Should I?wa

This forum is for general topics. Keep all posts, images, etc safe for those who read the forum at work. Post only that content that you'd want your mama to read. Violators will be banned.
upthepoudre

Should I?wa

Post by upthepoudre » Thu Jul 06, 2017 10:18 pm

Was thinking of one of these. Does it make me look like a poseur? https://denveroutfitters.com/wp-content ... ault-8.jpg

Bigguy

Re: Should I?wa

Post by Bigguy » Thu Jul 06, 2017 10:30 pm

Only if you put it on a Tundra pulling an Adipose

upthepoudre

Post by upthepoudre » Thu Jul 06, 2017 11:02 pm

Nah, gonna put it on my 2001 Ford Focus. I could buy 3 Foci for the price of an Adipose.

austrotard

Post by austrotard » Fri Jul 07, 2017 1:51 am

I wonder how long it would take me to punch that pin out of that hinge and make off with your well advertised gear?
49% of americans assume I give a shit about what they think.

B.M. Barrelcooker

Post by B.M. Barrelcooker » Fri Jul 07, 2017 6:59 am

I've been sporting this rig lately.
IMG_0968.JPG
IMG_0968.JPG (32.07 KiB) Viewed 907 times

Figured I'd go ahead and take a pic while I wade for a drag out of this water hole.

I think the "BM" on this mound actually stands for "bowel movement"; one of Franzen's, if I'm not mistaken...

RFA

Post by RFA » Fri Jul 07, 2017 7:53 am

Lurgee used to make ones that were much nicer, not so tupperware looking.

I wonder if he still does?
As it turns out, God? He was a squirrel. A big 'ol meaty one. "I found god, he used to say"

BigTimber

Post by BigTimber » Fri Jul 07, 2017 8:48 am

Nah, it makes you look like a Huge Flyfisherman!

I find the windshield wiper works just as good for spot jumping. But on long treks, would rather break them down and carry. Unless they are one piecers. That's about the only use I can see for them. That and if you truly are a HUGE FLYFISHERMAN!
This place has enough jiggly milkbags, marsupials fisting off, and animated cherubs getting stabbed in the fuck to get anyone shitcanned, if''n their boss can''t take a joke. ~SUAF

Pussy, much like freedom, ain't free.

America has become a dildo that has turned berserkly on its owner. ~McGuane 1971

RFA

Post by RFA » Fri Jul 07, 2017 12:28 pm

BigTimber wrote:
Fri Jul 07, 2017 8:48 am
Nah, it makes you look like a Huge Flyfisherman!

I find the windshield wiper works just as good for spot jumping. But on long treks, would rather break them down and carry. Unless they are one piecers. That's about the only use I can see for them. That and if you truly are a HUGE FLYFISHERMAN!
Insider tip - buy one of those square/horseshoe magnets they sell to attach to the side of your truck to hold the fly rod up while you are doing something other than holding it. Put that on the roof of your truck/car centered over the steering wheel, touching the molding around the windshield. As Big Timber said, put the reel under the wiper, and the mid section under the magnet.

I added the magnet after a big gust of wind almost threw my rod into the ditch as I was going 50 mph. It helps for higher speeds, and costs about $8 rather than $300 for the gay tupperware rod holder thing.
As it turns out, God? He was a squirrel. A big 'ol meaty one. "I found god, he used to say"

upthepoudre

Post by upthepoudre » Fri Jul 07, 2017 12:49 pm

I'm going to try that. I'm of the same opinion of the Tupperware, but thought it might be practical. All those guys that have them look so damn cool...

B.M. Barrelcooker

Post by B.M. Barrelcooker » Fri Jul 07, 2017 12:52 pm

upthepoudre wrote:
Fri Jul 07, 2017 12:49 pm
I'm going to try that. I'm of the same opinion of the Tupperware, but thought it might be practical. All those guys that have them look so damn cool...
That huge flyfishee sticker accomplishes the same thing for a lot less.

€ 4.53
5 seppo

I think the "BM" on this mound actually stands for "bowel movement"; one of Franzen's, if I'm not mistaken...

RFA

Post by RFA » Fri Jul 07, 2017 1:26 pm

I have to admit, on longer trips or on rocky roads I would put a sock/rag just before the magnet.....as to prevent the graphite from continually bouncing on the same spot.

If it was fiberglass rod, I would break it down and throw it in the bed, no protection needed.

Speaking of that, I had a Eagle Claw/(new) Medalist combo I used for trout on the NF whilst checking on the cattle in the gator. I used to put the neoprene sheath around the medalist, only because it cost me $80. Other than that, I used to hammer over all sorts of shit in that valley with nothing else in the bed other than that reel case and a box of flies.....caught a lot of fish on that setup over those two summers. Still have it, but not really a use for it.

Edit (CE) - I constructed that setup so I wouldn't be out of sorts if it fell out of the bed, got run over, stolen, or stomped by a cow. My price limit was $150 for the full deal, including line. I think I came in at around $160 if I counted backing and leader. Of course I still have it, if I took a $1200 setup down there, I would have snapped or lost it the first week.

$34.99 - Eagle Claw 4 wt.
$79.99 - Medalist Reel - 3 wt
$45.00 - SA Heritage fly line
$4.95 - Rio 4X

EDIT (CE) - Just did the actual math using today's google pricing[above] - $164.93. BOOM.

no exaggerating!

No one cares, I should just write this shit in emails addressed to myself, it would serve the same purpose.

fallen513

Post by fallen513 » Fri Jul 07, 2017 4:27 pm

Windshield wiper. Swear to Christ last time I did it, my brain misfired and I turned them on. Luckily no harm done, just shit my pants.
____________________________________________________________________________________
I love flyfishing so much I want it to die. -thalweg

Isn't it TIME?