Open Roads in the Prairie Schooner

This forum is for general topics. Keep all posts, images, etc safe for those who read the forum at work. Post only that content that you'd want your mama to read. Violators will be banned.
RockyMtHigh

Re: Open Roads in the Prairie Schooner

Post by RockyMtHigh » Tue Jan 30, 2018 10:10 am

Still good stuff. This one.
wait...what? fuck - Fatman

Upsetter

Post by Upsetter » Tue Jan 30, 2018 11:53 pm

Go one exit further east from wall, drive past the minuteman missle silo, and you're in national grasslands dispersed camping with the coyotes. Much preferred to the wall shitshow In my world. I also prefer 212 over 90 to spearfish. Saves like 75 miles.

But, what do I know. I have no idea what fucking Pliny is but know the goldeye well. Caught many of them all up and down the lower Jelly and it's tributaries.

ironman

Post by ironman » Wed Jan 31, 2018 9:32 am

Upsetter wrote:
Tue Jan 30, 2018 11:53 pm
Go one exit further east from wall, drive past the minuteman missle silo, and you're in national grasslands dispersed camping with the coyotes. Much preferred to the wall shitshow In my world. I also prefer 212 over 90 to spearfish. Saves like 75 miles.

But, what do I know. I have no idea what fucking Pliny is but know the goldeye well. Caught many of them all up and down the lower Jelly and it's tributaries.
Noted on camping and route for Part Deux. A 75 mile savings is not insignificant.

I know Pliny, but would've rather known about a cool native fish.
"if you don't understand the perfect logic of this, then you may as well fuck right off Teh Suk" - Fatman

"I took a Japanese whaling approach to panfishing as a kid." - Boomin

ironman

Post by ironman » Mon Feb 05, 2018 3:28 pm

I choose sunrise, looking east over the BLs. Very worthwhile o'dark thirty wakeup call.

We drove all day. And it was boring as fuk.

RIP Magnolia. Still miss that old girl.

Got a little excited when we hit the border. DISCO Bound, with friends waiting on the other side.

Only to realize, there was another 3+ hours....

Hero's welcome (not Heero, mind) at the Disco. Treated to a fine meal of Flychucker's famous carnitas, and some grand fellowship with new and old friends. We howled at the moon a bit. Only regret: didn't take a single picture.
"if you don't understand the perfect logic of this, then you may as well fuck right off Teh Suk" - Fatman

"I took a Japanese whaling approach to panfishing as a kid." - Boomin

fallen513

Post by fallen513 » Mon Feb 05, 2018 9:31 pm

Just let me know when you're picking me up. Thanks.
____________________________________________________________________________________
I love flyfishing so much I want it to die. -thalweg

Isn't it TIME?

fly-chucker

Post by fly-chucker » Tue Feb 06, 2018 8:19 am

ironman wrote:
Mon Feb 05, 2018 3:28 pm

Got a little excited when we hit the border. DISCO Bound, with friends waiting on the other side.

Only to realize, there was another 3+ hours....

Hero's welcome (not Heero, mind) at the Disco. Treated to a fine meal of Flychucker's famous carnitas, and some grand fellowship with new and old friends. We howled at the moon a bit. Only regret: didn't take a single picture.
I'll send you some photogs :smile
"The difference between genius and stupidity is genius has its limits." -CC

"Get off the water you dumb asses…there is a shit storm coming." -Pancho Rancho

"Fucker compared my small stream trout weenie cast to an epileptic with Tourette’s Syndrome." -Carpe Tructa