Open Roads in the Prairie Schooner

This forum is for general topics. Keep all posts, images, etc safe for those who read the forum at work. Post only that content that you'd want your mama to read. Violators will be banned.
ironman

Re: Open Roads in the Prairie Schooner

Post by ironman » Wed Jan 24, 2018 8:58 pm

CarelessEthiopian wrote:
Wed Jan 24, 2018 6:38 pm
ironman wrote:
Wed Jan 24, 2018 1:53 pm
CarelessEthiopian wrote:
Wed Jan 24, 2018 1:50 pm
But.......that's not a whitefish.
Yeah.... I just saw that. It's a chubb. That's what you get working with thumbnails. Plus my eyes are shite.
Yeah....it's not a chub, either.
Your guide should have pointed out what it was. It's a bit of a notable species, as in there aren't many places to catch them IME.
See above: Eyes are shite.

Enlighten us, please, Your Hugeness.

Better: perhaps we could discuss the finer points of this fish, in the land of unicorns. A few days before Land(r) gig?
"if you don't understand the perfect logic of this, then you may as well fuck right off Teh Suk" - Fatman

"I took a Japanese whaling approach to panfishing as a kid." - Boomin

LTFI

Post by LTFI » Wed Jan 24, 2018 9:07 pm

Dace?

CarelessEthiopian

Post by CarelessEthiopian » Wed Jan 24, 2018 10:07 pm

Dickheads don't even know what kind of fish they're catching...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Goldeye

Am I the only person that doesn't like Pliny? I mean, I could just go chew on a blue spruce if I wanted to, but I don't, because it's fucking gross.
boy in long pants

LTFI

Post by LTFI » Wed Jan 24, 2018 10:33 pm

#Carelesscares

The hip crowd only drink pliney the younger these days :coffee

fly-chucker

Post by fly-chucker » Thu Jan 25, 2018 10:46 am

it's actually a baby tarpon a jaundiced one at that

Fred and I got into a mess of them this summer, non-jaundiced ones that is :cool
"The difference between genius and stupidity is genius has its limits." -CC

"Get off the water you dumb asses…there is a shit storm coming." -Pancho Rancho

"Fucker compared my small stream trout weenie cast to an epileptic with Tourette’s Syndrome." -Carpe Tructa

ironman

Post by ironman » Thu Jan 25, 2018 11:52 am

Day 14 Part 2

Wrapped up on the river, and squared up with our "Dickhead Guide Who Couldn't Identify A Jaundiced Tarpon"

Nothin' left to do but prepare dinner, and....

Weather was fun to watch travel in Big Sky Country. We were a little concerned about the Yinzers.

The shadows started to get long.

Started dinner.

Had some tequila and a short smoke, reflected on the day, and the past couple of weeks.

Yinzers got back safe. Fired up the gasser. Next guy has a good chance for a grease fire.

We carried on a bit. The way you do, on the last night. It wasn't our last night away, but it does close out the fishing part. Tomorrow is another early start, and a new trip in many ways. Destination somewhere more than halfway to the Wisco Disco.
"if you don't understand the perfect logic of this, then you may as well fuck right off Teh Suk" - Fatman

RockyMtHigh

Post by RockyMtHigh » Thu Jan 25, 2018 12:56 pm

Nice!, Very Nice!!
wait...what? fuck - Fatman

markl

Post by markl » Mon Jan 29, 2018 9:29 am

ironman wrote:
Thu Jan 25, 2018 11:52 am
Day 14 Part 2

Had some tequila and a short smoke, reflected on the day, and the past couple of weeks.
Perhaps no image depicts my ideal day of hitting the creek than ending this way. My preference is scotch. But, if I close my eyes, I can almost feel the pang of lost fish, smell of day old waders, sophomoric banter, the tailgate of the truck, scotch from a flask, and a freshly lit cigar.

ironman

Post by ironman » Mon Jan 29, 2018 4:11 pm

Scotch, Bourbon, Tequila.... we love them all.

Day 15

Rolled out early. East bound on The 90. Tourist style. Sightseeing.

Respect.

We traded off refueling. By now, its a routine. One guy hits the bathroom and store for Vitamin Water, Zero mind. The other guy fills up the tank(s). It was my turn. We were just outside of Sturgis, and the place was very busy. Saks wasn't anywhere to be found. Fired up the beast, and drove to the parking lot. He was in the camper. So I drove away from the service station to park, door open, Saks not knowing what the hell was going on, and left the ladder at the fuel dock. This wasn't the first time I'd done this. Good thing no one rolled the ladder.

Onto the where we'd overnight. For miles, anyone traveling E or W on The 90, will see 'several' signs advertising Wall Drug. Saks took pics of each sign. You could make a picture book. Started to lose light, and it had been a very long day, so we decided that a place that well advertised, was worth a look.

Place had everything. Soup to nuts. We wandered, and to my surprise, I found the blue enamelware table settings. They really tied the room together. Checked out, and hit yet another gas station. Noticed there were some trucks parked overnight, and the attendant said that if we were customers, we'd be welcome to do the same. Beer was procured, and we popped the top on the rig for the night.

Tomorrow, we see the sunrise over South Dakota(r) and roll through the <HOTSPOTTER ALERT> Badlands.

(Gents, I do apologize for the clarity of the pics. It's all I have to work with, though. Until JZ can do a photo dump, I do appreciate your patience with the substandard photogs. I was Magna Cum Laude @ SOBF School of Graphic Art and Photography).

chadroc

Post by chadroc » Mon Jan 29, 2018 6:57 pm

magna cunt larger. sic transit gloria. except the gloria of the schooner lives on in infinity. great fucking thread, this one.
holding it down on the other side of the border

enjoy your catch (it died)

Average Joe
Location: Where they rip out the trees and name streets after them.

Post by Average Joe » Mon Jan 29, 2018 8:09 pm

You're getting closer...

And whatever happened to my snake?

pbrstreetgang

Post by pbrstreetgang » Mon Jan 29, 2018 9:27 pm

do you guys have Mitch's asstray?
Everybody knows this is nowhere...