Help please, Glacier National Park (caution)

This forum is for general topics. Keep all posts, images, etc safe for those who read the forum at work. Post only that content that you'd want your mama to read. Violators will be banned.
ScottP

Re: Help please, Glacier National Park (caution)

Post by ScottP » Sat Aug 05, 2017 5:42 pm

Kfoxwyo wrote:
Fri Aug 04, 2017 4:13 pm
If we ever cross paths I am buying-
Post some pics; that'll be payment enough.
Btw, went to Many Glacier yesterday to visit a friend camping/hiking there for a week. Got to the entrance about 2:00 PM and they were turning people away because there was no parking available (we'd heard this was happening); when we got to the booth I told the ranger we were visiting someone in the campground (luckily I remembered her site #) and they let us in. Driving to the campground saw that there were a number of open parking spaces at the Grinnell trailhead lot and at Swiftcurrent so there seems to be a breakdown in communication somewhere. When we headed out, we stopped at the ranger station and asked what the deal was - they explained crowds were so bad they had to implement the new procedures from 10-4 every day. Kinda sucks since folks flying blind will be driving a long way (the last 10 miles down a real POS road) only to have to turn around or wait until things lighten up; no mention of this on the Park site, either. We brought this to their attention and got shrugged shoulders, and "sorry; we're just doing what we're told". Hopefully, things will improve towards the end of August, but it seems this is becoming the new normal during peak season.
These things are gone forever
Over a long time ago, oh yeah
RIP Walter

kish

Post by kish » Sat Aug 05, 2017 5:43 pm

Your dog looks like a goat.
“We act as though comfort and luxury were the chief requirements of life, when all that we need to make us really happy is something to be enthusiastic about.” Charles Kingsley

Heero[CntRmbrPwd]

Post by Heero[CntRmbrPwd] » Sun Aug 06, 2017 7:37 pm

I saw that vehicle at the Bozeman airport onFriday. Was it you and if so why didn't you say hello?

Kfoxwyo

Post by Kfoxwyo » Mon Aug 07, 2017 3:32 pm

Hero, I cannot support or deny your claim. Hell I did not think you were even real. But now I think you might be a hot spotter!!
Let your boat of life be light, packed with only what you need-a homely home and simple pleasures, one or two friends worth the name, someone to love and someone to love you, a cat, a dog and a pipe or two, enough to eat and enough to wear, and a little more than enough to drink; for thirst is a dangerous thing.
-Jerome K. Jerome, 1889

fallen513

Post by fallen513 » Mon Aug 07, 2017 9:10 pm

No wonder goat sightings are common, they've got fuckin' shock collars on.
____________________________________________________________________________________
I love flyfishing so much I want it to die. -thalweg

Isn't it TIME?

midstream

Post by midstream » Tue Sep 19, 2017 9:14 pm

You can't go wrong anywhere in Glacier. The Road to the Sun is a great bike ride. Any of the streams yield fish, not always big, but they hit big flies like crazy and is a lot of fun if you aren't hooked on only catching big fish. The water is cold and beautiful. Just go. You will love it.
If you are lucky enough to live in the mountains by a river, you are lucky enough.

m.b.

Post by m.b. » Fri Sep 29, 2017 10:58 pm

holy daddy issues, batman!!!
III