Driving to Colorado

This forum is for general topics. Keep all posts, images, etc safe for those who read the forum at work. Post only that content that you'd want your mama to read. Violators will be banned.
Nemo

Re: Driving to Colorado

Post by Nemo » Mon Aug 28, 2017 4:08 am

Ginseng, are you still coming to CO or just going straight to Utah? Or are you going to the Green before the shows, then coming back? I rather prefer circa 1997 Phish, so I don't know that I'd care to attend the shows, but there is actually some decent fishing right near where they're playing, including on the South Platte, where relatively low flows have made for good carping lately.

Bottom line: If you get a chance to float the Green wif Careless and fsb, then by all means take it. But if you plan on making it back to Mile High for your stinky shows, then I'd be happy to show you a couple carp spots. Bring the Ethiopian with you—since Colorado State showed yesterday that the Beavs aren't worth following this year, I may have some openings in my Saturday schedules...
"Any mods on this forum or what? It's just a free for all of people being assholes to one another?"

CarelessEthiopian

Post by CarelessEthiopian » Wed Aug 30, 2017 8:23 am

Nemo wrote:
Mon Aug 28, 2017 4:08 am
Ginseng, are you still coming to CO or just going straight to Utah? Or are you going to the Green before the shows, then coming back? I rather prefer circa 1997 Phish, so I don't know that I'd care to attend the shows, but there is actually some decent fishing right near where they're playing, including on the South Platte, where relatively low flows have made for good carping lately.

Bottom line: If you get a chance to float the Green wif Careless and fsb, then by all means take it. But if you plan on making it back to Mile High for your stinky shows, then I'd be happy to show you a couple carp spots. Bring the Ethiopian with you—since Colorado State showed yesterday that the Beavs aren't worth following this year, I may have some openings in my Saturday schedules...

Holy shit, you fish on Saturdays? What's that like?

PS - your photo uploader sucks and i can't view your site on my phone or computer.
boy in long pants

BigTimber

Post by BigTimber » Sat Sep 02, 2017 6:53 am

CarelessEthiopian wrote:
Wed Aug 30, 2017 8:23 am
Nemo wrote:
Mon Aug 28, 2017 4:08 am

Holy shit, you fish on Saturdays? What's that like?

PS - your photo uploader sucks and i can't view your site on my phone or computer.
Ditto, n.emo. I can only view on my mac.

#wbyceiydbo
This place has enough jiggly milkbags, marsupials fisting off, and animated cherubs getting stabbed in the fuck to get anyone shitcanned, if''n their boss can''t take a joke. ~SUAF

Pussy, much like freedom, ain't free.

America has become a dildo that has turned berserkly on its owner. ~McGuane 1971

Ginseng Sullivan

Post by Ginseng Sullivan » Sat Sep 02, 2017 2:54 pm

Thanks for the offer Nemo. Our itinerary has coalesced around the trouts and I think we have already bitten off more than we can chew.

I'll have a tr eventually but just getting this post in on the phone is a chore.

Trip has been fantastic at the halfway point and Phish tore it up last night. '97 got nothin on '17.

CE and FSB are salt of the earth. Making their states and this board look really fuckin good. I only hope I get to repay them at some point.

Ginseng Sullivan

Post by Ginseng Sullivan » Tue Sep 12, 2017 12:48 pm

Made it back home last night. It was an ok trip, I guess.
08-27-17-28514 copy.jpg
Schwing
08-27-17-28514 copy.jpg (903.9 KiB) Viewed 530 times

Glista

Post by Glista » Tue Sep 12, 2017 2:19 pm

Ginseng Sullivan wrote:
Tue Sep 12, 2017 12:48 pm
Made it back home last night. It was an ok trip, I guess.
Ha Ha! you post one picture of a jumping fish and I already know you did better than Psycho Timmy did down in Tennessee.

flashback

Post by flashback » Wed Sep 13, 2017 5:01 am

A hope it was a good trip, you deserved it.

Ginseng Sullivan

Re: Driving to Colorado- Surrender to the Flow

Post by Ginseng Sullivan » Mon Sep 18, 2017 8:36 am

Left Lancaster NY at 5 am on friday morn and got home 9 pm monday night, 17 days later. My friend the Hangry fisherman and I drove to UT to start what would be the first leg of a three legged trip. Three days floating the River with a group of people I've never met while HF held down the camp, fished on foot and met us on the river a couple of times for re supply and some payback dinner. Fished UT on our own for a couple more days before heading to Denver to see Phish play three shows in the condo hell known as Commerce city. Stayed in a house, washed clothes took regular showers, did some shopping in stores we don't have in NY and charged a fuck load of batteries. Then over the pass back to the cool part of CO for another week of fishing and camping with a third hobo we picked up in Denver.

Leg One- Arrival through the first day of the float. I'm just going to let the cameras tell this story. Huge thanks to Ben and Dibs for the invite. It was truly a trip that is going to be very hard to top. The beauty of this area and river are impossible to capture but I hope you get the idea. If you ever get the chance, go. Just to see one of those beautiful browns come up, follow, then sip in a hopper is worth it, but I suggest you remember to look up and attempt to take it all in. You won't be able to, but try anyway.

Hit the tent pad about 2 am and never moved until 7.

Stay tuned...

skullion childs

Post by skullion childs » Mon Sep 18, 2017 9:14 am

Nice. Been waiting for this!

RockyMtHigh

Post by RockyMtHigh » Mon Sep 18, 2017 9:37 am

Damn, almost makes me miss Utah. Actually, it kind of does.... Beautiful country out there. Thanks for sharing!
wait...what? fuck - Fatman

Lando

Post by Lando » Mon Sep 18, 2017 10:08 am

Colorado has already taken over that part of Utah. Good shit....I wish I could have made the trip, but work and all that...
If my tombstone reads, "He never ate sushi." it won't be a lie, and I'll be OK with that.

~Average Joe

Bears Fan

Post by Bears Fan » Mon Sep 18, 2017 10:10 am

Right on!
"Some days you win, some you lose, and some get rained out." - Outcast