i'm gonna name soome of my fave albums of 2005 in this

This forum is for general topics. Keep all posts, images, etc safe for those who read the forum at work. Post only that content that you'd want your mama to read. Violators will be banned.
creeklover

Re: i'm gonna name soome of my fave albums of 2005 in this

Post by creeklover » Thu Dec 29, 2005 10:02 am

I thought I was "hip" and into music rather well. I hardly recognize any of these bands. Are these local garage bands around the Seattle area? :( I'll admit I was totally lost when I read this:
Originally posted by Nailknot:n "Silver Joos Tanglewood Numbers with Malkmus and Nasto back on board was good, but no American Water. "
If I had to pick one album from 2005 it would easily be Ryan Adam's "Cold Roses". I see that uncle jesse has good taste mentioning "Jacksonville City Nights". Wilco's "Kicking Television" gets honorable mention.
"''nut, i''d resize but i''m far too busy catching the fuck outta steelhead" - b_t_fry

http://busterwantstofish.com/

Brookwookie

Post by Brookwookie » Thu Dec 29, 2005 10:02 am

Cool. I say we derail this thread by yelling out random old shit that we like, then we'll rage against all this lukewarm pussy contemporary garbage and piss ourselves in a petulant frenzy.Dead Kennedys - Frankenchristn The Jam - Setting Sonsn Zappa - You Are What You Isn Phish - A Picture of Nectarn The Clash - Sandinistan The Police - Regatta de Blancn Black Flag - Everything Went Black
The Most Recent Evolution Of Muthafusticus Modernusticus
Buster Wants To Fish

creeklover

Post by creeklover » Thu Dec 29, 2005 10:06 am

Pixies, Dinosaur Jr, and Waylon Jennings. Pissing away............. :cool: :cool:
"''nut, i''d resize but i''m far too busy catching the fuck outta steelhead" - b_t_fry

Adams

Post by Adams » Thu Dec 29, 2005 10:36 am

To keep with the pissing. . . n The Pogues: Rum, Sodomy, and the Lashn the Clash: London Callingn The Replacements: 1) Let It Be
and 2) Sorry Ma . . .n Husker DU: Zen Arcaden Adams
If you need a reason to drink, you have a problem. . .

"I just think it's funny that the one constant in this place over the past five years is that it was a cool place right up until the next person joined." nemo

When life gives you limes, it's Gods way of telling you that you're an idiot. spudnik

Brookwookie

Post by Brookwookie » Thu Dec 29, 2005 10:37 am

Buster Wants To Fish

Brookwookie

Post by Brookwookie » Thu Dec 29, 2005 10:51 am

Originally posted by Adams:n The Pogues: Rum, Sodomy, and the Lashn
One of my very favorites. Had it on vinyl, then had a really hard time finding it on cd. It was only available as an import for a long time. Now I see it everywhere. "Sick Bed of Cuchullain" and "Sally Maclenenne" are great for drinking and slamdancing, and "Pair of Brown Eyes" always reminds me of a dog I used to have.
the Clash: London Calling
Naturally. For some reason, I can't keep a copy of this in my possession. It's been stolen, broken and otherwise disappeared. The first time was, of course, vinyl, and it disappeared with a copy of the Mackenzie Bros. [/img]reat White North" album and a hardcover copy of Steve Martin's "Cruel Shoes", which I've since replaced. That thief had weird tastes.

<small>[ December 29, 2005, 11:06 AM: Message edited by: Dave L ]</small>
Buster Wants To Fish

Adams

Post by Adams » Thu Dec 29, 2005 11:17 am

For some reason, I can't keep a copy of this in my possession. It's been stolen, broken and otherwise disappeared. The first time was, of course, vinyl, and it disappeared with a copy of the Mackenzie Bros. [/img]reat White North" album and a hardcover copy of Steve Martin's "Cruel Shoes", which I've since replaced. That thief had weird tastes.
Perhaps we met some time ago. Coincidentally, during my college years I ended up with a copy of Great White North on vinyl, and for the life of me never figured out how it ended up in my collection. . . but I swear I didn't steal Cruel Shoes.
If you need a reason to drink, you have a problem. . .

"I just think it's funny that the one constant in this place over the past five years is that it was a cool place right up until the next person joined." nemo

When life gives you limes, it's Gods way of telling you that you're an idiot. spudnik

Smithhammer

Post by Smithhammer » Thu Dec 29, 2005 11:22 am

Originally posted by Dave L:n
time was, of course, vinyl, and it disappeared with a copy of the Mackenzie Bros. [/img]reat White North" album and a hardcover copy of Steve Martin's "Cruel Shoes", which I've since replaced.
Wow - "Cruel Shoes." There's a literary masterpiece I haven't thought of in a while. Don't know what happened to my copy either. An example of Mr. Martin's visionary prose: Yes, she was witty; she was intelligent. She was born of high station. She spoke and walked proudly. She was the kind who displayed nobility, who showed style and class. But above all, she had the jugs. Many people called her by her last name; some closer friends had a confidence with her and shared the intimacy of her first name. But to me, she was always "Lady jugs a-plenty." It is true. She was clever and she was charming, but above all, she had the jugs. :coffee:
"I expect more from the man who gave us all boobies and pie..." - epon

Buster Wants to Fish

Mouthful of Feathers

Vermonter

Post by Vermonter » Thu Dec 29, 2005 11:24 am

For you pissing Pogues fans: recommend [/img]f I Should Fall From Grace - The Shane Macgowan Story". A wondeful DVD.
"Some call it losin'', some call it a gain. Some call it sunshine, then piss on the rain."

WT

Post by WT » Thu Dec 29, 2005 11:31 am

Originally posted by Vermonter:n For you pissing Pogues fans: recommend [/img]f I Should Fall From Grace - The Shane Macgowan Story". A wondeful DVD.
Since we've moved on to DVDs I'm gonna have to enlighten all y'all about "The Dirty South live at the 40 Watt" - Drive by Truckers. It fukkin eh rocks!n WT, 'ol Dirty Bastard

<small>[ December 29, 2005, 11:32 AM: Message edited by: WT ]</small>

creeklover

Post by creeklover » Thu Dec 29, 2005 11:36 am

WT........you are a man of great taste. It's a great dvd. I get to see those guys play at least four times a year and they never dissapoint. Besides they're native Alabammuhians.

Salty

Post by Salty » Thu Dec 29, 2005 12:22 pm

Well since we moved off the hot new sub-underground bands, here's my list of cd's currently in recycle this year:Phish- Picture of Nectar, Wedge (corrected to Rift thanks to Dave L) and A Live Onen Social Distortion- Social Distortionn Rancid- Out Come the Wolvesn Jimmy Buffet- Live in Las Vegas and Live Tuesdays, Thursdays and Saturdaysn Allman Brothers- Live at the Filmore Eastn Grateful Dead- Dicks Picks Volume 3 and Europe '72n Steve Earl- Copperhead Road and Guitar Townn Waylon Jennings- Honky Tonk Heroesn Gillian Welch- Soul Journeyn Various Artists- Blue Grass Mountain Stylen Dr Dre- The Chronicn Strangefolk- Loren Jayhawks- Tomorrow the Green Grassn Johnny Cash- Unchainedn Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers- Pack up the Plantation Liven Wilco- Being Theren The Pogues- Peace and Loven Black 47- Fire of Freedom

<small>[ December 29, 2005, 04:57 PM: Message edited by: Salty in Tampa ]</small>
Ryan

http://busterwantstofish.com

"a complete lack on intellectual curiosity, and a sense of humor that make beavis and butthead look like NPR commentators" Fyshnutz