This forum is for general topics. Keep all posts, images, etc safe for those who read the forum at work. Post only that content that you'd want your mama to read. Violators will be banned.
By cabasturd
What once was called the jewfish... Image...is now called the goliath grouper.The fish formerly known as squawfish... Image....now goes by northern pike minnow.Has political correctness infected even the minds of the fisheries biologists?
By SageBrush
Can we still call Lawyers Sharks?and how do the Sharks feel about this

<small>[ February 22, 2007, 02:59 AM: Message edited by: SageBrush ]</small>
By cabasturd
Sage,Lawyers cannot be called sharks -- that would be slighting sharks. They would take it up with you on your next ocean swim.Nor can lawyers be called scum-sucking bottom feeders -- that would upset the catfish of the world.
By cabasturd
Good to meet you, shad.On the subject of catfish, I just heard from a flathead friend of mine. He is upset that he and his brethern and sistern are named after a common screwdriver or one of those kids that always slept on his back as a spongy-skulled infant and get made fun of when he gets older.I told him that flathead catfish will now be called "Whiskered Gentle Fish."
By cabasturd
This has really started something in the fish world. The carp are now complaining (or should I say carping) about their name.I've suggested Golden Bonefish, Prince of Mud or Brown Bomber (R.I.P. Joe Louis) and they seem happy with that.
By cabasturd
My friend the puffer. I had an avatar once, it was stolen, then I got it back, then it became an X. I've given up trying to sort it out.Back to the main subject, some -- I call them the fish secularists -- insist on calling this fellow Imagean anglerfish or goosefish instead of his proper name, monkfish.
whatcha tying?

EAFBF7A3-214E-43B7-B0FF-17DC654C1410.jpeg

Thumbing Through Some SBSs

Opal Cormorant https://live.staticflickr.com[…]

Friday Cheer Through Pics

Damn. Welcome back

Rock curry

Beautiful. [/kisses fingers]

Subscribe to The Drake Magazine