This forum is for general topics. Keep all posts, images, etc safe for those who read the forum at work. Post only that content that you'd want your mama to read. Violators will be banned.
By chadroc
really beautiful. a fine, fine eulogy. you should be proud of that. and i'll send an envelope, or not. i never send anything.
By ironman
Eli, my friend.

I was in PC today, thought of you, your Dad, and the missed opportunity last May. My Dad and I spoke today, firmed up our plans for next week, discussed the weather forecast, the bugs, and a backup plan with eminent high water. We will certainly raise a glass to you both.

It's funny, on 144 heading towards Cherry Springs, I thought about how many more years we'd be making this trip. And if I'd be able to be there without him.
By 421sd
Fish em, but keep some aside just because. I have a some of my grandfathers stuff that I treasure. My father died when I was pretty young and Pa Pa was my outdoor mentor. :cool
By Bobwhite
Surly wrote: Fri May 26, 2017 8:24 pm Your dad is smiling
I believe every father who reads your post is smiling.

Because, at some point in our lives, we all begin to wonder how we'll be remembered.

That's a wonderful tribute. We should all be so lucky, as to be remember so well.
By fly-chucker
to your old man :cool
By Hogleg
Good stuff. Thanks for sharing.
By foureyedgeek
Thanks for the kind words, all.

But seriously send me an envelope, these nymphs need used!
Cracked windshield chronicles

Just came across my copy of the chronicles. Was th[…]

Spring in the SE AK

Man, that’s living!

Roughfish swap (Heero backed out)

I don't know if this has ever been done before[…]

Thumbing Through Some SBSs

Koichi’s Spruce Moth https://live.stat[…]

Subscribe to The Drake Magazine