This forum is for general topics. Keep all posts, images, etc safe for those who read the forum at work. Post only that content that you'd want your mama to read. Violators will be banned.
By Smithhammer
Ok, I've made my love of Maker's well known. But it's not an either/or thing - I like bourbon, and I enjoy good scotch too. So, favorite scotches out there?Oban is one of me faves. Not as "peaty" as Laphriog, but good mellow smoky sippin. Aye. :(
By befuddled
I'm no expert, and I'm VERY biased, being a southerner an' all, but........Scotch and Bourbon in the same post?n The Shame! :p n befuddled

<small>[ February 16, 2006, 09:21 PM: Message edited by: befuddled ]</small>
By Smithhammer
LOL - yeah, barley, corn, it's all good. Not above a little Jamesons' on the rocks either, which is probably sacrilege to a devout scotch afficionado as well.

<small>[ February 17, 2006, 08:01 AM: Message edited by: Smithhammer ]</small>
By shutupandfish
Shammer, I'm with you on MM. I like to breaking the red wax seal on a new $30 bottle (the same size I think you get for $24 wherever you live, you dawg) and hearing that deep gurgle-gurgle-gurgle. :(
By Jed
Glenlivet works for me! Also add Jamiesons to my list. I don't do Scotch so that's not on my list, but for burbon I like Ol' Grandad's 101 proof. My more recent favorite drink is Vodka. Not the regular junk that most people associate with the word, but the good stuff. Stolichnya Gold is the best readily available brand, but we had some Russian visitors here and they brought the real thing that is made in Samyra. Its smooth like table wine (it is generally drunk like wine with dinner) and carries a punch that will knock you into next week. Wish I could get it locally.jed
By Smithhammer
Originally posted by Jed:n Glenlivet works for me! Also add Jamiesons to my list. I don't do Scotch so that's not on my list, but for burbon I like Ol' Grandad's 101 proof. My more recent favorite drink is Vodka. n jed
Jed- I believe Glenlivet and Jameson's are both scotches. The former being a "whisky," and the latter a "whiskey." Course, to confuse matters further, bourbon is also a whiskey, but not a whisky. But as a fan of liqour made from tubers, you're off the hook.Kidding. :cool:
By badnots
Ushers green stripe - thanks,Dadn Scotches need love too.
By Smithhammer
The famous historian and chronicler Raphaël Holinshed wrote the following about the results of distillation of malted barley in his "Chronicles of England, Scotland and Ireland" in the 16th century:"Being moderately taken, it slows the age, it cuts phlegm, it lightens the mind, it quickens the spirit, it cures the dropsy, it heals the strangulation, it pounces the stone, it repels gravel, it pulls away ventositie, it keeps and preserves the head from whirling, the eyes from dazzling, the tongue from lisping, the mouth from snuffling, the teeth from chattering, the throat from rattling, the weasan from stiffing, the stomach from womblying, the heart from swelling, the belly from wincing, the guts from rumbling, the hands from shivering, the sinews from shrinking, the veins from crumpling, the bones from aching, the marrow from soaking, and truly it is a sovereign liquor if it be orderly taken."Scotch - it's a health drink. :(
Spring in the SE AK

One month a year. OK, maybe 6 weeks. That's abou[…]

Thumbing Through Some SBSs

Koichi’s Spruce Moth https://live.stat[…]

Roughfish swap (Heero backed out)

A beefier version of the primordial*...corona hook[…]

The return of Stolen Hours

4/4/20 #15 With no daytime generation on the r[…]

Subscribe to The Drake Magazine