I found a fish pic!

This forum is for general topics. Keep all posts, images, etc safe for those who read the forum at work. Post only that content that you'd want your mama to read. Violators will be banned.
Mr. Don

I found a fish pic!

Post by Mr. Don » Fri Jan 25, 2008 8:52 pm

I knew I had to have a picture of a fish somewhere. This one was stashed away in my rod building folder. Busted the rods cherry. Look how nice and clean the cork is.

thank you

[report]Image[/report]
"I'm a wed-hot sportsman after wild game." E. Fudd

m.b.

Re: I found a fish pic!

Post by m.b. » Fri Jan 25, 2008 9:01 pm

nice shot.
III

Plow

Post by Plow » Fri Jan 25, 2008 10:52 pm

That’s a proper busting! :cool
Better Reds than dead...

m.b.

Post by m.b. » Fri Jan 25, 2008 10:53 pm

what kind of reel is that?
III

Nemeth

Post by Nemeth » Fri Jan 25, 2008 11:15 pm

Smallies make me happy, nice one. River or lake?
"They'd tow their canoe up to the top of the island and the more it wobbled, the better endowed their firstborn son would be... Old river people tradition." - D-Nymph

Pat

Post by Pat » Sat Jan 26, 2008 3:23 am

smallmouth bass are cool.
Well, I've got a colour telly, and a fridge. I've got some pork chops in the fridge, but the chops keep going off, so I have to keep buying more.

-Syd Barrett.

jerome

Post by jerome » Sat Jan 26, 2008 8:27 am

:cool
"Being tossed from The Drake for excessive assholery is a bit like being thrown out of the Rolling Stones for profligate abuse of drugs and booze." - Ajax

Mr. Don

Post by Mr. Don » Sat Jan 26, 2008 9:40 am

monkey brains wrote:what kind of reel is that?
It's an Orvis. Rocky Mt. Turbine or something like that.

I wasn't going to admit this on this forum but most of my stuff is Orvis. I live like 300 yards from the only Fly shop in the area and it is an Orvis and the owner is a friend.

Go ahead blast my ass.
"I'm a wed-hot sportsman after wild game." E. Fudd

Kyner

Post by Kyner » Sat Jan 26, 2008 9:51 am

I think Orvis gear is fine and good, it's just that they sell all that other fag homo yuppie shit which casts a supposed dubious light upon thier real fly gear.

I don't own any but here in CO we have a fly shop every 2 blocks and only 2 or 3 in the whole state are Orvis. They haven't quite broken the market very well out West here for some reason. At any rate, there was a time some years ago when they sold thier shit along side everyone elses in shops across the land and I had used some of it back then but now a days I need to go out of my way to fondle it so all the other companies will get my dollar.

But it's still good shit.
I am all about the love now, fellas. You can FOAD if you don't like the love, OK? OK.

jerome

Post by jerome » Sat Jan 26, 2008 10:03 am

good reels for the money.. I have one of the first RMLA 7/8's... I have abused and beat the shit out of the reel.. never failed. Fished salt alot when i first got it and all i ever did was hosed it off and cleaned it good when i got back. Caught snook, etc... LMB's, hybrids, stripers. even tied up pellet flies for catfish in a friends small pond, got the big ones feeding and caught 10-15 lbers on flies.... got a regular RM 3/4 also that i have used for almost 10 yrs.. also abused...

a little pricey on some stuff bt Nothing wrong with Orvis other than wonderline.imo.. cant beat the customer service at Buckhead store plus the annual warehouse sale and online sales... Most my shit i got when i started was Orvis. The guys at BPS pissed me off so i went to the buckhead store. Luckily they have 2 managers that fish all the time, i mean really great flyfishermen and are not out to rob you if you dont know better... Got me set up and actually think it cut out a large chunk of learning curve for me. :cool
"Being tossed from The Drake for excessive assholery is a bit like being thrown out of the Rolling Stones for profligate abuse of drugs and booze." - Ajax

Wingnut

Post by Wingnut » Sat Jan 26, 2008 5:03 pm

Some of WhOrvis' reels are bomb proof but the rods suck, imo.
Where can I buy some wanderlust?

tim_s

Post by tim_s » Sat Jan 26, 2008 5:58 pm

those rocks look familiar....
Fly Fishing in Maine - http://flyfishinginmaine.com/