This forum is for general topics. Keep all posts, images, etc safe for those who read the forum at work. Post only that content that you'd want your mama to read. Violators will be banned.
By CaptHarry
It's been slow this season, but the fish gods finally let us have a good one.
As we rode across the bridge looking down at the area we were going to fish, it looked rough and sloppy.(Not that we can't take it, but some times you just don't want the beat down) Stopped in at a scenic overlook to decide if we should pay the rest of the tolls and fees to even attempt. We could see that we could run in the lee of the wind against the shoreline, but that would hold us into fishing only a few spots. So we flipped a coin, first 2 out of 3 said we were going. Boes-man then announced, "You guys know we are going, lets just go get it over with" So onward we rolled with a six pack of Corona, a flask of heat, and a 40oz of Old-E freedom. Had a nice run to location 1, set up and waited for darkness to fall over us. As soon as the senses had settled in, it didn't take long, started seeing a few small fish now and then, then the first big girl of the night rolled up. Took a couple of casts, got the fly right in front of her, and watched her accelerate opening the bucket mouth, as she exploded on it throwing water everywhere. Put the high heat of a 10wt on her, and landed in about 10 minutes.
A few minutes later, D-Man is on the bow, another explosive cinderblock strike. After 5 minutes of battle, hook pulls. Waited for a while, with no more big fish coming by.
The wind let up, so we started moving around to other spots. D-Man hooking another big one, only to have the hook pull again. (I started wondering about his shit at that point and punched him in the nuts) Tide slacked up, so we started drinking all of the rations, and shifted to the other side. Imediately started seeing small fish. We continued searching and frustration was just starting to mount; then we fell through the space time portal to where the fish were at. On the next light as we pulled in, I could see 6-7 big girls waiting. For the next hour and a half or so, we stayed doubled up and even tripled a few times on big girls. Did the albie/tuna dance around each other a few times, etc......
This is the hatch to match. One of the girls coughed up two of these sweet partialy digested menhadens.
...and they just kept coming...
Probably got 20 larger fish to the boat, pulled/broke off a few, and missed a few. The bite finally slowed, it was late, and my buzz was gone. Turned the bow toward the ramp and layed the hammer down across calm seas for the ride back. Head hit the pillow, tired, weathered, happy; yet not quite sure if we had made the jump back through the space/time portal into reality or not. Monday has arrived, and as I sit in flourescent lit cubicle hell, I realize that yes we did indeed make that jump back and reality sucks.
Later, Harry
By Rhyacophila
Holy Smokes Capt Harry - Thats a reely nice report :cheer
By Lando
Nice fat cows.........................those make trout look like bait.
By Ajax
That's a good night. Last fish I hooked that chunky was a carp. Now I feel bad.
By viking
Holy shit what a night! Thanks for the post :cool
By fat tire
Well done son. You deserve it after the season you've had. When is it my turn?
Did you keep the haden for sushi?
By TokenGirl
Holy Crap!!! Is it remotely normal to catch this many big fish in one night? If so, I am coming to visit.
By Ricky Bobby
Looks like a crappy night....
Niiiiiccceee!
By Shufisher
Who knew Hawaii was such a striper hotbed?

Nicely done!
By Natural Fly
Ho-Dawg, you didn't mention, who chugged the 40?
By flymph
CaptHarry wrote: Image
The inverted shocker, sweet!
Attitude

Wrong thread for newb fuckery, Fanny.

“ Well you may not know it but this man's a […]

I finally put down the booze long enough to packag[…]

Thumbing Through Some SBSs

Reece’s Surface Assassin (variation) h[…]

Subscribe to The Drake Magazine