This forum is for general topics. Keep all posts, images, etc safe for those who read the forum at work. Post only that content that you'd want your mama to read. Violators will be banned.
By Jamespio
Nice boat.

Wouldn't you have been better off pulling the outboard while you did the work?
By viking
fat tire wrote:epol..I was thinking more like night rider. In honor of the kits rebirth. for you...
do you think she would look good in my boat?

that boat's stealthy as hell! Hope she tags along for a ride.

Nice work.
By fat tire
Ricky....all you have to do is show up. Beer and gas are usually on board.

TP....I thought about trim tabs, but the areas we fish usually have some big water to get in...and where it stops I pole the rest of the way. We havn't needed them so far. Come on up!

fah Q...Can't help but repeat epols response...show us your boat shit stain. And whatever it is...I can gaurantee that boat...can get into skinnier water than anything youv'e got macho man. And believe me...you will see plenty of bandito pics taken from her. Keep up the good work monkey spunk.

James..I tapped her close. I didn't want to mess with it.

Thanks indy, cliff and viking
Last edited by fat tire on Sat Feb 02, 2008 8:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
By Natural Fly
epol wrote:That's a rhetorical question, surely.

I cannot publicly endorse anything that the Hoff was involved in, he poo poo'd the bed. Jan-Michael Vincent is much cooler!

Whatever you call it, that's one slick looking floater
:cool
Don't Hassel the Hoff!
By jerome
Post up your boat pics, Fah Q.......... do you even have a boat????? :wink
By fat tire
FlyPhisher....lay off of fay Q. He can't help the way he is. Blame it on his parents failure to talk him into believing that little thing was a dick.

Natty...I just found your new man towel! Thanks.
By Redchaser
Very nice rig. I'm a big fan of making good functional flats boats on the cheap.

This is my rig Image

If you do start getting a lot of hull slap (which you really shouldn't since you have that little modified v up front) take one of those foam pool noodles, run a string through it and tie off the ends on each side of the boat, then hang the noodle off the front of the boat so it's sitting right on the waterline across the front of the boat, it will knock down a lot of slap, and is small, light and easily stowable (so you can put it away before anybody at the ramp see's you with it).

Tight Lines,

Ron
By fat tire
Nice red-ron. Thanks for the tip. I fished with this boat quit a bit last year. I just gave it a new look. You will get some hull slap if I'm fishing the grass line with a lil' chop on the water. Most the time the boat finds its way into the grass in 4" to 2' of water. Hull slap is not a problem in there. Looks like your rig needs someone to hold down the bow. I will volunteer.
By Ajax
Great job, FT. Looks like the fuckin' Death Star to me.
By Redchaser
fat tire wrote:Nice red-ron. Thanks for the tip. I fished with this boat quit a bit last year. I just gave it a new look. You will get some hull slap if I'm fishing the grass line with a lil' chop on the water. Most the time the boat finds its way into the grass in 4" to 2' of water. Hull slap is not a problem in there. Looks like your rig needs someone to hold down the bow. I will volunteer.
Finding volunteers usually ain't tough, but if you are ever this way drop a line. I'm over by the Texas boarder, not in the New Orleans area. I have my battery mounted under the front deck so she actually floats pretty level. Carolina's are kind of bow heavy anyway (you should try lifting the front of the trailer on this bitch). I have the trolling motor mounted right now because this time of year I'm mostly fishing the lake for big specks, but come spring the T.M. comes off and I'm poling in 6 inches or less.

Tight Lines,

Ron
By Oldog
Nice work Fat

That could do a lot of time in on some rivers around here carp hunting I do believe.

Bet Sage will like it too with the deck treatment.
By jerome
i cant believe i hadnt had the idea about the pool noodles.... Glad you said that Red... I have some in storage that blew off someones deck boat i think... That will make my polarcraft even more stealthy..... :cool

I thought the point of having a well used boat was to modify it, etc. other than the bass guys that feel they need a new $50,000 rig every year.......I say that is the point of buying a cheaper and more functional fish catching machine, the cheaper you can do it the better and most times its better than if you paid someone else to do it... :gun
So you want to own a flyshop?

Great stuff, Rich, keep em coming.

In 20+ Years of off the grid camping in Western Mo[…]

Friday Cheer Through Pics

Got absolutely schooled here recently. https://i.[…]

The return of Stolen Hours

March 3, 2021 #7 Gas $2.55 Drove on up expectin[…]

Subscribe to The Drake Magazine