This forum is for general topics. Keep all posts, images, etc safe for those who read the forum at work. Post only that content that you'd want your mama to read. Violators will be banned.
By Flats Dude
an excerpt from my article [/img]ax"..."The lumps in our throats and the mist in our eyes are still fresh. But Max is just over the rise, and he’s okay.I never trusted anyone that didn’t like dogs. Dogs are unconditional. No matter what mood you happen to be in, they are always there to cheer you up, to laugh with you, to celebrate your excitement and entertain you, no matter what. I wondered why dogs don’t live as long as we do. I figure this. We, as humans, live longer mostly, in order to get “thingsâ€
By Smithhammer
You have probably all seen this, and it is a little corny, but what the hell, I think it it hits the nail on the head: Things We Can Learn From a Dog Never pass up the opportunity for a joyride.Allow the experiences of fresh air and the wind in your face to be pure ecstasy.When loved ones come home, always run to greet them.When it’s in your best interest, practice obedience.Let others know when they’ve invaded your territory.Take naps and stretch before rising.Run, romp and play daily.Eat with gusto and enthusiasm.Be loyal.Never pretend to be something you’re not.If what you want lies buried, dig till you find it.When someone is having a bad day, be silent, sit close by and nuzzle them gently.Thrive on attention and let people touch you.Avoid biting people when a simple growl will do.On hot days, drink lots of water and lay under a shady tree.When you’re happy, dance around and wag your entire body.No matter how often you’re scolded, don’t buy into the guilt thing and pout...run back and make friends.Bond with your pack.Delight in the simple joy of a long walk.- Ruth Carter
:cool:
By Brookies Rule
Sorry to hear Creek, My condolences to you and yours for the loss. I will take my eight year old lab Angus for an extra special run and fetch in honor of Jeb.
By Nemo
Wow, Smithhammer, that is one of the coolest things I've ever read. Don't know how I've missed that over the years, but I have. Creeklover, Trask turns ten next week and I am not looking forward to the day when he heads for that big pond in the sky. Since you mention that Jeb wasn't much of a duck dog, I will tell you this: he couldn't have been worse than Trask, who not only fell asleep in the blind the first time we went duck hunting, but on his first retreive, came back with the decoy instead of the duck.There's nothing like a lab, and yes, as has been pointed out several times in this thread, it never ceases to amaze me how dogs can simply be so much cooler tha
people sometimes. Our thoughts are with you and Jeb. I'll let Trask mess up my next trout hole on Jeb's behalf.
By FliesOnly
Creek, I feel for you......My yellow lab just turned 10 in October and my entire family adores him... I do not want to think about what it will feel like to lose him. He is not the brightest of labs: he eats the kids socks and brings them back up in the middle of the night..... But we do love him. My favorite story came last year when we were grouse/woodcock hunting... he had just put up a woodcock and I dropped him... about 2 minutes after the retrieve, he starts acting birdy again and I can barely see him 10 yards away.... I hear a yelp and he comes crashing through the woods with exactly 24 porcupine quills in his snout.... Leave it to him to try and "point" a porcupine! I will never leave home without my leatherman! I felt so bad that on the drive home, I had to stop and get him a McD cheeseburger-his favorite treat.

I been a nurse 25years, most of that in the ICU ta[…]

Thumbing Through Some SBSs

BRF’s Summer Stone https://live.static[…]

Unlimited "New Music Friday"

https://youtu.be/lui6aP_expk

i lime thongs https://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y[…]

Subscribe to The Drake Magazine