This forum is for general topics. Keep all posts, images, etc safe for those who read the forum at work. Post only that content that you'd want your mama to read. Violators will be banned.
By Redchaser
Bird Dog wrote:
Redchaser wrote:
Spudnik wrote: When some liberal dick wants to take 95% of your pay check in 16 years, don't say I didn't see it coming. ........ :cool
This line would apply to just about any of the candidates left on either side.
Perhaps Bush would have left the economy in a little bit better state had he raised taxes. At least your stock portfolio is performing well while the economy does its best to rival a piece of dog shit. At least I have my gun and I'm getting $600.

Bush is a huge dissapointment, ran as a conservative but sure is hell isn't one, but yes as you mentioned, my stock portfolio has done quite well (of course I can't touch most of it 'till I retire, and the rest when my kid goes to college).

[Old fart emoticon on]
On that point, a quck nag for all of the young guys on here, as I know there are plenty. As soon as you get a freaking job, start throwing money in a 401k or IRA and forget that it's there, even if it's just a few bucks. Start young enough and you don't have to put up a bunch at a time, compounding interest is a beautiful thing. My wife and I have never made a hell of a lot of money, but we've been dilligent about putting away a little for retirement. Even if neither of us ever gets another raise, or otherwise increases what we are putting away, we are going to retire very comfortably, with considerably more income than we are getting as working stiffs. Same deal with college for the kid, 529 funds are great.
[Old fart emoticon off]

This public service announcement has been brought to you by the generation below you that doesn't want to have to support your broke ass when you are old.

Ron
By flymph
migratory discharge wrote:Can't this wait a few more months? Fuck me. November is a ways away and if we could just not ruin this place I would be a happy mutha fucker. Please?

No shit, if'n you fucks don't quit worrying about the gubermint you'll miss the fishing.

Where's Jesus? I vote to let him run the country, problem solved, lets go fishing.
By Plow
Flymph wrote: Where's Jesus? I vote to let him run the country, problem solved, lets go fishing.
Jesus has my vote. He knows all the good spots and can turn stuff into wine. No jigging for Jesus either.
By ditchdoc
If you don't vote, you can't bitch. Simple as that. I don't talk to people who bitch about stuff and then don't even try to do anything about it. There are millions of people in the world who would love the chance to vote. I don't care what political persuasion you happen to be. Just exercise the right that people have died to insure.

Having said that... have you heard about the Hillary special at Kentucky Fried?

two small breasts
two large thighs
two left wings

I'm pretty far left myself...but that's still funny.

Ditchdoc
By Brookwookie
So if I hate money, I should vote for a democrat?

So if I FUCKING LOVE MONEY, love it so much that I'll spend all of it and borrow billions more on my kids' dime what the hell give a bunch to my rich friends too because fuck it, WAHOO, I should vote republican?

Do I have that right?
By Ajax
I'm pretty conservative in my politics. After watching these clowns for seven years, I'm certain that I'm a lot closer to the middle than the hard right.

But this is what amazes me- in a country that is still fairly conservative when compared to the rest of the western world, Bush and Co have managed to fuck things up so wildly that an extremely liberal woman with a ton of ethical baggage, and an extremely liberal black man with absolutely no expierience in governing, now each have a very good chance to become President of the United States. Because many Americans believe that they couldn't make the mess any worse than the numbnuts white guys who have been running the show, and are willing to ditch their shopworn prejudices and give them a shot.

Honest, I've never seen it done before. These sons of bitches make Dick Nixon look like John the fucking Baptist. And what is flat, balls-out hilarious is listening to the likes of Limbaugh & Hannity bellow away like mastodons stuck in the tar defending those guys, and trying to talk us into voting in a similar regime. Where the fuck were they in '06 when the Repubs got beaten like the red-headed bastard? At the bar? Goddamn fools.

But hell, what else should I expect? Look at their master- today, I watched Bush announce that he'd sent the budget up to The Hill contained in a 'Laptop notebook'. No paper, by gum. Saved a fuckin' tree or two, he did. It was like watching Jethro eat the sponge. I had to turn him off when I realized that I'd voted for the fool not once, but twice. I'd much rather admit to having sucked a cock on the stage at Woodstock. What in the fuck was I thinking? I must have been at the bar with Limbaugh and Hannity. I can't explain it any other way.

Pardon my rant. In keeping with the spirit of this thread, vote. Vote every chance you get. Because far to many good men and women have died so that we can exercise that right.
By Brookwookie
I'm still confused. If I hate freedom...wow hate freedom, who hates freedom? If I hate freedom, vote for a democrat.

But if I love freedom, vote republican so they can tap my phone and read my email and give telecom companies retroactive immunity for any crimes they may have committed in the process?

That doesn't sound like freedom. Maybe Spudnik is confused.
By nllaeder
Plow wrote:I really don’t keep up with politics but I got some ideas that will save the nation.

Put “none of the above” on every presidential ballot. Keep having elections till someone gets 50%. Candidates can only run once during the cycle.

Limit the number of laws we can have. If you want a new law you got to get rid of an old law.

Anyone running for office should be waterboarded on live TV till they confess their real reason for running.

As long as the keep giving out stickers I’ll keep voting.
Have you heard about the Electoral College? Well, until you've read up about it, and why the fucking 50% of the populace is much, much, much more of a bad idea, shut the fuck up.

Save the nation? Great ideas, dude. You should run for office.
By Rusty Hook
Spudnik wrote:When some liberal dick wants to outlaw guns entirely and take 95% of your pay check in 16 years, don't say I didn't see it coming.
and when some "conservative" dick wants to cut taxes for his rich buddies so the rest of us can make up the difference in user fees and sales taxes, draft your kids to fight yet another war in who knows where, for who knows why, and for who knows how long, implement an internal passport system, I mean 'secure national ID', and monitor your phone calls and email 'so you can feel more secure', I think we really can say you didn't see it coming, because you don't. :coffee
By Ajax
nllaeder wrote: Have you heard about the Electoral College? Well, until you've read up about it, and why the fucking 50% of the populace is much, much, much more of a bad idea, shut the fuck up.

Save the nation? Great ideas, dude. You should run for office.
More people know that Britney screamed like a banshee the last two nights than understand how the Electoral College functions.
By Bird Dog
"If the terrorists hated freedom, the Netherlands would be fucking dust."

-David Cross
A Confession

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j58V2vC9EPc

The return of Stolen Hours

1-22-2020 - 2 Between five or six doctors&rsq[…]

Thumbing Through Some SBSs

Hare’s Ear Hedgehog https://live.stati[…]

Fu@#&^# Drake

the photofuckit assholes are holding my shit hosta[…]

Subscribe to The Drake Magazine