Friday Cheer Through Pics

This forum is for general topics. Keep all posts, images, etc safe for those who read the forum at work. Post only that content that you'd want your mama to read. Violators will be banned.
skullion childs

Re: Friday Cheer Through Pics

Post by skullion childs » Fri Mar 03, 2017 1:42 pm

[report]Turnabout and all that.

Ginseng Sullivan casting

Ginseng Sullivan catching[/report]
"It ain't over 'till the Fatman swims" (The CC)

McH

Post by McH » Fri Mar 03, 2017 2:00 pm

[report]never enough bamboo in this place
Image[/report]
you know what i am a strong fan of..... fishing and not being a douche bag. - alteredstates

For fucks sake, its just fishing...it ain't that cool. - Vito

Who the fuck comes home from fishing EARLY? A guy that whipped deserves to get cheated on.- yard4sale

Bears Fan

Post by Bears Fan » Fri Mar 03, 2017 6:39 pm

[report]I lost one of the two flies I brought with on the backcast at my first stop. There was mowing and dredging debris floating everywhere, and a leaf hatch. It was very windy and the gunk, trash, and other miscellaneous Styrofoam stacked up making about half of the water unfishable with the gear I had (No doubt there were some big bass sitting under that stuff). On my second cast I hooked a snag on the far side of the stream but somehow managed to work it free after about 10 minutes. Bass were chasing fry around seemingly every weed bed. Bass that wanted little to do with the very large elkhair caddis I had tied on. I could not seal the deal selling it fished wet as a minnow. At the tail of the last pool I hooked a group of three thorny vines about 6' below me and broke the leader attempting to retrieve my last and only fly. A 3" trail of curled mono kept the fly in the plants and I somehow got it to stay hooked on the tip top of my rod just long enough to retrieve it. By the time it was on a new leader the fly had dried out and was sitting high on the water again, like a wind blown grasshopper.

Occasionally a fish big enough to take down grasshoppers that dropped into one of the tiny pockets of water between the floating crap would do just that.

For once it is good to end the day on a perfect troutset.

Image[/report]
"Some days you win, some you lose, and some get rained out." - Outcast

kish

Post by kish » Fri Mar 03, 2017 9:42 pm

That trout's kinda chubby.
“We act as though comfort and luxury were the chief requirements of life, when all that we need to make us really happy is something to be enthusiastic about.” Charles Kingsley

Mad_Mike

Post by Mad_Mike » Fri Mar 03, 2017 10:17 pm

Spicytuna wrote:
Mad_Mike wrote:[report]Whip upgrades... I swear it's always something with a damn boat... but got help me if I don't love em'...

Image[/report]
When the color of your legs match the color of the boat you need to get more sun.

Sweet sled and I'm sure it will turn out bad ass.

Looking good, I have my own project going on right now I am hoping to finalize this weekend.
The deck is tan.. so technically we are doing alright... But when you have the level of sun we deal with here in the south.. you better stay covered up... pretty much all year round..
Mad Mike
Somebody just back of you while you are fishing is as bad as someone looking over your shoulder while you write a letter to your girl. - Hemingway

Leonardo DiCaprio wins at life! - Row vs. Wade

Mad_Mike

Post by Mad_Mike » Fri Mar 03, 2017 10:20 pm

Redchaser wrote:
Mad_Mike wrote:[report]Whip upgrades... I swear it's always something with a damn boat... but got help me if I don't love em'...

Image[/report]
Looks tippy
probly less tippy than that skiff you pole around down in LA... wanna dispute that? come on up and test it out for yourself...

But for real.. its not bad... but with two full grown men on the boat, one must be mindful of his fellow passengers movements before making movements of his own.. its only courtesy after all...
Mad Mike
Somebody just back of you while you are fishing is as bad as someone looking over your shoulder while you write a letter to your girl. - Hemingway

gankadank

Post by gankadank » Fri Mar 03, 2017 11:13 pm

[report]last summer

here's to having sketchy friends

:cool[/report]
yeah; rumspringa came late.... :smile

fatman

Genome

Post by Genome » Sat Mar 04, 2017 9:34 am

Love it gank. We need to get on some water this year.

Redchaser

Post by Redchaser » Sat Mar 04, 2017 10:26 am

Mad_Mike wrote:
Redchaser wrote:

Image[/report]
Looks tippy
probly less tippy than that skiff you pole around down in LA... wanna dispute that? come on up and test it out for yourself...

But for real.. its not bad... but with two full grown men on the boat, one must be mindful of his fellow passengers movements before making movements of his own.. its only courtesy after all...
I'm sure it's great Mike "looks tippy" is just the standard interweb BB reply anytime a skiff pic gets posted.
"... don’t let your life become the sloppy leftovers of your work" Jim Harrison

"Put in the effort and good things happen"... Hogleg

"Salinity is proportional to sanity for sure" ..The Volfish

Redchaser.com, all about Louisiana Fly Fishing

The Wandering Blues

Post by The Wandering Blues » Sat Mar 04, 2017 12:49 pm

[report]Had fun assisting New England College rugby on Friday at the USA 7's. They finished 5th overall in a 28 team college bracket in their first outing for the year. My little bro is the Coach. Beer drinking followed.
Image[/report]
"We're a cross between our parents and hippies in a tent...."
180 Degrees South

jerms

Post by jerms » Sun Mar 05, 2017 2:31 pm

Mad_Mike wrote:

Or you could just both pile all together in the motorwell... :cool
A long long slow walk in the spartina gives you time to think big thoughts and put your mind back into order.

Mad_Mike

Post by Mad_Mike » Sun Mar 05, 2017 3:49 pm

jerms wrote:
Mad_Mike wrote:

Or you could just both pile all together in the motorwell... :cool

Tried that once.. didn't play out too well
Mad Mike