell these losers what is up, braddah.[…]

Thumbing Through Some SBSs

Denson’s Farmer Palmer https://live.st[…]

Impeachment pool

I puts yur flies in the fishes mouth for you http[…]

A Confession

The forecast called for rain, and it's a two mile […]

Subsribe to The Drake Magazine