Alabama Bluelinin'....TR (Page 3 Update)

This forum is for general topics. Keep all posts, images, etc safe for those who read the forum at work. Post only that content that you'd want your mama to read. Violators will be banned.
mrl0004

Re: Alabama Bluelinin'....TR (Page 3 Update)

Post by mrl0004 » Tue Aug 08, 2017 9:47 am

Redchaser wrote:
Mon Aug 07, 2017 9:11 am
Real nice again Matthew,

For those of us that have seen pictures of Matt and his lovely bride, what's the over/under that the baby will be a ginger?
Haha. Just doing my part to propagate the species.
"Don't ever underestimate the power of a good blue line session with a 1wt. Shit gets settled out on the boulders, things get prioritized. And, in the end, you put something back in the tank..." -wandering blues

LA Fly Guy

Re: Alabama Bluelinin'....TR

Post by LA Fly Guy » Thu May 31, 2018 7:57 am

mrl0004 wrote:
Fri Aug 04, 2017 12:00 pm
One left and I'll have them all.

Stay tuned....
I checked back here because 1) photosuckit has returned the pictures, and 2) I'd like to chase some of these guys soon but......

I know you finished the "slam" and caught that last species, right Matt? Did I miss that post? Thanks for the introduction to these cool fish.

chadroc

Post by chadroc » Mon Jun 04, 2018 6:47 pm

LA Fly Guy wrote:
Thu May 31, 2018 7:57 am
mrl0004 wrote:

Stay tuned....
I checked back here because 1) photosuckit has returned the pictures, and 2) I'd like to chase some of these guys soon but......

I know you finished the "slam" and caught that last species, right Matt? Did I miss that post? Thanks for the introduction to these cool fish.
you need to tie some proper flies for them, LA. think they'd eat a nice little rabbit stripper with a lil wee deer hair head. olive perhaps. but i'm with you on this, update this shit. its a great thread.
holding it down on the other side of the border

LA Fly Guy

Post by LA Fly Guy » Tue Jun 05, 2018 8:32 am

chadroc wrote:
Mon Jun 04, 2018 6:47 pm
LA Fly Guy wrote:
mrl0004 wrote:

Stay tuned....

you need to tie some proper flies for them, LA. think they'd eat a nice little rabbit stripper with a lil wee deer hair head. olive perhaps. but i'm with you on this, update this shit. its a great thread.

Ya know.... I was thinkin' the same thing. A miniature version of my smalljaw swap submission. However, I've been busier tying floaty things as per instructions of Matt and his book. And I haven't forgotten about you and your flies.... yet.

B.M. Barrelcooker

Post by B.M. Barrelcooker » Tue Jun 05, 2018 3:44 pm

This may be my favorite thread.

Makin some kickass lemaonade out of shitty Alabama lemons.

I think the "BM" on this mound actually stands for "bowel movement"; one of Franzen's, if I'm not mistaken...

mrl0004

Post by mrl0004 » Sun Jul 08, 2018 1:44 pm

LA Fly Guy wrote:
mrl0004 wrote:

Stay tuned....

I did. I will update this soon. I’m almost done with re-doing the slam again in 2018.
"Don't ever underestimate the power of a good blue line session with a 1wt. Shit gets settled out on the boulders, things get prioritized. And, in the end, you put something back in the tank..." -wandering blues

Glista

Post by Glista » Tue Jul 10, 2018 3:15 pm

Isn't this the thing that Conan was pushing when he was a young barbarian?

Great stuff guys!
conan.jpg
conan.jpg (245.09 KiB) Viewed 60 times