Food

This forum is for general topics. Keep all posts, images, etc safe for those who read the forum at work. Post only that content that you'd want your mama to read. Violators will be banned.
FSHFLY

Food

Post by FSHFLY » Thu Aug 30, 2007 12:23 pm

The classics thread, in addition to the fact I am office bound and hungry got me thinking of some classic foods. n Tied one on pretty good the other night with a good friend who is moving to Colorallado- well we got :( the munchies and this was our order at the bar--n Fried Cheese Curdsn jollapano poppersn Fried Macaroni and cheese (seriously-no shit- they were like little triangle doughballs with mac and cheese in them)n Pizza Friesn And as it was eaten-- it was good. And I also have a free place to stay in the Rockies. n D
"That's becasue they've been in the business longer"

FliesOnly

Re: Food

Post by FliesOnly » Thu Aug 30, 2007 12:38 pm

What is your favorite streamside snack?
"yeah go and catch that big one over there, while i twist up another hooter. don''t fuck around too long though lunch is in 15 minutes and then it''s nap time."n ~Ginseng Sullivan "Guiding the private water"

nllaeder

Post by nllaeder » Thu Aug 30, 2007 12:53 pm

Originally posted by FliesOnly:n What is your favorite streamside snack?
Brains.
"...you''d have a scratch-tagging heroin hooker giving hummers and running an illegal craps game while roosters fought pitbulls in the toilet bowl" Mark Driver

FliesOnly

Post by FliesOnly » Thu Aug 30, 2007 12:58 pm

Originally posted by nllaeder:n
Brains.
Ahhh, Zombie eh?
"yeah go and catch that big one over there, while i twist up another hooter. don''t fuck around too long though lunch is in 15 minutes and then it''s nap time."n ~Ginseng Sullivan "Guiding the private water"

Rusty Hook

Post by Rusty Hook » Thu Aug 30, 2007 12:59 pm

Scud-fed brookies, seasoned with garlic powder and roasted on a stick.

<small>[ August 30, 2007, 01:01 PM: Message edited by: Rusty Hook ]</small>
The virtues are lost in self-interest as rivers are lost in the sea.
-- Franklin D. Roosevelt

viking

Post by viking » Thu Aug 30, 2007 1:14 pm

See? That's exactly why cremation is a good idea. The last thing I need is to have someone zombie on me while I'm fishing.
"may all your door knobs smell of fish slime and the boots of your waders never dry" - jed

Bird Dog

Post by Bird Dog » Thu Aug 30, 2007 1:21 pm

that's why I carry this with me at all times. Image

<small>[ August 30, 2007, 01:47 PM: Message edited by: Ugly Dog ]</small>
"Call today to schedule your Entitlement Tour of Catamount Vistas, for the thrill of your lifetime! But not theirs. Catamount Vistas, because screw them, that''s why!"- wookie

BigTimber

Post by BigTimber » Thu Aug 30, 2007 2:54 pm

FSHFLY,You are so high.
This place has enough jiggly milkbags, marsupials fisting off, and animated cherubs getting stabbed in the fuck to get anyone shitcanned, if''n their boss can''t take a joke. ~SUAF

Pussy, much like freedom, ain't free.

America has become a dildo that has turned berserkly on its owner. ~McGuane 1971

Bear River Boomer

Post by Bear River Boomer » Thu Aug 30, 2007 3:28 pm

Red vines and a cliff bar.

coloradicus

Post by coloradicus » Thu Aug 30, 2007 3:41 pm

Thanks for the midwest memories FSHFLY, you should go to the Minnesota State Fair. Then, not only can you get everything fried, but you can get it "on a stick" too.Favorite streamside snack? Skoal, beer, roast beef snadwich.
"When a hundred men stand together, each of them loses his mind and gets another one." - Nietzsche

eggsuckingleach

Post by eggsuckingleach » Thu Aug 30, 2007 3:52 pm

A Snickers Bar and a Long-Necked Bud that I snuck into my buddies backpack when he was not looking.
If I speak - and a woman doesn''t hear me - am I still wrong??

FSHFLY

Post by FSHFLY » Thu Aug 30, 2007 3:54 pm

I need no food and barely any water when I am fishing. Ok, maybe a granola bar or something. Or those little boxes with cheese and crackers and the little red spreader. And beer in the cooler for apres fishing. But early season- it is sometimes nice to sit down and heat up with the coleman a nice bowl of hearty beef stew the wife made for me, with some cheese *(Sharp chedder) and a thick bread-from a local bakery, And a bottle of Winter Bach...D
"That's becasue they've been in the business longer"