Should I?wa

This forum is for general topics. Keep all posts, images, etc safe for those who read the forum at work. Post only that content that you'd want your mama to read. Violators will be banned.
fallen513

Re: Should I?wa

Post by fallen513 » Fri Jul 07, 2017 4:28 pm

Windshield wiper. Swear to Christ last time I did it, my brain misfired and I turned them on. Luckily no harm done, just shit my pants.
____________________________________________________________________________________
I love flyfishing so much I want it to die. -thalweg

Isn't it TIME?

Redchaser

Post by Redchaser » Fri Jul 07, 2017 4:35 pm

upthepoudre wrote:
Thu Jul 06, 2017 10:18 pm
Was thinking of one of these. Does it make me look like a poseur? https://denveroutfitters.com/wp-content ... ault-8.jpg
No, that is not what makes you look like a poseur.... :Roll Eyes
"... don’t let your life become the sloppy leftovers of your work" Jim Harrison

"Put in the effort and good things happen"... Hogleg

"Salinity is proportional to sanity for sure" ..The Volfish

Redchaser.com, all about Louisiana Fly Fishing

RFA

Post by RFA » Fri Jul 07, 2017 5:21 pm

fallen513 wrote:
Fri Jul 07, 2017 4:28 pm
Windshield wiper. Swear to Christ last time I did it, my brain misfired and I turned them on. Luckily no harm done, just shit my pants.
Yup, this is part of the experience. I have done this at least 4 times.

Fool me once.....

austrotard

Post by austrotard » Fri Jul 07, 2017 9:37 pm

RFA wrote:
Fri Jul 07, 2017 1:26 pm
I have to admit, on longer trips or on rocky roads I would put a sock/rag just before the magnet.....as to prevent the graphite from continually bouncing on the same spot.

If it was fiberglass rod, I would break it down and throw it in the bed, no protection needed.

Speaking of that, I had a Eagle Claw/(new) Medalist combo I used for trout on the NF whilst checking on the cattle in the gator. I used to put the neoprene sheath around the medalist, only because it cost me $80. Other than that, I used to hammer over all sorts of shit in that valley with nothing else in the bed other than that reel case and a box of flies.....caught a lot of fish on that setup over those two summers. Still have it, but not really a use for it.

Edit (CE) - I constructed that setup so I wouldn't be out of sorts if it fell out of the bed, got run over, stolen, or stomped by a cow. My price limit was $150 for the full deal, including line. I think I came in at around $160 if I counted backing and leader. Of course I still have it, if I took a $1200 setup down there, I would have snapped or lost it the first week.

$34.99 - Eagle Claw 4 wt.
$79.99 - Medalist Reel - 3 wt
$45.00 - SA Heritage fly line
$4.95 - Rio 4X

EDIT (CE) - Just did the actual math using today's google pricing[above] - $164.93. BOOM.

no exaggerating!

No one cares, I should just write this shit in emails addressed to myself, it would serve the same purpose.
cool story, bro.

you can make one of those tupperware thingies with pvc pipe and the rainhead component. use your own hinges and padlock.
but then again we know how to rampant shit over here in austria. we is tres clever.
mate, it's ryan says... and ryan didn't say.
you're out.

TX.

Post by TX. » Sat Jul 15, 2017 9:05 pm

Google it. PVC and igloo lunch mate for the reels, check out goodwill for that part.
...Or make a friend that can get a pro deal, and even then.
Not worth it in my opinion.
Which one of you fuckers has a flats skiff in the NC mountains?-southernstrain
Was there also a raft,drift boat,jon boat,and a gheeno in the yard?-Kyle

befuddled

Post by befuddled » Sat Jul 15, 2017 9:37 pm

PVC and bungee cords were my first thought too
There are so many dildos out there, you''d think setting their phones to vibrate would come naturally. ---SUAF

greedy capitalist/liberal-elitist/gun-toting profit monger

We'll wake the dead motherfucker. Fuck you. ---- Fallen513