This forum is for general topics. Keep all posts, images, etc safe for those who read the forum at work. Post only that content that you'd want your mama to read. Violators will be banned.
By BigCliff
A Beer Advocate review-
New beer offered by NBB in January 2008. Pours a two finger soda-pop-like head over a crystal clear birght-orange tinted gold liquid. Smells earthy hop just eeking out over citrusy hop aroma. Citrus is more orange than grapefruit and is not pithy at all. Comes more across as oil from the most outer zest of a valenzia orange (spelling?).
I had forgotten that level of beer nerdery was possible. Lawdy Lawdy.
By Kromagnum
Lots of beer floating around...lots of beer. Some of the suggestions that have been mentioned I would agree with, some I have never tried (that turbo looks very tasty), and some I would pass (fucking chill, what the fuck)... Anywho, my little list of beers in no particular order:

Boat Beer: Budweiser or for the laymen Red, white, Dynamite
Grilling Beer: Snake River Lager
Tying beer: Sierra Nevad Pale Ale
Keg Beer: PBR
Fishing beer: Anything cold

RFA, having lived in FC years ago for years, Coops has some great brews that I wish I could get up here. Punjabi and Crazy D (if they still brew it) were always great. Horsetooth close behind.
By PbSlinger
I've been sittin back enjoying the beer banter, but not saying much. RFA and I live in a special place for beer. I'm not a New Belgium guy. They brew some good beers, don't get me wrong. They've gotten a bit trendy, dare I say as Kinky Friedman says, "bourgeois bohemian", for my tastes. I'll still drink a cold Fattie when my shop has 'em for 5.99 a six, but I'm an Odells drinker as my quality beer.

I've also been enjoying some of the offerings from Grand Teton Brewing.
By PbSlinger
Kromagnum wrote:Lots of beer floating around...lots of beer. Some of the suggestions that have been mentioned I would agree with, some I have never tried (that turbo looks very tasty), and some I would pass (fucking chill, what the fuck)... Anywho, my little list of beers in no particular order:

Boat Beer: Budweiser or for the laymen Red, white, Dynamite
Grilling Beer: Snake River Lager
Tying beer: Sierra Nevad Pale Ale
Keg Beer: PBR
Fishing beer: Anything cold

RFA, having lived in FC years ago for years, Coops has some great brews that I wish I could get up here. Punjabi and Crazy D (if they still brew it) were always great. Horsetooth close behind.
Hey Kro....I like the way you break down your beer list!!

I also enjoy the Coop's. The Not Brown is tasty.
By RFA
I feel the same about NBB, way too trendy, although I will always try the new shit. Fort Collins is the best beer town in the country, in my opinion, shit, even Budweiser is here. Odells makes great beer, Isolation is my favorite. Ft. Collins Brewery's Major Tom's Pomeganite Wheat is good too.

Coopersmith's had this beer that they aged in bourbon barrels...Cask Bourbon Stout...holy shit, the best ever, except all of their beers are like poison the next day if you have over 4.
By PbSlinger
RedFeatherAngler wrote:I feel the same about NBB, way too trendy, although I will always try the new shit. Fort Collins is the best beer town in the country, in my opinion, shit, even Budweiser is here. Odells makes great beer, Isolation is my favorite. Ft. Collins Brewery's Major Tom's Pomeganite Wheat is good too.

Coopersmith's had this beer that they aged in bourbon barrels...Cask Bourbon Stout...holy shit, the best ever, except all of their beers are like poison the next day if you have over 4.
A fruity beer?????
By RFA
Fruity? Are you referring to Major Tom's? No, not at all, not even a little. It's just a very good Weiss. You can't even taste the Pomegranite. Try it, trust me.

As far as the Coop's Cask Bourbon Stout, they have it every now and again. Definitly try it if they do. I tried to buy a growler full, but they wouldn't sell it...it's like taking a sip of stout and washing it down with a shot of bourbon...awesome.
By Hoover
Probably two of the best beers I've had lately...
2belowlink.jpg
2belowlink.jpg (44.82 KiB) Viewed 560 times
and New Delhi Freight Train IPA from Snake River Brewing Company, Jackson Hole, WY

Coopersmiths Punjabi Cask is also very nice.

Wasn't a fan of Broken Arrow IPA... something just wasn't right about it.

Cheers! :cool
By PbSlinger
RedFeatherAngler wrote:Fruity? Are you referring to Major Tom's? No, not at all, not even a little. It's just a very good Weiss. You can't even taste the Pomegranite. Try it, trust me.

As far as the Coop's Cask Bourbon Stout, they have it every now and again. Definitly try it if they do. I tried to buy a growler full, but they wouldn't sell it...it's like taking a sip of stout and washing it down with a shot of bourbon...awesome.
I'm just givin ya the hassle about the fruity beer. I know about Major Tom's. I'll keep my eye's out for that Coop's beer you're touting.

Hey Hoover, I do like the Two Below in the seasonal catagory. The Isolation Ale is a fine beer as well.
By Plow
Campnut wrote:anyone that puts fruit in thier beer or drinks beer with fruit in it is just that.... :bullshit
Big fan of wheat beer and lemonade. Got hooked while in the service in Germany.
Works wonders on a hot summer day. Never liked it with Helles though. :cool
Luau 2021

If I’m not on a Caribbean cruise or lake Pow[…]

2021 Smalljaw Swap

I'm sending in a piece of marabou on a toothpick[…]

https://nypost.com/2021/02/13/feds-arrest-man-du[…]

So you want to own a flyshop?

January 4th, 2017 Decided to do something diffe[…]

Subscribe to The Drake Magazine