Tell us the tunes you are jamming on the way to the water

This forum is for general topics. Keep all posts, images, etc safe for those who read the forum at work. Post only that content that you'd want your mama to read. Violators will be banned.
Golden

Re: Tell us the tunes you are jamming on the way to the water

Post by Golden » Thu Jan 03, 2008 1:08 pm

Snagly pretty much nailed it for me too. How in the heck do you listen to any of this stuff in Singapore - XM or what. The only thing you left out is some hot licks from Deep Purple...we have a local pacifica public radio station (KPFT) here in HTown that plays good shit all day sat and sun. If you want some texas rock to Wille sat AM, hot texas jams Sat PM, badass blues Sunday AM is the schniz...great blues to rock during mid day or if you want some homespun bluegrass Sun PM but otherwise KPFT sucks way too political and liberal. Other bad thing about this station is that they have a very weak transmitter - doesn't reach the Coast except Galveston (sister station). HOWEVER - Victoria Station Texas radio 95.7 covers the full gambit and as I've said before "they rule the coast. Nothing but good tunes for driving, fishing or the ole in and out - what else is there?
"She had an ass like a ten year old boy." --- Monkey Brains, East Matty Bake '09

jerome

Post by jerome » Thu Jan 03, 2008 1:29 pm

That country/americana station out of New Braunsfel,Tx has to be the best regular radio station I have ever heard... :bow
92.1 is the shit, great for burning one or drinkin cold beer beside the Guad....

here sometimes i can pick up a wanna-be texas co. station out of monroe,ga... called "The Bull"
they play some boland,fowler,robinson, etc... and some older stuff.. alot better than shit in atlanta or macon..... The river isnt bad compared to other choices for oldies..
"Being tossed from The Drake for excessive assholery is a bit like being thrown out of the Rolling Stones for profligate abuse of drugs and booze." - Ajax

SageBrush

Post by SageBrush » Thu Jan 03, 2008 3:28 pm

The Suck .......C.D's , Versions 1 through 5
Includes Songs in the Key of Suck and Legend of Jocko Macoco (sp)
:cool

From the Golden Age of The Drake....... :Roll Eyes
Sage
nemo wrote: Guys, guys, please. I just got an e-mail from Mr. Ormsby, and it seems he was a bit offended that you didn't take time to read his novel, not to mention that you made fun of his Canadianess.

Rhyacophila

Post by Rhyacophila » Thu Jan 03, 2008 4:56 pm

Snagly wrote:But for the #1 Highway Drive Song of all-time, it's still "Radar Love". Second place: "Magic Carpet Ride". Third prize: "Purple Haze". Honorable mention, "Free Ride"
I'll agree that Radar Love is a great Highway tune, but it don't top Highway Star :wink
I guess being fat and ugly isn't enough for the powder monkey - hes got to be an asshole too. (RvW)

rhodyflyguy

Post by rhodyflyguy » Thu Jan 03, 2008 5:05 pm

Red Hot Chili Peppers
Led Zeppelin
Iron Maiden
Sublime
Arctic Monkeys
Reel Big Fish

alanthealan

Post by alanthealan » Thu Jan 03, 2008 6:29 pm

Not a cd man.
Mostly Sirus: Jam On 17; Keller Williams, Dave Mathews, String Cheese Incident, Greatful Dead 32; Throwing stones, sugar mag, taped live stuff, Bluegrass 65; Doc Watson, David Grisom, Alison Kruass, Thyrd Time Out, Bela Fleck, classics like Bill Monroe.
2014 is the year!!!

SOBF

Post by SOBF » Thu Jan 03, 2008 6:40 pm

David Alan Coe
Johnnie Cash
Steve Earle

Yard Sale

Post by Yard Sale » Thu Jan 03, 2008 7:43 pm

Holy sheee-ite, some of these look like the inventory at Tower records....how far do you guys drive to fish?

For me its:

David Bromberg
Ethiopians
Ericka Bhadu-mamas gun
Desmond Decker
Shady Grove Band
Wilson Picket or Otis Redding

And best for last: Toots and the Maytals
[quote="locogringo"]I used to wear those Skagit shorts but they were too loose and sometimes would expose my d loop and my perry poke would fall out.[/]

Snagly

Post by Snagly » Thu Jan 03, 2008 7:46 pm

Singapore FM English language radio is a nightmare of 1970's AM hits (Bread is probably the #1 or #2 band, neck and neck with Chicago and the Bee Gees) delivered by US-trained DeeJays paired up for PG-rated drive time patter. CD car stereo sales exceed car sales (in case your CD changer breaks down en route, you'll want a redundant system).

The point is largely moot, however, on two counts:

1. I have my own compilation driving to fishing CDs that get played on fishing trips (either on the plane or in the rental rig)

2. There is no fishing to drive to in Singapore. Even if you fish with dynamite, there's bugger all public water that holds fish in any concentration. Every creek mouth as a net 100% across it on an outgoing tide. Most reservoirs banned fishing to avoid contaminating emergency drinking water (which is a shame because there are some honking big fish cruising the shoreline). There are a couple of pay ponds where you take the kids, chum like crazy and test out the fly gear on teased-to-the-top rental barramundi of 10lbs or so.

Nice to see some kindred spirits (Ajax, Golden) in respect of music tastes. Other heavy rotation drive tunes from the Snagly tunes-to-get-you-beating-the-time-on-the-dashboard while the defrost is roaring, the truck is rumbling, it's still dark outside and the tie downs for the inflatable boat on the roof remind you that it's another day floating the river and life is gooood:

LA Woman
Heroes
American Fool
Born to Run
Who's Next
Out of Exile
Back in Black
Building the Perfect Beast
London Calling
Dark Side/ Wish You
American Beauty/ Workingman's
Fear of Music
Exile
Southern Accents
Hunky Dory
Revolver
Trouble Is
Making Movies
My Aim is True
Quadraphenia
Shake Your Money Maker/ Southern Gentlemen's
Waiting for Columbus
Who By Numbers
Nothing Left to Lose
Twelve Dreams of Dr. Sardonicus
Win, Lose or Draw
All Can't Leave Behind
"You despise me, don't you?" Rick "If I gave you any thought I probably would."

Smithhammer

Post by Smithhammer » Thu Jan 03, 2008 8:11 pm

Split Lip Rayfield
Trailer Bride
The Knitters
DBT
Kings of Leon
Jon Spencer Blues Explosion
The Waco Brothers
Wayne Hancock
Robert Belfour
Devil in a Woodpile
Scott Biram
Junior Kimbrough
Calexico
Bad Livers
\
:smile
"I expect more from the man who gave us all boobies and pie..." - epon

Buster Wants to Fish

Mouthful of Feathers

Plow

Post by Plow » Fri Jan 04, 2008 6:35 pm

Canned Heat
Bob Marley
The Band
Jimmie Dale Gilmore
Leon Russell
Neal Young
Neville Brothers
Asleep at the Wheel
Guy Clark
Tom Waits
Van the Man
Jerry Jeff
Waybacks
Nanci Griffith

On the way back maybe some Bill Hicks, Cream or Allmans (Fillmore) depending how the day went
Better Reds than dead...

Oldog
Location: I've never been to Spain, but I've been to Oklahoma

Post by Oldog » Sun Jan 06, 2008 12:18 pm

This weekend was a mix of

Guy Clark
Steve Goodman
Bruce Springstein
John Prine
Jackson Brown
Tom Petty
Buffet
I punched an unemployed actor, defending her dignity. When he stood up and knocked me through the bar room door that girl came home with me. JBrowne