Perhaps the greatest fly caster in history

This forum is for general topics. Keep all posts, images, etc safe for those who read the forum at work. Post only that content that you'd want your mama to read. Violators will be banned.
Vlad d'Impaler

Re: Perhaps the greatest fly caster in history

Post by Vlad d'Impaler » Fri Feb 09, 2007 4:56 pm

she's to be respected, no doubt.but I find it ironic that they used her high school boyfriends music to accompany the otherwise enjoyable video montage of her mad skills.
"It''s not who you know, rather, who knows you" ~Vincent, cab driver on STX

I.F.P...

Post by I.F.P... » Fri Feb 09, 2007 5:35 pm

I could watch Highstreams avatard all day... bouncy, bouncy. Me likey.
Ego Charged Bobber Loving Fly Rod Owning Whore.

shutupandfish

Post by shutupandfish » Fri Feb 09, 2007 7:27 pm

How the fuck do you reach cast? I see her doing it effortlessly. I suck at it. If this sounds like a cry for help, it is.
Annihilating all that''s made/To a green thought in a green shade. --Andrew Marvell

Jed

Post by Jed » Fri Feb 09, 2007 8:44 pm

The question should be is she a great caster. (YES). "The greatest" is superlative and only one person fits that description. I like Joan. She is cool. Shutupandfish. The easiest way to reach cast is to make your cast and as the line finishes its travel you make your reach while letting out an additional few feet of line. That way the extra line for the reach comes from the uncast line and it does not effect the cast line. Does this help?n jed

<small>[ February 09, 2007, 08:46 PM: Message edited by: Jed ]</small>

shutupandfish

Post by shutupandfish » Fri Feb 09, 2007 8:49 pm

Jed, Makes sense. Thanks. Will try once Earth tilts back toward Sun.
:(
Annihilating all that''s made/To a green thought in a green shade. --Andrew Marvell

SOBF

Post by SOBF » Sat Feb 10, 2007 2:03 am

I know this will get panned because it is fishing related.My apologizes n The best way to reach cast:n After you make your stop on your fwd cast.n Lay the rod 90 degrees to your cast.

cabasturd

Post by cabasturd » Sat Feb 10, 2007 2:57 am

SUAF,Best way to solve the reach cast issue. Wade to another position where you don't have to use it. I know that it can't always be done under every circumstance but most times it's doable.

shutupandfish

Post by shutupandfish » Sat Feb 10, 2007 4:01 am

Originally posted by CaBasturd:n SUAF,Best way to solve the reach cast issue. Wade to another position where you don't have to use it. I know that it can't always be done under every circumstance but most times it's doable.
Since I am so bad at it, I have perfected this option. 07 will be my year, though.I have not yet begun to suck!!

<small>[ February 10, 2007, 04:11 AM: Message edited by: shutupandfish ]</small>