ad extremum terrae

This forum is for general topics. Keep all posts, images, etc safe for those who read the forum at work. Post only that content that you'd want your mama to read. Violators will be banned.
Kfoxwyo

ad extremum terrae

Post by Kfoxwyo » Wed Jul 26, 2017 7:55 pm

maybe a bit to the extreme but thats how life has felt for the last few years. Professional life demands, personal life defeats, aging dog but-

Pretty much summed up my view of life for the last few years, but things change:Image
Johnny Cash is afraid of the fireworks so he gets an annual vacation to the Sonoma Coast,Image It works well for me too,as its not a bad place to be,Image
Stopped for a cold beer along the way,Image
This is not a burning cross but rather the view from our abode which seemed to have a church across from the fair grounds...so we had the protection of our lord and savior.ImageI am a heathen.Imageso we got high and moved on the next day. My fat ass could stand to loose a few pounds,Image
It was hot so we stopped for a swim, we named the beach Opal Beach after the necklace my traveling companion found right as we walked down to swim.
ImageWe drove a little more north, slept and woke to this view for another swim in a new lake.Image There might be a fish or two in this tread as I post a little more, I contribute so little here I thought it time I do so-even with my shitty use of the English Language.
Let your boat of life be light, packed with only what you need-a homely home and simple pleasures, one or two friends worth the name, someone to love and someone to love you, a cat, a dog and a pipe or two, enough to eat and enough to wear, and a little more than enough to drink; for thirst is a dangerous thing.
-Jerome K. Jerome, 1889

austrotard

Re: ad extremum terrae

Post by austrotard » Wed Jul 26, 2017 9:59 pm

a haiku tr crossover.
I can dig it.
49% of americans assume I give a shit about what they think.

RockinDaddyNotFromTN

Post by RockinDaddyNotFromTN » Thu Jul 27, 2017 9:04 am

lets see a outside pic of that rig

Spicytuna

Post by Spicytuna » Thu Jul 27, 2017 1:14 pm

I can dig it.

You need to get your ass out here on the Delta with me.
"In truth you can throw dries and swing flies and still be a loser. That would be an elite loser though.
Rare breed." - MTgrayling

"You guys know the Magic Hour???? Yeah it just happened I was there!!!" DK

chadroc

Post by chadroc » Thu Jul 27, 2017 5:02 pm

yeah, that rig looks mighty comfy. well done.
holding it down on the other side of the border

Kfoxwyo

Post by Kfoxwyo » Thu Jul 27, 2017 5:43 pm

Thanks Guys. Yeah Spicy now that or will in a month or so have my fishing gear and a house on wheels hereI will make that happen. There are a few things changing in my life that will create time for travel, exercise and fishing. 21 days from now we will be flying back to met up with the rig (I have named it "my mid life crisis" for now). A shot from the Sonoma portion of the trip. ImageAlways wanted to see Crater Lake, now I want to go back and day hike down and take a nap in a hammock and sip on a lake cold sessions beer.Image[/url[url=http://imgur.com/y2iJBNO]Image[/url[url=http://imgur.com/RNK8ybi]Image Some Drake-est engineering along the way.ImageChilling with the bird is a new thing and on the last night of her portion of the trip crossing the pan handle of Idaho I noticed a turn out on the river side of the highway, de-accelerated abruptly and she says what up? The van has power for days but a little under rated on the brakes. Anyway slow down and notice a shitty dirt road towards the river-I inwardly smile, now I just got to hope that its not flooded with people camping...pull down to a white sand beach two trucks and three people. One of which with the tank top, suns out guns out sun burn. I walk over and ask if they are camping, and he like no just fishing man, I was like cool are the other folks with you as well, yeah man. Well do you mind if we set up camp for the night? No man, nice rig. Sweet! So we try to be out of there way and set up and relax. Full moon rising over the water. Image[/url[url=http://imgur.com/hu8FNgo]Image[/url[url=http://imgur.com/mcaHGmX]Image[/url[url=http://imgur.com/EIbklHa]Image Wake up a little late the next morning go for a swim to wake up..things are going well mostly on time until we cross the state line and the clock on the radio updates, fuck so much for being on time. She misses her flight, United Airlines is as helpful as my dick in glacial water. At one point I used points with two different airlines and she had three different plane tickets-she has a real job and had to be at work the next morning. In the end after a late flight back she was home, and I will say she was cool about it the whole time.
Let your boat of life be light, packed with only what you need-a homely home and simple pleasures, one or two friends worth the name, someone to love and someone to love you, a cat, a dog and a pipe or two, enough to eat and enough to wear, and a little more than enough to drink; for thirst is a dangerous thing.
-Jerome K. Jerome, 1889

Redchaser

Post by Redchaser » Thu Jul 27, 2017 5:56 pm

Nice, I really dig the rig
"... don’t let your life become the sloppy leftovers of your work" Jim Harrison

"Put in the effort and good things happen"... Hogleg

"Salinity is proportional to sanity for sure" ..The Volfish

Redchaser.com, all about Louisiana Fly Fishing

RFA

Post by RFA » Thu Jul 27, 2017 6:50 pm

This report should be called "Dual Hot Dogs"

that being said, best thing I have seen in a long time. What this scuba destination is used to be all about.
As it turns out, God? He was a squirrel. A big 'ol meaty one. "I found god, he used to say"

Ruddy Duck

Post by Ruddy Duck » Thu Jul 27, 2017 8:46 pm

Redchaser wrote:
Thu Jul 27, 2017 5:56 pm
Nice, I really dig the rig
Me too. May have to add one to my ongoing mid life crisis as well.

Kfoxwyo

Post by Kfoxwyo » Thu Jul 27, 2017 10:47 pm

Red and Ruddy it and I may make our way your way this November. Hope that you are all healed up Red.
-Jerome K. Jerome, 1889

foureyedgeek

Post by foureyedgeek » Fri Jul 28, 2017 8:26 am

Sweet van. Thanks man!
some people like Rocky Mountain Oysters... the rest wonder why they are eating balls. - Woolybug

#SavetheDace20XX

RaZ

Post by RaZ » Fri Jul 28, 2017 10:47 am

IN A VAN, DOWN BY THE RIVER!
"Then let us know how that goes, you smug motherfucker"