This forum is for general topics. Keep all posts, images, etc safe for those who read the forum at work. Post only that content that you'd want your mama to read. Violators will be banned.
By fishskibum
hes a day late cause his skin dads a slacker
but hr puppystuff sends cheers
and lookin forward to fishin you fucks soon as the snow melts
By The Wandering Blues
We dropped down to City of Rocks State Park, south of Silver City, NM for a little boondocking. No fishing, though the famed Gila Trout can be found about 75 miles north of us.

I bought a point & shoot camera with full manual capability- the first camera I’ve owned in a couple of years. I tried to shake the rust off with some night sky shots. An amazing place to camp, and there are hot springs about a mile down the road.

By Kfoxwyo
Very Nice WB-also noting where you are and that there is a hot spring down the road.....
By The Wandering Blues
Kfoxwyo wrote: Sat Mar 09, 2019 10:16 am Very Nice WB-also noting where you are and that there is a hot spring down the road.....
A cool place. A lot of desert rats, euros in Earthroamer type rigs, and photographers. We’ll be back.
By Kfoxwyo
Good to know, I doubt that I will make it that far South on this upcoming trip. Picking up my rig in Grand Junction CO. heading towards Capital Reef, Escalante then likely Death Valley and back home. No fly rod this trip either...just day hikes and ideally day hikes at the end of 4-wheel drive roads....I do love me some hippy desert kind of girls.
By V Wake
True story. I was on a climbing trip in J Tree in December 2004. My buddy and I had hiked out to find a route way the hell off the beaten path and seemed to have the whole place to ourselves. Absolute middle of nowhere, just us and the cold wind. Until we heard voices from the other side of the rocks. We took a look. As I came around the corner and looked up all I saw was blonde hair and climbing pants. So I watched, as one does, and eventually my buddy and I walked back to our gear and got ready for our climb. As I sat on the ground putting on my climbing shoes I felt someone walk up and look down at me. It was the blonde in her climbing pants, and she said my name. “Knox? From Bristol?” I looked up at her, and no shit, it was a girl I’d gone all the way through elementary school and high school with but had never really known. Some things in life you can’t argue with, so you can guess what the rest of that road trip was like.
By Kfoxwyo
That would be a very nice surprise V Wake....Cant really argue with fate. This spot is not in Bishop, but I plan to hit one or two around Bishop on the way back in a few weeks.
By The Wandering Blues
Kfoxwyo wrote: Sun Mar 10, 2019 11:40 am That would be a very nice surprise V Wake....Cant really argue with fate. This spot is not in Bishop, but I plan to hit one or two around Bishop on the way back in a few weeks.
My old stomping grounds. If you need any intel, don’t hesitate to PM me. That goes for fishing and dining.
Friday Cheer Through Pics

If youve any water left by July that is... Th[…]

Reads

Glad you're enjoying it Obie. I owe Tom a big th[…]

Brood X

damn i guess its been 17 yeqrs since i went back t[…]

whatcha tying?

A little smalljaw treat. 20210118_161823.jpg

Subscribe to The Drake Magazine